Thursday, February 09, 2023

CATS

 The first thing I have to do today is head to Spotlight for black fabric for my Cat Runners.

I will double check what else I might need so I don't have to go out again later.

I'm parking the kitchen cupboard painting till I've got the Cat Runners done.

And in fact, I might even change my mind again about it!  I know, procrastination and fickle minded me.  I'm just not 100% sure it's a good idea or not.

My motto on most things is "If in doubt, DON'T", and I am second guessing my decision on painting the kitchen cupboards.

I DON'T like the cupboards existing colour that much, but to paint them all white is a huge undertaking, and one I'm not sure I'm up to.

So don't hold ya breath waiting to see it done!

MIGHT.  NOT.  HAPPEN.

Now, sorry but I've got a bad taste 'FUNNY' that Steve told me the other night to share:

ABOVE:  yeah, you might not laugh, but I sure did.  😂😅😊
I'm not a cat lover, but OK, I'd never burn one.

And on that sick note, I'm outta here.

Got some washing to get on, then sort out a grocery list, check what I might need for the next lot of runners and go from there.

1.10 pm:  Well, I'm very happy with my morning.

I went into town to David's Emporium and got some black fabric at a good price, then Spotlight for some plain black fabric for bindings.
Then off to the Supermarket for some groceries.

Countdown at Te Rapa has so many empty shelves!  I was very surprised.
I ended up having to make a 2nd trip to Countdown in Rototuna for stuff the other shop didn't have.

After that I came home, unloaded the groceries and headed into the sewing room.

ABOVE:  It is definitely a production line in here.

ABOVE:  I put a crate in the sewing room for Coco.  To keep her from going outside and eating dirt/rocks/bark etc.  And to keep her from getting under foot.  She is VERY deaf now and doesn't move out of the way when I prompt her to move... so best to keep ME safe from tripping over her if she's in the crate.
Today she put herself in it, and I haven't even had to shut the door.  She loves being in there.  Weird dog.


ABOVE:  2.45 pm and I'm finally starting the stitching!  It sure takes a while to get to this stage when you are making 7 in a row.

6.40 pm:  And I'm ready to stop sewing ... it's been a long day.  But very productive.

Stew's at the local pub with his mates.  I might join him shortly.

9.35 pm:  And yep, I ended up at the pub with the mates.
Had a lovely few hours there and back at a friends house.  I had my diet coke and some hot chips.  So nice.  We got two big bowls full of chips for the table, so I couldn't eat them all! lol

That was my mid-week indulgence I must say.

Now... time to get my feet up, OMG they are so swollen tonight.  Horrible.

Catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:52 AM

    I am a firm believer that when one gets a hinky feeling about doing something, it is always best to step back and reexamine it all. Have fun shopping! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:29 AM

    There looks like a lot of cupboards in your kitchen so better to think carefully about whether you want to take that job on. I quite like the existing colour but half white would not be a good look if you were to run out of steam!! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coco is a good girl and probably feels safe in the crate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be quicker and easier to replace the door/ drawer fronts although much more expense

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:25 PM

    Our shelves are empty too Chris in Melbourne. No pasta, no fresh chicken, no eggs. Heard a USA correspondent on radio yesterday saying eggs in US are $9 a dozen. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays9:43 PM

    Aaww Coco getting in the crate on her very own like that,
    What a wee treasure ,
    Glad you got to go out tonight as well
    Nice to have a break away on a week night

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.