Friday, September 08, 2023

I COULDN'T WAIT

 I really am the most impatient person I know.

That batting I bought yesterday needed rolling or folding up, and I didn't want to wait to do it on the driveway.

PLUS, it would have killed my back bending down to fold it from the ground.

Soooo... last night I put a couple of tables together in the sewing room and just did it.

ABOVE: Surprisingly, it didn't even take me that long to get it folded/rolled up.

When Stew got home from the pub we carried it into the front spare bedroom and lay it on the floor behind the bed.  I can then pull out, onto the bed, however much I want to cut off as I need it.  And it's out of the way there.

Rather pleased with that effort.

SPRING...

ABOVE:  Lush growth.


ABOVE:  The hybrid Peach/Apricot tree is COVERED in flowers and buds.  I wonder if this means we will actually get fruit this summer?


ABOVE:  Our two little Avocado trees are doing well... we don't expect fruit from them for about  7 years.  I hope we are still here then.


ABOVE:  Just a happy spot in the garden. 

All going well I will be off for a walk with Lacy this morning.  I think it's about time I changed the long tights for shorts!  Or at least 3/4 tights.

It's getting warmer every day.  Not by a huge degree, but slightly.

Have an awesome day girls/boys!



The day started out super foggy and cold... but by the time Lacy and I left for our walk it was lovely.

ABOVE:  more baby ducklings.  So cute.

ABOVE:  A gorgeous Magnolia tree in full bloom.

ABOVE:  We were only about a quarter of the way around the lake when we spotted the Hamilton Hot Air Balloon inflating on the other side of the lake. 
That spurred me on to go faster in the hope we would get over there in time to see it take off.

ABOVE:  That worked, we got there with about 1 minute to spare before they took off!


ABOVE: Lacy got this very short video... I didn't even know she was taping!  (obviously) 😂😅😊

ABOVE:  And off they went.  There must have been a good breeze up there cos they disappeared from view fairly quickly.

ABOVE:  Because I really pushed it (not Lacy this time), we did another 'BEST TIME'.  I wonder when they will stop?

I'm home now and cooling down quickly, so time to get out of the walking clothes and put something warm on.
It's NOT summer yet!

I just had the most lovely visit from my cousin Janice, who hails from Taupo.  She is a cousin from my Father's side of the family, I've only got 3 cousins on that side.  Dad only had one sister.
Unlike my Mum, who had 9 siblings, so lots and lots of cousins on that side as you can imagine.

Anyway, she came up with a girlfriend to see the Craft And Quilt Show on at Claudelands, Hamilton.  ONLY.. it was a scam ... she's so lucky she decided to buy the tickets to get in once here.  Cos it wasn't on.  It was a scam.  

So they came and visited me and have just left.
Janice is a full on, go go go sort of person.  I need a nap now!  lol
JJ, she is so very lovely.  I love her to bits.

I got a photo of her and I, and once I've got time to edit and make a little collage of a few I'll post them.  Probably tomorrow.

For now, I'm going to take time out and just relax.

Relaxing done.  Dinner done.  Watching the telly till bedtime.  Nice and quiet.
Catch ya tomorrow.

DAY 30 DONE AND DUSTED
In a week I will be half way there!  Rockin' it.

10 comments:

  1. Have fun on your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an awesome day yourself . Hope those spring buds bring you a bountiful summer harvest. What a lovely happy spot 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:18 AM

    Your garden is exploding into such vivid colors. It is just beautiful! And smart idea for the batting behind the bed, etc...that will make it all so handy. I'm in long pants today as it was 48 here this morning and inching up to only 71...I'll be in closed toed shoes here in a bit...ugh! Happy walk to you and Lacy. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty garden! Meanwhile we have a few tree turning colors and dropping leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:24 AM

    Wowzer excellent work 👏 go Lacy for the support GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Uh.....have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately? YOU ARE LOOKING AWESOME!! You even look taller! Maybe this is because with your shoulders back and the weight you've lost, you look strong and sure of yourself. Seriously, you really do. I saw it right away in the picture. I always said that you are very inspiring. And you are! I sure do envy your determination to succeed at whatever you happen to be doing. Can I be you when I grow up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura2:40 PM

    Oh crap! I forgot to put my name on that comment that I just submitted! Damn it, I think it'll probably come up as anonymous. Sorry about that , but it's from me, Laura. PS. Can I still be you when I grow up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:52 PM

    What grubs using a craft show as a scam, those bastards will do anything to get money

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:21 PM

    One of the quilting adies has stood her batting up on a broken typists chair. The whole seat is off so it stands up on the wheel part with the bar up the middle. Kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My batting roll is 2.3 metres long, it wouldn't fit on the upright bar of a typists chair sadly. Not that I have a typists chair, minus the seat ! lol

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.