Monday, February 13, 2023

USUAL MONDAY?

Well.... I've not had a chance to look outside, or check the news yet, so I don't know what's happened overnight yet.

The tropical Cyclone was taking effect up north when I went to bed last night, with power outages and surging seas.  

 

ABOVE:  It is certainly a freaking BIG Cyclone.  If it has stayed on track as predicted, we shouldn't be too badly affected here in the Waikato.

Because we have had so much rain over the past couple of months, there is bound to be more slips/flooding and road closures all around the upper North Island.

It's horrible.

And so sad for everyone who has had damage done to their homes.

Anyway, I'll check out what'd happened overnight and report back here later.

Though, this weather 'event' is not over yet!


ABOVE:  I hope this tree hasn't had more branches battered around overnight.  I'll go check on it later as well.

My plans for today are to tidy up all the bedrooms, get the washing on, and then go into the sewing room to work on the Cat Runners.

So... catch ya later.


8.20 am:  And if we are going to get a 'storm', it hasn't arrived yet.  We have a very grey, overcast day and rain, but nothing unusual.

Auckland and Northland have had 'some' wind and rain, but I don't think it's as bad as they expected.
Lots of places here and there are closed down for the next two days, in case it gets worse.  But really, I can't see that happening.  I could be wrong though, cos hey, I'm not a weather forecaster.

So often though, we are told a terrible weather event is about to happen, and it simply doesn't.
Let's wait and see.

In the meantime, the washing is on, the house is about to get vacumed (slowly, cos my lower back is killing me today), and other jobs shall follow.

Marley's squeaky chicken toy was annoying me the other day, cos I keep stepping on it and jumping outta me skin.  So I kicked it under my car.
Stew said I'd end up driving over it.

ABOVE:  He was 100% right.
Something tells me Marley is not impressed with me.  Shame.  She's got plenty of other toys scattered all over the house to play with.

I just vacumed the garage.  Taking a little break till I tackle the next area.

Vacuming can wait, I'm back in the sewing room, where I hope to get a few of the cat runners finished today.  But not pushing it, I've got 5 days till the next market.

1.15 pm:  It's getting a bit more squally out there, quite a few good wind gusts and the rain is heavier.  But it's not consistent.

I've got 4 Cat Runners ready for binding, and am now taking a break. 

Terribly quiet on here today.  I really don't like it!  Seems to be getting like the norm.  Pfffft.  πŸ˜”πŸ˜•πŸ˜’ 

ABOVE:  THAT is called "Holy shit that was close!"   Nearly put the needle through me finger.
AND that hurts like B'Jezus.
BTW: I only wear quilting gloves when I'm working on bigger pieces, helps move the fabric along.

Brylee called in this afternoon to pick up some mail, and we had a lovey couple of hours yakking while I worked.

ABOVE:  I got the first of the Cat Runners finished... it looks fantastic.  Well... I think so.
I shall finish the other 6 tomorrow.

It's raining steadily now, with fairly blustery winds.  Still NOT stormy, but from what I've read it could still get worse.

Very windy now!  Seems the storm really has arrived here.  It's been battering the upper North Island all day and caused quite a lot of damage/flooding/power outages etc.
Who knows what could happen overnight!

I know I finally caved in and go out a torch, candles and matches.  Just in case we lose power too.

Watching the final of Happy Valley, fingers firmly crossed we don't lose power before it ends. That would really piss me off.

Signing off for the day, it's been a good, productive day.

14 comments:

  1. I haven’t long got home to catch up on you blog. Our news is saying NZ is going to cop it badly from the cyclone, I guess time will tell for you. Hopefully it won’t be to bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I spent the day cooking dinner and then baking a blueberry pie. Now the husband and youngest son are watching football. I had an accidental nap this afternoon while trying to watch Vera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:35 PM

      Thanks for mentioning Vera. I did not know another season was playing.
      Vickie

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2:29 PM

    Love the toy under tire photo. So cute.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:41 PM

    Get Marley's toy!! lol...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays6:45 PM

    Been having trouble getting on here Chris,
    Don’t know where my messages have gone but read n try n comment each day
    This is a test one πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ₯πŸ’―

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lot my messages over last week or so have said cant be published lol

      Delete
  6. Have been thinking of everyone up north - I feel guilty when we are having beautiful summery days down here in Christchurch with just gentle winds. It's hard to believe that it is now 12 years ago when so many of us down here were suffering ongoing effects of earthquakes. I love your cat runners - super cute! I hope you have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im here but have been working from home 🀣🀣... not a lot of work getting done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot and humid as Paula said hard to believe the weather contrast. Brokeb3 toes today ouch...dropped 15 hard back books on my foot. Reading is dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STOP READING!!! And ouch. Ya poor bugger.

      Delete
    2. Sandra in Palmy has also got broken toes/foot!

      Delete
  9. I'm here now, been fluffing around all day doing not much at all.
    Love that cat runner...typical cat...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:09 PM

    Stay safe Chris. It's been battering Napier too tonight. Thinking of you all. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.