Monday, February 06, 2023

WHAT TO DO TODAY?

 I had a much better night, thank goodness!

Still up a couple of times for the bathroom, but the burning pain has certainly subsided.  Not totally gone yet, but so much better.

It's a public holiday, so Stew is home.  

Because of recent flooding and damage to the roads, it isn't a good idea to go out and about too far.

I'm feeling stir crazy though.  It's a while since we went away for a long weekend.  That is gunna have to happen soon.

Maybe we can go out to lunch somewhere nice... at least we will be out.

And now that my UTI is settling down I feel like it would be OK to go out.

I certainly would like to take the day off sewing. 

Steve has been very busy water blasting their house, fences, gates and the driveway the past couple of days:



ABOVE:  Isn't it amazing what a power clean can do?

Steve didn't even think the driveway WAS DIRTY, until he started washing it!  Wow, it was filthy.

Now, back to today.  Let's just wait and see what the day brings.


11.36 am. And we have ended up in Raglan. We had to take a detoured route as the main road to Raglan is closed. But it was a nice enough trip over here.


ABOVE: luckily its not raining right now... we had a little walk along the water front.
Now, we are at ORCA for lunch.
It's VERY BUSY... so we don't expect food to arrive any time soon.
And that's ok, its a holiday weekend after all.
And we are not in a hurry.

ABOVE:  Our lunch, once it arrived, was delicious as per usual.  We always have the Seafood Platter to Share.  Sooooo good.
After lunch we decided not to do any shopping as the shops in Raglan are not really to our taste.  Kinda yippy hippy on the most part.

So we headed home.

The detour road we had to travel on was holding up pretty well to all the traffic, though in one place I had to get Stew to stop so I could take a photo:

ABOVE: There's a really big crack, and it wouldn't surprise me if the road gives way there sooner or later.  At least it's been noted already, going by the arrow marking it.
If it does give way, that is going to narrow down ways to get to and from Raglan even more.  That would be a bugger for the town.

I had expected Raglan to be very quiet, due to the detour being a slightly longer way to get there, but no.  It was still busy.  That must be a relief to all the retailers in the town.

Now that we are home, I'm going to lie down for a little while.  My tummy is feeling a bit tender and sore after being out and about.  Might have been pushing it to go out so quickly after having such a bad UTI?  Yeah, probably.

Well that was nice.  An hour long nap, then I went into the sewing room and finished the stitching on #3 Wonky House Runner.
That leaves two to get done in the next couple of day, then I can trim them, add their backing fabric and the binding and they will be completed.

Then I will move on to a few Hanging Cat Runners!  It's never ending, but I love it.

It's now time to chill out and watch the telly till bedtime.  Catch ya tomorrow.
DOGSTARS:  safe travels.

9 comments:

  1. Those are some really mpressive before and after pics I’m in Auckland roads are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh how satisfying 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:39 PM

    I'm so glad you're starting to feel better Chris. Enjoy your day out. Kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The Dr told me
      I would start feeling better in 24 hours. He was right.

      Delete
    2. My hubby and I are taking a spontaneous trip to Arizona tomorrow! I have no idea what we will do or see. But , I KNOW we will NOT see snow. We shall be gone a week! That shall be interesting. Just decided TODAY. So really last minute. Had to get flights, airbnb, rental car. No luggage allowed. So all things must fit under the seat. Now - off to figure that shit out!

      Delete
    3. Wow you are going clear across the country! A huge trip. I hope you have an amazing time.

      Delete
    4. That is 1,750 miles approx!

      Delete
    5. And driving from Virginia, Minnesota to Arizona is 2,171 miles! Glad you are flying.

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.