Friday, February 24, 2023

RINGS

 And yet again, I am faced with this annoying problem.

ABOVE:  My freakin rings are spinning around on my finger.  So annoying, sometimes two go one way, and the third one goes the other way.  Grrrr.


ABOVE: And it's not all down to weight loss.  My ring finger has 'wasted away' from wearing rings for 40+ years.  

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Today, before I do anything else, I'm gunna go to a jeweller and get a thing-a-ma-jij, that holds your rings in place.  

I used to use tape to hold them in place, but I really do need to get the right thing eh?

Can't think why I haven't done it already? Like, years ago.  😖😕😏  I'm sure I've bitched about this before!



11 am:  And I went to the Base.  Visited three different jewellers.

All of them said the same thing. 

- No we don't have anything to help them fit better.

- We can resize them OR we can solder them together.

I don't want to make them smaller, because then they won't fit over my knuckle!

I don't want then soldered together, as all three swing around my finger already, and joining them together won't stop that.

So I was told to try LOVISA, a costume jewellery shop in the mall.

ABOVE: And look at that.  And dead cheap too.
So now I just have to slip the right one under my rings and see how it goes.
I will of course let ya know in due course.

When I got home from The Base, it was lightly raining.
Perfect weather for a little walk.  So off I went.
Down to the local supermarket, where I bought some oil, as we were out of it. Then home again.
A nice little 2.8 km walk in the rain.  Nothing like it to cheer ya up.
Not that I needed cheering up.
KINDA.
It was very hard being in the mall, around all the food temptations.  The worst was Dunkin' Donuts.  OMG so hard to keep walking by, but I did it.

ABOVE:  I'm all hot, sweaty and a bit wet, so might go and get changed.
Then sit and chill out till I feel like doing something else.

6.48 pm:  My day has been great.  Got lots done around the house, got washing on racks in the garage... THANKS YET MORE RAIN.
Yep, as if we haven't had enough rain in this country, we are getting more.
I feel so terribly sorry for those who have already lost so much to the storms.
Hopefully this latest storm is mild compared to what we had two weeks ago.

We had a silly bugger dinner tonight, fish cakes, crumbed fish, mashed potatoes with onion and baked beans.  Sounds weird, but was just lovely.

Must not do that again though, a heavy dinner like that is not exactly in my plans to lose weight.

I will be extra good over the weekend I think. 😊

It will be a normal Friday night here.  Stew watching sport in the lounge, and me watching whatever in the family room.
I still have to do today's WORDLE, so I think I'll bugger off and do that now.
Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I have a couple of rings I avoid wearing because they are too big, so will be interested to see what you end up with (and hope it works!). Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:29 AM

    I stopped wearing a wedding ring 27 years ago during a visit to Indonesia. Although it felt strange at the time I soon got used to having 'natural' fingers. I occasionally wear an Australian opal ring when I go somewhere special. Helen in France.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:23 AM

    I had my rings cut off at A&E a few years ago because my knuckles were permanently swollen with arthritis and I couldn't get them off. At first I hated not wearing them but quickly got used to it. I went to a local jeweller in Rotorua and bought a gold chain for my engagement ring (which I wear all the time under my clothes). I thought about having my wedding ring resized but it would have been far too loose and a lot more expensive than it warranted. I gave the wedding ring to my grand-daughter and maybe one day she will get married and wear it or maybe not, lol. Hope you can get a thing-a-ma-jig that you will be happy with. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing-a-ma-jig I used is like a tiny telephone cord that wraps on the ring. It works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rings are a pain. I have had mine resized more than once. Both bigger and smaller. I also stopped wearing it for nearly a year. But, it's back on now. I hope the sizer gadgets work. I am certain you will let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:51 PM

    I too stopped wearing all mine years ago. I was someone who wore wedding/engagement on one hand and my great grandmother’s ring on the other hand for decades. They are still insured, but never worn.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:22 PM

    Thanks for the Lovisa tip Chris. My daughter “lost” a beautiful ring (then found it in the cutlery drawer where it had fallen off), so I will try Lovisa here in Melbourne for these things. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ordered ring sizers from Amazon. It's like a rubbery coil and you just wind however much you need around the band, Works great for me.
    Vonda

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.