Tuesday, February 14, 2023

I SLEPT IN

 It's a late start today.

I slept in and didn't get a post up nice and early.

So.  The storm has wrecked havoc around the country, but not too bad here in Hamilton that I know of.

The wind was very strong overnight and I did wonder if we would get any damage?


ABOVE:  The only thing that seems to be a bit battered (apart from the gardens looking a bit rattled), is this pittosporum tree. 

I've tied it back up to the fence, so hopefully it recovers.  It's roots were not torn out of the ground, so maybe it will survive?

LOL, I'm still in me nightie.  I even went out the front and inspected everything out there in me nightie.  Who cares?  Not me.

Right, so I shall now go about my usual morning routine, bed made, washing sorted, bla bla bla.

The girls go to the groomers at lunchtime today, so maybe I'll get some clothes on. 😄😉😊


Looking at my cat runners last night, thinking... hmmmm.
Maybe they need 'something' else on them?

ABOVE:  I thought of a mouse.
What do you think?  YES ... or NO?
That mouse is just sitting there, not stitched on yet.  I really am not sure.
Maybe something simpler ... a little flower (in black)?

Stew just arrived home.  Because there has been a 'National State Of Emergency' declared, his company has closed their offices and sent everyone home.
Here in Hamilton the weather is fine now, just overcast and light winds.  Crazy.
He is going to work from home today instead.

MARJORIE:  Stew doesn't get the day off, he's working on our dining room table.

ABOVE: Three done, four to go.  And they can wait cos I'm hungry.  
Off to make some lunch for Stew and I.

Lunch done.
Dinner done.
Dessert done.

SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD THE DESSERT!
Stew and I feel sick as dogs now!

Watching the telly now, thinking about going to bed early so I don't actually throw up.

Lesson learnt (AGAIN)... don't overeat.  And don't eat ice cream with chocolate sauce.

22 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:57 AM

    Yes, the mouse looks good

    Mary in Tassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:57 AM

    Love the mouse idea Chris.(Wendy from the Uk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mouse is good... or a spider? I had to laugh about going outside in your nighty - we are extremely private here, no neighbours overlooking us, but if I go out in my nighty Stu has a shit fit! Sometimes I do it just to wind him up it's so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 'nightie' is an oversized t-shirt, very long. No one would (hopefully), have realised I was in me nightie. lol

      Delete
    2. Haha, mine too but because it is technically a nighty he still freaks out! I think it looks more like a sundress, crazy guy :)

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9:20 AM

    Yes to the mouse. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:56 AM

    I like the mouse. I think a spider would be cute too. I can’t think of a third thing, but I think variety would be fun.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mouse. Glad you are okay and Stew gets a day off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:18 PM

    Back in snowy Minnesota. Does your blog recognize me now? Nope. I wonder what happened??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, try logging back into your Google Account.

      Delete
  8. I wander around in my nightie most mornings...

    Love the mouse...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just seen some of Hamilton destruction hope you and your families r still safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are 100% fine Chick, the flooding/damage is very here and there.

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear u all ok mate

      Delete
  10. Home computer knows! I will have to try logging in and out of google on my phone. It's odd though - because I am logged in on my phone as far as I can tell! Anyhow - I like the mouse. Make lots of colored borders. People will choose favorite/matching colors! Is this a new hanging cat? What about the "wine cat"? black or colorful flowers would be cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, all borders will be black. It's the same Hanging Cat. I don't think I will be making any more 'Need Wine' Cats! They are just too shitty ... all that hair to stitch around did my head in, and they took way, way too long.

      Delete
    2. Colorful borders as in the blue or green fabric shown above.

      Delete
    3. Oh right. I misunderstood 😊

      Delete
  11. Anonymous5:09 PM

    Love the mouse. You are so creative. I hope the cyclone takes flight out of here tonight. There's going to be a he'll of a mess to clean up. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  12. If it's any consolation I'm still in my nightie and it's dinner time 🤣. The joys of working from home... ugh i hate it. Back to office tomorrow i hope 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mouse look is great. Go for it! Glad to hear you and the garden are OK. I've been following the cyclone and keeping in touch with family.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.