Thursday, February 16, 2023

FISHIES

 Here we go.

My first Fish Runner is about to get truly started.

ABOVE:  I have one more fish to choose fabric colours for, then I can start cutting out fish.

So exciting, I've been looking forward to getting back to this project.

ABOVE:  Another project.  That conifer is gunna get the chop.

Down to the ground.  It lost more branches in the storm.  And now it just looks a mess.

So, we have to decide if we pay someone to come and remove it, or do it ourselves.

I checked out some Arborist websites last night, and yeah.  Could cost A LOT.  I'm thinking we might do it ourselves, even if it takes us a while to bring it down, bit by bit.

Oh and also, after the storm, you can bet there's hundreds, if not thousands of downed trees needing to be chopped up and removed.  So we probably can't get anyone to do it right now anyway.

Now... I might just lie here and read the news and look at YouTube for another hour.  No point getting up early eh?


Morning Felicity!
I am awake.
I got up at my  usual time (around 8 am) and went straight into the sewing room.
Where I've been busy cutting out fabric, and fusing it to the backing fabric of the new runner.

ABOVE: That has taken me over 3 hours!

It takes time to work out just where to put everything.
But it's done and ready for stitching now.

I have stopped for lunch, and to put my feet up for a little while.

Lunch done... and now back to it.  
Gorgeous day here BTW.  Crickets chirping.  Sun shining.  Hardly any wind.  

Hard to believe in other parts of the country people are still dealing with havoc and destruction, and loss of life.  So very sad.

4.10 pm:  ANON:  I am feeling quite a bit better today thank you.  😊

There's been a lot of thunder this afternoon!  But no rain.  Weird.
I'm back in the sewing room, edging the freakin' fish.  

Stew just got home and we are heading over to The Base to pick up his new prescription.  He's now been put on Jardiance like me... so should do well on it, cos I have.
It's a fairly new, and a very effective Diabetes medication.  It CAN help with weight loss, but I didn't lose any weight on it at all.... going on a diet did that.  I was on Jardiance for 6 months prior to joining WW, just to clarify.

When we get home it will be our usual evening routine.  Dinner.  TV.  Bed.

OH, I'm half way through the Fish Runner, so I should be able to get it finished in time for the market on Saturday.  NOT that I expect it to sell then, but ya never know do ya?

I am SUPER happy with how the fish are looking!  I will show you the first two tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. That tree is relatively small and lightweight, you can do it yourself no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:49 AM

    Poor tree, it certainly looks whipped around. I agree with Dogstars, it looks like it could be fairly easy to bring down. But it sure is tall....good luck!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wake wake your public awaits your updates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea on doing the tree yourself in sections. Love the fish runner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE the fishies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Just read that another storm with high winds coming our way in North Island - hopefully that doesn't do any more damage - people have had enough. BTW, Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro has been struck by lightning for the second time - I think Mother Nature is trying to tell us something!! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:51 PM

    Adorable!! I love the new runner. I actually think it would look fantastic hanging on the wall in a kids room. Very nice! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:22 PM

    How are you feeling today?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:25 PM

    Very cute. Great fabric choices and placement.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those fish will be a challenge ! There may be simpler fishies in your future...... hum dee doo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:04 PM

    I love love love the fish runner! My favourite so far 😊 Michelle from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those fishies are just the best 👌

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:25 PM

    I love the fish Chris. So bright and. Colourful. Finally got my bs under 10 but lantus is up to 50. I feel great tho. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi chuck my big sister was on Jardiance through the Diabetes programme run out of Sydney hospital. 35 kg + lost and they paid $1200 plus some BUT IF YOU LOST every week for more than 6-7 months you got 59% back she was pre diabetic borderline major diabetic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stew has to pay $80 a month for Jardiance. I don't have to pay anything for it as I have other health issues that make me 'high risk', so I get it free.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3:31 AM

    Magpie here, I just read up about jardiance and UTI,s are a side effect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous4:23 AM

    Just an FYI, my husband was taking Jardiance and had the side affect of Balanitis. This is like a yeast infection for men. You should look it up and keep an eye out for it. If you're taking Jardiance you also have a risk of a yeast infection. Perhaps that is why you're getting a UTI. Like I said, just and FYI and connecting the dots. When my husband got Balanitis, we took him off of Jardiance and it took like 2 months for it to clear up. Have a happy day! Melaka

    ReplyDelete
  18. The fish runners are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.