Sunday, February 26, 2023

VISITORS

 My job this morning is to make club sandwiches in a Tupperware Jel Ring.  It's something I love making, even though it takes a bit of time and preparation.

They always come out so perfectly ... I will show you once I cut it up later.

If you are interested in how to do it, look back at my post dated :  Sunday, August 24, 2014.

I've been making club sandwiches like this FOREVER... they are one of my most favourite lunches to make for visitors.

Well that, and cheese scones.  Can't lose with them either.

Khady and cousin Barbara are due midday, so that gives us plenty of time to do a few odd jobs around the house.  Not much needs doing to be honest, except to put some washing on, and fold the linen that I got dry in the garage over the past couple of days.

I wasn't hanging it outside with the weather being so damn unpredictable.

Anyone would think it's already winter.

Well, except for this silly plant:

ABOVE: This silly Azalea has got it's seasons mucked up!  It should be flowering in October/November... not now.  Shows how stuffed up our weather is right now.

HOLD ON!   I just read up on Azaleas, and that one above can bloom up to three times in a year!  Wow.  Learn something new every day eh?

What a wonderful shrub to have.  It's doing really well where it is, must be the perfect spot.

Right, I better get up and get the washing on, then make that Club Sandwich.  


10.14 am:  And that was almost a disaster.
I couldn't find the Tupperware Jel Ring anywhere.  I looked in all the most obvious places it SHOULD have been, then in some daft places.
Couldn't find it.
Then Stew looked under the front bed, and boom!
Found.
I remember putting them there a while ago now, so they were out of the way.
Never again.  They are going back in the baking cupboard.

The sandwich is done and setting in the fridge now, it took me 1.5 hours to make.  As I said, not the simplest of things to make.
Lots of prep.

And now it's time to just sit back and wait for our visitors.

And get the washing on, cos I just remembered I ain't done that yet.


4.20 pm:  And our visitors have been, and just gone.  It was delightful to catch up with Khady, and see Barbara again.  It's easily 10 years since we last saw her as she lives in America.


ABOVE:  A couple of lovely photos for the memories.

ABOVE:  Today's club sandwich, it was delicious.  And much appreciated, which made the effort worth it.

5.20 pm:  We just got home after dropping left over cakes 'n' slices off to Steve and Bex.
I said to Stew I didn't want it in the house, as I wouldn't be able to resist it. Neenish Tarts and Salted Caramel Slice.  OMG two things I LOVE.

Best to just not have it in the house eh?

Not long till I will need to get the washing in ... then I can relax for the remainder of the day and evening.

10.41 pm:   Gosh I'm tired!  It's been a long day.  And I've over eaten twice today.  Dumb.
Just a little blimp.  I'll do better tomorrow.
And now I'm off to bed.

11 comments:

  1. Tupperware sandwich goes back 45 plus years I use to make it when I was demonstrator. Cant believe no Tupperware in nz any more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:46 PM

    https://diet-coke-rocks.blogspot.com/2014/08/ummm-maybe-out-and-about-today

    Found the link
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiwionholidays4:41 PM

    What lovely photos of you ones n your special vizzies today,.
    Such happy snaps to save,,,

    Hey that club sandwich WOW making me hungry n it’s only mid afternoon
    Lovely n sunny here so took advantage freshening up the wardrobe clothes ready for seasons changing soon to a wee bit cooler .

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:23 PM

    Lovely photos and yummy sandwiches 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:23 PM

    Above comment was me - Anne Palmy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I love those club sandwiches....those look so yummy 😋

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda9:47 PM

    OMG those club sandwiches look amazing! I bet they tasted so good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:30 PM

    I'm going to start searching for a jelly mould ring lol. I love Stews shirt lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your shirts! Looks like a nice visit with one of your yummy sandwiches

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amanda-Alison O'Beirne6:04 PM

    Nawwwh, Aunty Khady… I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:53 PM

    I would overreact too if I had that yummy sandwich around!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.