Sunday, February 19, 2023

MARKET AGAIN... BUT ONLY AS VISITORS

 At some point this morning we are heading out to Ngaruawahia to have a wander around a market being run by a friend of Bex's.

Bex has helped her friend organise this market, and will be a stall holder there as well.

I hope it goes well for them, they have worked really hard to get it up and running.

Their site is prone to flooding, so fingers crossed they don't get any rain.

Once home again I'm going to make a start on 2-3 more Fish Runners.  I've got a full month now until my next market, so no rush but I do love making my runners.

OH, and I have an order for a couple of Fish Cushions too.  I don't usually take orders as they just add stress, but it's for a family member, and she's not in a rush for them.  So I have plenty to keep me busy for a while.


11.45 am:  Well, we've been out to the market in Ngaruawahia, and had a wander around, chatted to Bex and Ren and then came home again.
They are so lucky the weather is holding for them, as the forecast is for showers.

ABOVE: There were quite a few stalls that we'd never seen before, and a few that were really lovely.  We were not tempted to buy anything today.  Just lookers.

Stall holders hate 'lookers'.  I should know.

Now we are back home, and have enjoyed an early lunch.  I made a mixed salad, parmesan potato and pork belly.  It was our main meal of the day.  Crackers for 'dinner'.

Now, I'm going to take a little break from doing anything, and later on, head back into the sewing room.
Feel free to say 'Hi' btw!

5 pm:  And I've been in the sewing room cutting out patterns for the next 4 fish.  I'm going to make the next two Fish Runners in a different way to the first one.
Just one fish at each end, and a gap in the middle for whatever ya have on ya coffee table.
Steve suggested how to site them, which is a better way than I was going to do it.  Thanks Steve.

My back is now quite sore... so I'm back in the family room, feet up and relaxing.

ABOVE:  Stew meantime, is outside trimming trees and shrubs, and I think he plans on mowing the lawns too.
Just a general tidy up of the gardens.  Everything is growing so damn fast!  Rain/sun/rain... plants and weeds alike LOVE THIS WEATHER.

Stew did an awesome job outside, the gardens are looking so pretty.  And tidy.

It's now after 9 pm, and it won't be too long before it's bedtime.  Catch ya tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Cushions! Interesting! You could make pillows too! Those fish are going to be quite popular, I suspect!


    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, am guilty of "looking" at a surprise craft show I came across today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:23 PM

    Your lunch sounds wonderful and I bet it was. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cushions would sell like hotcakes i reckon 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of cushions, too. I think your fish will be the most popular design yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m started on a new quilt but because I’ve done a bit more scrapy it requires a lot more concentration to make sure all 8 hst tie in

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a couple hours in garden today ick...I missed the gardening gene I dislike it a LOT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:20 AM

    I had a wonderful visit today from my granddaughter who in now living in Porirua doing her Paramedics degree. It was wonderful. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your yard is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.