Friday, February 03, 2023

OUT THEY GO

I did a big clear out of my wardrobe a couple of  weeks ago.

I gifted all these clothes to my friends :


No more covering up with oversized clothes.  I want to feel happy in what I'm wearing from now on.

If that means my wardrobe shrinks dramatically, well so be it.


That dress I'm wearing (above) is one of 4 linen dresses, all the same design, but different colours, that I bought at a market in Coffs Harbour, Australia.  They are my favourite thing to wear to WW weigh ins, as they are lovely, lightweight and comfortable.
I'm never getting rid of them.
I can sew them in as I shrink.  I've already done that once, a while ago.  

I've got WW today at midday.  So let's see how I go this week.

Meantime, this morning I will be working on these:

ABOVE:  I worked a bit later than normal yesterday, and got 5 backgrounds ready for the Wonky House Runners.  I have to do heaps of stitching to get those backgrounds ready for the houses to be added.  
With any luck I will get them done today, and then I can work on making the houses tomorrow.
It's all go!


2.24 pm.  Sorry for being missing in action.
I've been working on Wonky House Runners since 8.30 this morning. 
NON STOP.
I didn't even stop to attend my WW Meeting!

I'm going to attend the Saturday morning meeting instead.

I've now taken a break.
Going to put my feet up and have an incredibly late lunch.


ABOVE:  4 pm, and that was a good long break.  I have one more runner to get the houses sorted out for, then it will be STITCHING TIME!
I'm surprised at how much I have managed to get done today to be honest.
But then, I do tend to just go for it eh? ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰

ABOVE:  And there ya go.  5 Wonky House Runners ready for stitching.  And again, I'm so, so tired now.  There is SO MUCH WORK involved in getting them to that stage.  You probably have no idea, and that's fine.

Stew just got home from work.  He's tired too.
So, a nice quiet evening ahead of us.  Feet up.  Watch the telly.  Yak with me hubby.
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. You could make a dozen of those linen dresses in the time it takes for one runner. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at weigh in.
    Wish I had meetings available here, closest one is a 40 minute drive away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vickie12:49 PM

    I too chain stitch multiples at the same time. I agree, makes things go very quick.

    Good for you on cleaning out your closet. I am down to a very small capsule wardrobe and it is very freeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are all the comments?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are looking great and it's good to hear you are taking control of your weight/ health. I have lost a little weight recently.... not sure how... stress probably. Anyhoo, I'm happy about it.... hope not to put it back on lololololol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:34 PM

    I hope I can have a change in dress size soon too. Your clothes are so pretty. I'm off to start JC tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no problem going "minimalist" as far as clothes oranything else goes. But, having my own business means I have to have a lot of crap around. Kilns, clay, glazes, etc.... But for clothes. No problem! My hubby wears eve less than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those dresses very you you’re looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:34 PM

    I love that saying with your pic. Might Nick it to put on my fridge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:22 AM

    I really like your latest house runners. Especially the texture of the fabric and quilting. Have a good weekend!
    Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at you just cranking them out! That's usually how I sew, kind of assembly line, seems to work so much faster.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful runners! I love wonky. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.