Thursday, February 02, 2023

LETS GET A FEW FINISHES SHALL WE?

 If I work really hard today, I should get a few runners finished today.

I think it's easier to do them in a 'run', like I have done over the past couple of days.  It's not something I've done before.

I usually make one from start to finish, before starting the next one.  But I think I'll be doing them in 'runs' from now on.

Yesterday I made sure I got up and moved around for about 10 minutes every hour, and that certainly helped keep my legs from swelling up too much.

I did try putting my left leg up on a little stool, under my sewing table, but nah.  It actually felt awful!  Great idea, but nope.

I'm thinking of taking the girls for a walk around lunchtime, IF it's not hot.  That will break up me day nicely.

Last night I got an email with an enrolment form for the next Korikori Market here in Rototuna.  It's not until November, but better to get in quickly as it's a popular market.

So I got that filled in and then yakked with the organiser (Sharnyn).  Nice to know I'm already getting this year's markets organised.

NOT that I'm doing too many.

From March till September I will only be doing the Tamahere Market once a month.

After that there will be a few more over next summer. 

And that's me for now, I've run outta shit to yak about.  

Catch ya later.


... 1.15 pm, and I did it.


ABOVE:  FIVE runners, done and dusted!  In 2.5 days.  That might be my best effort ever.
But OMG I'm tired.
I'm going to take a break now and just have a little nana nap. (perhaps, cos best laid plans and all that eh?)

I will make a start on Wonky House Runners later on this afternoon.

ABOVE: My first smoothie.  So much fruit in it... I can't even name it all.  And Greek Yogurt and some milk.  And it was so good!

ABOVE:  With some plants, I sure in hell don't have a green thumb.  But that one ?
When I got it, it was only hanging down past the pot by about  a metre.
NOW?
It was hanging down on the floor, so I had to drape it over the 'DINE' letters.
It's grown at least 1.5 metres in the past 8 months.
And all I do is water it once a week and tell it how clever it is.  😂😉😊

Right, it's now 8.48 pm, I've done some prep work on the next batch of runners.  Looking good for a productive day tomorrow.
Catch you then.

11 comments:

  1. Just saying "Hello".
    If you can believe it my hubby and I are trying to figure out how to sew a pair of pants. haha. What a production!! I bought a pair of handmade pants and now I want to make some. But the project is much more difficult than I anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:11 PM

    Good job on getting up once an hour and walking around for 10 mins. That should help your legs a lot. So the Tamahere Market once a month that you will attend, is each market only Arts & Crafts or is there fresh food and other items being sold? Just curious. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's food, plants, veges, flowers and crafts.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous5:26 PM

      Cool, sounds like a nice market. Your plant looks good. My daughter-in-law has one. It seems so delicate but I guess they are pretty sturdy.

      Delete
  3. We used to have lots of regular craft markets but it seems the internet has taken over. I loved wandering around and seeing what people create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. There's a fairly big market right near us that used to have a lot of great craft stalls but it's changed a lot since reopening after Covid. A lot less craft and plants and a lot more weird new age stuff (I'll probably offend someone!) . I miss the old market!

      Delete
  4. Wow is that a chain of hearts, it’s magnificent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, and it's nuts! Won't stop growing.

      Delete
    2. Mine is very slow like my string of dolphins I do have a fantastic string of beans/ bananas completely different to the other 14 I potted up at the same time

      Delete
  5. Been a crazy busy day but did get a few more boxes ticked and stuff sorted death cert to what seemed like forever. But can now close bank accounts and that sort stuff. Dad didnt have a will or power of attorney so its dumped on good old me. 10.30pm and first visit to diet coke rocks its not good enough for a daily stalker lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous runners! You're so talented. Have a great weekend ~Nicole in CA

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.