Saturday, February 25, 2023

A WET WEEKEND

 Nearly March, and we still have not had summer.

It's utterly crazy.

Stew said we had fog several morning last week too, which means Autumn is coming.

Yesterday I wore a sweatshirt all day and wool slippers too.  I was COLD.

I know I hate being too hot, but come on!  NO SUMMER?

Our second round of lettuce and tomato plants are not doing anything.  It's just not warm enough for them to grow.  Complete waste of money getting them. 

Now... today?

NO IDEA.

We can't be bothered going day tripping with the weather being shit again.  If there's lots of rain, there is bound to be more road closures and slips all over the place.

It's really been a terrible spring and summer.

I will probably get some more washing done, then head into the sewing room.  I haven't finished either of the two Fish Runners that I started last week.  I've been mucking around with other things.

And I just haven't felt like working on them.  Hopefully today I do get the motivation to get on with them.


10.25 am, and it looks like all the predicted rain has been and gone again.  It looks very nice outside right now.  Clear skies, puffy clouds, not too hot or cold.
Like the porridge.  Just right.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‰

Stew is down at the supermarket getting our weekly supply of Diet Coke.  After he gets home we are going to Farmers to find a couple more pairs of knickers for me.  I am really loving the BONDS brand, and would like a few more.
I seem to be doing washing much more frequently just so I can keep wearing the BONDS knickers!  lol  I only have 4 of them... yeah, NOT ENOUGH.  

Stew also suggested we go for a walk 'somewhere', I'm up for that as long as it doesn't get too hot.

12.08 pm:  And we have been out and about.  Chartwell Square, Farmers.  Found some knickers:

ABOVE:  Over half our population must be a size 14 on the butt, cos OMG it's hard to find that size.
But, we did find 4 pairs, so I think I am all good now.

After that, we visited THREE supermarkets trying to find a few things for lunches.  Primarily Brie Cheese and Ham slices.  After going to three different stores, we had what we wanted.  
Home now, and looking at the sky... we are probably going to get rain later on today.

It's very hot and humid out there.  So I doubt I will be going for a walk.  Maybe tonight when it's cooler, if it's not pissing down too much.

I'm going to have some lunch now, crackers, cheese and ham.  Nice, I will never tire of that sort of lunch.

ABOVE:  This one is finished.  And I'm not too sure about the alignment of the fish?
This one is only going to work on a coffee table.
I'm not sure I want to do another one like this.
What do you think?

ABOVE:  I wish the rain would just HAPPEN... instead of threaten!   We have had monster clouds all day, but no rain here.  All around us?  Yep.  Just not here.

We just went out to the cemetery and tended Stew's parent's grave.  
His sister is visiting tomorrow, and is going out there.  So we wanted it to look nice.

Then we went to the supermarket AGAIN, to get some bread for tomorrow, as Khady and cousin Barbara will be here for lunch.

That was the fifth supermarket visit today.  Crazy.

Well another Saturday winds down... and as per usual, Stew is watching sport and I'm watching other stuff in the Family Room, while playing Solitaire on the laptop.  😊
Time to sign off for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. So, your summer is coming to an end without ever having a proper summer? Not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:12 AM

    I am sorry about your weather, I had noticed your summer wasn't stellar this year. Sometimes with crappy weather we need to allow ourselves some downtime and just do whatever makes us happy. Here is wishing for better days for you all and no more land slides. XO Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Did you see that Waihi Beach had a tornado this morning - roofs gone and 1500 houses without power - we have been very lucky in Rotorua and Hamilton. A walk while the weather is fine (or as fine as it will get I think before Autumn) is a good idea. We used to have "Indian Summers" in the UK years ago (don't know if they still have them) when there would be brilliant sunshine well into the Autumn - maybe that will happen here! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:21 PM

    Keep an eye on the Bonds website as they have sales (eg 40% off) and it’s easier to get the size and the style you want. And if you’re happy paying full price then you can likely just get what you need without too much hassle (although may have to pay postage of course). I’ve found it very handy! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays3:25 PM

    Been away for a few days n trying to catch up on here to say Hi so Hi it isπŸƒ‍♀️
    Got rellies in Waihi so emailed them when it came across the news about the tornado πŸŒͺ️ to make sure they were ok ,,,,they hadn’t heard about it yet .🎸So they’re all good πŸ‘

    Lovely you got the bonds πŸ’—Loving the pink .will see if they have them here at any of the Aussie retailers cos we don’t have farmers here,

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend as we will here
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Jockey undies from Bonds. Yep, size 14 is always a challenge which is crazy. You'd think they'd make twice as many in that size.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, not sure about that last fish runner. It makes me a bit dizzy! Love the fish just not sure about the placement.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.