Wednesday, February 22, 2023

YET ANOTHER BIRTHDAY

 Another birthday rolls around.

This time it's :


ABOVE:  Happy Birthday Lacy, we hope you have a lovely day.

Another year older, another year...  Yeah nah, not wiser!  But, we live in hope, lol.

ABOVE: These two will be having dinner together... which is lovely.  They call themselves 'The Twins'... even though they are a year apart in age. Nice that these two sisters are so close.

ABOVE:  When Bex came over last night to play cards, she also brought some 'accessories' for my little frog. He now has a Duckie Life Preserver, and a blue fish on the end of his fishing pole.  How cute!  Thanks Bex.


ABOVE:  And Michelle M brought over a huge bowl of the most delicious grapes.  OMG I'm set for healthy snacks for the week now.  Tomatoes and Grapes.  Yum yum.

Today ... hmmm.  I'm thinking of visiting a friend in Cambridge.  But I'll need to see if she's home first.  I have a couple of tops for her to try on.

I'm still culling my wardrobe.  It's a slow process, but feels good.

Later on... I shall be sewing again.  One of the new Fish Runners is 80% done, so it would be nice to get it finished today.


9.50 am:  I'm now going to Cambridge this afternoon, that suits my friend better.
All good, it gave me time to go through my wardrobe again, and I found a few more items she can have.


ABOVE:  I'm shocked to say there's three items there that I never even wore.  Now that they fit me, I don't like them!  Oh well, I know they will go to someone who will appreciate them.

Pay It Forward whenever you can.  

ABOVE:  My two oldest pairs of cycle shorts, my 'GO TO' shorts.  My fit me any size shorts.  My TWENTY FIVE YEAR OLD shorts!
They are threadbare in places.  They NO LONGER FIT.
Out they go.
It was hard to do it, but I am not hanging on to them for another day.
I think I kept them because I always gained weight again, and they were my staple shorts.
NOT ANY MORE.

I'm losing weight, and keeping it off.  I am finally in a good head space again, and am taking care of ME.
(and STEW of course).

2023 is the year to stop making our lives about others, and making it about us.  

ABOVE:  A major key to our contentment now.

Lacy rang.  She lost her car keys.  She insisted I had a spare at my house.  So I proceeded to hunt for half an hour in all the likely places I would stash keys.  Well, there's only two or three places to be fair.
I don't have her spare keys.

So I'm a bit stressed.   Then BOOM!  Silly bitch finds them.  

Lacy:  Go and get another set or two cut.  asap


4.55 pm:  I've been home a while, been busy in the sewing room.

My visit in Cambridge with Susan D was lovely.  She scored some 'new to her' clothes, that she was very happy to receive.
So nice to share the love.

I'm now feeling quite headachy... so am going to take a Panadol and just sit quietly for a while.

ABOVE:  For Blondie...  The Winner and Loser from last night's card game.  Sue T and Michelle M.  I love how their colours matched so nicely.  😊

And.... that's a wrap on the day.  Waiting for Coronation Street to come on, then after that, bed.
And I am tired, so rather looking forward to bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lacy! That frog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Lacy!
    Great Pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:10 AM

    Gidday there sorry it's been moons since I have commented, but I have been reading your blog once every couple of weeks and catching up on everything. Heartbreaking and chaos here is all I can say 💙 GM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad indeed. I hope your home and family/friends are ok? You have been missed on here.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:35 PM

      Yip everyone is alive we didn't have any damage or flooding thank goodness!! My parents are fine and the family we know of so many friends who have lost everything 🥺 I'll be back chick ya can't get rid of me that easily 😅💙

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11:10 AM

    Ohhh shit Happy Birthday Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:52 AM

    Chris you're doing fantastic! You are inspiring me to take some weight off slowly and not get mad when I have a week or so where the scale doesn't decrease. Thank you. Also about your runners (which I love), have you ever thought about sheep? I know Aust. and NZ are known for their sheep and I think you could make them really cute. Teri in the USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheep, like birds, do not ring my bells chick. They might ring Bex's though. LOL

      Delete
    2. Sorry that was a 'family joke'.

      Delete
  6. Bex your froggy friends are so adorable. You're a very talented chicken.
    Happy birthday Lacy glad you found your keys hope rest of your day is good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey where’s the winners losers
    Pictures!
    Lacy birthday sheesh that came around fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:56 AM

    Are you looking forward to getting your wardrobe down to a small amount? Or planning on keeping your dressing room concept?

    I have reduced my own to what could be considered a capsule wardrobe and really love the low volume.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.