Sunday, February 12, 2023

WHAT AM I DOING?

  OK.

Re:  My Weight Loss 'Plan'.

I'm going to Weight Watchers, but NOT following their plan at all.  I go there for accountability on the scales, and to YAK.  Full stop.  End of Story.

Being with other people who are on the same 'journey' as you, being able to talk through issues with like minded people is a huge help.

The Weight Watchers programme DOES WORK, but I do not want to focus on points/calorie values of every friggin thing I put in my mouth!  I don't want to be restricted in what I CAN and CANNOT eat.

I don't believe any food is FREE in points/calories, you can overeat and gain weight by eating too much of ANYTHING, except ICE.

If Watermelon is 'FREE' to eat, and you eat two whole watermelons in a day, you are gunna gain weight.  Derrr.

So much of losing weight is common sense, and we all know if we overeat, or choose the 'wrong' foods too often, we will gain weight.


Now, as for me.

1.  I never eat breakfast, a lifelong habit of mine.  I'm just not hungry at breakfast time.

2. I have my main meal at lunchtime most days of the week.  

3.  I watch my portion sizes.  If it looks a bit much on the plate, it MOST LIKELY IS.

4. I have a fruit smoothie or some crackers/cheese/ham for dinner.  OR a very light salad with no carbs, and just a tiny bit of protein, that being meat or cheese.

5. I have whatever I feel like for one or two meals on the weekend with Stew.  Again, we do watch portion sizes to a certain extent.

6.  AND THIS IS THE BIGGEST THING:  I do not snack.  NOTHING for morning or afternoon tea, and NOTHING after dinner.

7.  I drink my Diet Coke 99% of the time.  Once in a blue moon I will have a chocolate thick shake or hot chocolate.  

So that is what I am doing right now.

I have not added much exercise into my 'plan' yet.  I am saving it for when I plateau.  Then I have that up my sleeve for when I need it.

Plus right now, I actually don't have that much energy for it either.  Small steps.  Focus on one thing at a time.

If you want more tips from someone who has been there, done that a gazillion times, I did a post on January the 26th (2023),  with more weight loss tips.  A lot of it is already on today's post though.

Now.  Back to today.  Our plan is to go to Taupo for lunch with family and a swim.

Watching the weather, as that storm is due any time now.  I better check the forecast and see if it would be prudent to stay home or not.


8.45 am, the wind is getting up, the rain is starting and so... our trip to Taupo is postponed.

It would be silly to travel when a Cyclone is heading our way! Even if we are not in the direct path of it's worst, we are not going to go on a 2 hour drive if it's not necessary.
Sad, cos I was so looking forward to soaking in the hot pools at Wairakei again.

So now we are left with no plans for the day.
I will probably go and sew and Stew will park himself in front of the telly and watch a movie or some sport.  *sigh*

A while ago a new market was organised for out at Woodlands Estate, just past Gordonton.  That's about a 15 minute drive out of Hamilton.
We decided not to apply to have a site out there , various reasons but the main one being I really didn't think it would be well attended.

So, it was on today, it's INAUGRAL market.
We decided to go out and see what it was like.
Bearing in mind it's now raining and the wind is getting up.  I even thought it might have been cancelled.
But no.

It was on.

ABOVE:  The stalls were set up on the large OVAL to the right.
When we arrived there was no sign of anyone as we drove in.  The carpark had a smattering of cars, and there were a few people around.
We walked from the carpark to the Oval.

ABOVE: This was what greeted us.
28 stalls.  Over half the stall holders had cancelled and not turned up.
There were some very sad looking stall holders I can tell you!
Talking with a few we knew, the general consensus was that they would pack up early and go home.
I don't blame them.
Such a shame, the venue was lovely.  The Oval had HEAPS of room for over a hundred stalls.

Maybe their next one will be better.  I'm still not putting my name down for a site though.

We are home again now, and it's a bit COLD!  Might be a snuggle under a blankie in front of the telly day after all.

Well it's been a very pleasant day.  Steve and Bex came over and we all had lunch together.
Then I had a nana nap... so nice on a cool afternoon.

It was raining earlier, but for now it has stopped.
The cyclonic weather has not arrived yet, it's only just hitting the very top of the North Island now.
Seems to be very slow moving.

Dinner is gunna be something very light as we had pizza for lunch.  May be crackers, ham 'n' cheese.

I've a very sore eye today.  I woke up with something in my right eye, and it took hours for it to come out.  DON'T sleep with mascara on!  That was the only thing I can think of that could have been in me eye.  Eye is still sore even now.

I feel a bit guilty for not sewing today.  I have 7 Cat Runners half done.  I will have to work on them tomorrow, cos our next market is Saturday the 18th January at Tamahere.

I'm rather chuffed I have managed to replace all the stock I sold at our last market so quickly.

DOGSTAR:  I knew it was you the minute you mentions Arizona.  😊  Thanks for popping in even on holiday... I hope you are having an awesome time.

Stew and I just went for a walk in the cool early evening breeze.  No rain until we were almost home.  Stew is now outside pruning our front conifer, which has some branches hanging down... probably caused by the wind.

Before and after tomorrow.

ABOVE:  One of our neighbours taking her pets for a walk too.  Two Golden Retrievers and a cat.  So cute.  The cat seemed to be loving it's walk.

Quiet time now, just relaxing at home till bedtime.  So glad we went for a walk, blew away a few cobwebs.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:29 AM

    That is a bummer about your trip, it sounded really nice. Here's hoping next weekend is better for you. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit ya should’ve rung me weather down versus grey but no wind or rain yet….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:10 PM

    Hi it is so good you have found a "plan" that suits you....I agree with you about weight watchers, it is fun to mix with the like minded people and chat and have some accountability...I have never been able to stick to weight watchers or the like...I did lose 15 kilos 8 years ago when I was still working as I was having a major operation and didn't want to be over weight for that...sadly most of that weight has returned...I just want to eat food that I enjoy without calorie counting etc....and it can be done...good on you...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. That market looks amazing for a fine day. Gorgeous venue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:40 PM

    I even saw news that New Zealand was in fort a doozy of a storm. I just got caught up on your blog. Still in Arizona and hiking around and wearing ourselves out every night! Hope the storm isn’t too bad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:42 PM

    I typed up a big thing and it may have disappeared. I’m tired now. So hello and goodnight. If it says I am anonymous, I’m actually dogstars

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:53 PM

    I've started JC and it works good for me. A. I'm not a good cook. B. I don't have to think about what's for tea and C. I can swap around. 2.1 kgs off last week.it has to work. Got to get my bs down and lose weight. Story of my life. You are looking awesome Chris. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.