Sunday, September 10, 2023

SUNDAY WALKIES

The weather is looking favourable for a nice walk this morning.  So that's what Stew and I will be doing.

But today we are not heading to the Hamilton Lake.  We are heading just out of town to Lake D, also known as Lake Kainui.  It is about a 10 minute drive from home.


ABOVE:  Looks nice eh?

After that, we will come home and potter around the house/yard I expect.

There's not a lot to do really.  Spring hasn't hit us fully yet, so the lawns are not growing much yet, nor are the weeds.

And I keep the house spic 'n' span daily, so not much to do there either.

So, that's our morning plan.  Who knows what we will get up to after that?


11.10 am:  And that was worth doing!
What a lovely, peaceful place to walk.
Not too many people there, but still a decent amount for a little country side lake walk.

ABOVE:  This was taken right beside the carpark.  The walk is very well maintained, wide enough for a vehicle to drive all the way around it... for maintenance anyway.  There is a boat ramp for summer use.  Water-skiing, kayaking etc.
I can see us going there in summer with our kayaks.



ABOVE:  It is a very pretty little lake, slightly smaller than the Hamilton Lake, but just as nice to walk around.
More 'aromatic' ... country smells.  Love them.  Cows all around the place.

ABOVE:  A really cute little Mai Mai.
For those not in the know, a Mai Mai is a place where a duck shooter 'hides' so the ducks don't see him and his gun!  BOOM BOOM.

ABOVE:  I tried walking the plank over to the Mai Mai, but it was a bit wobbly, and I didn't fancy ending up in that murky green water.
Just a bit yuk.

ABOVE:  Stew said he really enjoyed the walk, nice that we can do things like this together.  
And so close to home too.



ABOVE:  It really was only like 10 minutes max from our home.  Sad it's taken us almost 4 years to explore out that way.
But Lake D (Kainui), we will be back.

We have been home about half and hour and I'm now really cooling down, even though it's actually a lovely day out there.  I might make something for lunch then just blob out with me blankie on for a while.

ABOVE:  I forgot the Stats!   While the information provided about the lake said it was a 3.2 km walk, my app said 3.05 kms.  Meh... either way it's a lovely easy distance.  MY sorta distance.

I'm now off to make some scones, family are coming over for lunch.

ABOVE:  Well that's a first!
And my first thought?
TAKE A PHOTO!  Of course.  I'm a blogger after all.
Scones are now in the oven and I'm off to have a quick shower and change my clothes.   I'm covered in flour.

6.23 pm:  We have had a lovely afternoon.  Steve, Bex and the boys arrived in time for hot scones for lunch.  
Then after they left Stew and I just blobbed out for a while.
Then I went into the sewing room and got two Christmas Braid Runners cut out, ready for stitching this coming week.

Now... we shall blob out some more in front of the telly till bedtime.  Might grab a light something for dinner.  Don't need much after those yummy scones for lunch.

DAY 32 DONE AND DUSTED
Well, today was an easy one, for a weekend.
You can't beat home made scones!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:20 AM

    Our lawns are growing like crazy but we're very sheltered where we live the veggie garden is cracking along well even having to water everyday. Friends popping in today so better get my arse into gear too GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I visited there I found it such a peaceful spot to sit and enjoy all the birdlife. We never walked around as the path was extremely muddy from all the rain, so I hope you found it alright this morning :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:50 PM

    You both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least the dogs didn't get in the flour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays3:45 PM

    So neat you have discovered another wee Gem and so close to home,,πŸ‘
    Love all the photo’s including the Mai Mai ,,

    Lovely the family are coming for lunch but looking at the time there now you’re probably doing afternoon tea 🍡 about now for you all,
    Yesterdays post was great too, nice to see you ticking off the goals πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸŽΈ

    Catchup soon
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wee oops with the flour bother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stew is looking great too! You guys are going great guns 🀩

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Yum. I know how good your scones are. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.