Tuesday, February 21, 2023

CARD NIGHT HERE AGAIN

 First up today is to visit a neighbour who is giving away cherry tomatoes.  I love them and free ones are the best. 

Tonight I am hosting Card Night.  Hmmm.... which means I really should do some vacuming, dusting, and .... yeah NAH.

If my friends can't bear a bit of dust and fluff on the floor, they ain't me friends.  Right?

I will endeavour to make some supper, and put out some cups and tea 'n' coffee. That will do. 😃😂😆

I better find our cards too.  They should be where I usually put them, but ya never know.

I will be working on the Fish Runners again today.  

And doing some housework... just folding up and putting away washing.  Don't want to get carried away or anything. 😉

In case you missed it last night, I had another decent loss at Weight Watchers, which I was not expecting.  I really can't understand how I can eat Taco Bell and ice cream and still lose weight?

Must be on the other days I'm incredibly good I suppose.

I lost 700 grams = 1.54 pounds, for you fullas still dealing in pounds and ounces.  lol   

That takes my loss to date (after 6 months), to 13.6 kgs or 29.98 pounds OR 2.14 stone.  My goal was always a slow and steady 2 kg loss a month, and I'm pretty much bang on target.

ABOVE:  gorgeous tomatoes from my neighbour.  So yum.
I must not over eat them... cos they are so sweet they are probably high in sugars.  Dang.

ABOVE:  August 2022.  When I re-joined Weight Watchers.

ABOVE:  February, 6 months and 13.6 kilos lighter.  Bring on the next -13!  Even if it takes another 6 months, I'm happy.

Now... off to the sewing room, I have stuff to be getting on with.

ABOVE: 2nd fish done.  I've not got much done on it this afternoon, just feeling tired today.
And now I should go back into the house and sort out supper for Card Night.  
Not that I'll need to put out much as I'm only expecting 3-4 girls.  

9.33 pm:  And that was fun.  5 of us girls playing cards tonight.  So many laughs, lots of yakking and some very yummy food.  I stuck to grapes and a cracker or two, so didn't blow it.
It always feels good when I do that.

Winding up for the day now, catch ya tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. Well done on the weight loss. Enjoy your card night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are for sure doing something right. Congrats on the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very difficult to keep losing week after week. Whatever you are doing - it's a darn good plan. You are clearly being mindful of your food intake far more than the occasional Taco Bell or ice cream splurge. Quite inspirational - really!
    Don't worry about dusting. I know your place is clean.
    I am eating a donut (thanks alot hubby) and getting snowed in.
    Might start watching some of the Oscar Nominated Films and making worry stones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:41 AM

    Well done Chris on the weight loss which is a fantastic achievement and as they say slow but sure and you will get there in the end.To a Luddite like me 1.54lbs sounds much better than 700 grams the same as 2.14 stones looks better.(Wendy in UK)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:52 AM

    Congrats on losing almost 30 lbs and thanks for the conversion as I would have had to look it up myself. Ha
    Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! you are doing fantastic with the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great loss, slow and steady. I’m stuck and not loosing anything 🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, if you are genuinely 'stuck'... go back to my post on January the 26th of this year and read it. I have some tips on how to kick start weight loss when you plateau, or get stuck. I hope it helps.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:58 AM

      well the scales were down this morning but the sugar was 7.9, no idea why

      Delete
  8. Anonymous1:21 PM

    Looking great Chris. Great legs too. Well done. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:38 PM

    Congrats!
    You are particularly inspiring because you carry your extra weight in the same places I do.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE neighbors that donate produce. My neighbor offers me some every year. I NEVER say no. Because I want her to keep sending it over! She is a much more prolific gardener than I.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome results 👏

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:52 PM

    Looking good!!! Peta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowza fantastic numbers looking lovely that’s for sure enjoy your card evening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done Chris, you are looking great. I'm so happy that you have 'got this'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous1:14 AM

    Hi Chris, you are looking very sporty now and you have a super confidant vibe - I think your approach is proving very successful, so happy for you. But I think the main difference is you seem more relaxed in yourself and at peace which I think is so important to maintain your momentum. Well done and you deserve to have a peaceful and enjoying time with Stew and family. Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking good Chris. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.