Saturday, February 18, 2023

LOOKING GOOD

 Good news.  The weather is looking good for today's market.

The car is packed and ready to go.

All we have to do is get dressed, face on, drinks sorted for the day (lots of Diet Coke) and then we can leave.

It will be interesting to see how this market goes compared to our last one, which was fantastic.

I've got a slightly different set up in my head for our stall too.  I wonder if it will help with presentation of my products?

I just wanted to make it easier for people to enter our stall, without them having to manoeuvre around a table.  I'll show you later how it looks.

Gotta get there and set up first.



...

ABOVE: Up before the sun ...  looks like totally clear skies.

ABOVE: All set up and it's only 7.30 am. Time to sit back and relax till people start to arrive.

The stall is now set up in a 'U' shape, making access easier for customers. 

And it actually gives Stew and I more room behind the racks 'n' tables.


ABOVE: Warming up in the sun. Its a crisp morning. Waiting for the day to warm up.

ABOVE:  would you believe it! That Fish Runner is already sold.  Geez now I have to make another... or 3. 😊 The lady who bought it was happy to 'pose'. ☺

Home... and enjoying a visit from Steve and the boys.  They had to come over to return our girls, who they kinda stole while we were out.
The girls had a blast over at Steve's of course.

Stew has just been and done our weekend grocery shop.  Diet Coke stocked up for the week.

MARKET:  Sales in the first couple of hours, then NOTHING.  It was incredibly slow.  Just not enough people there really.
Which is strange as it was such a lovely day.

Never mind.  We had a nice day out, had some nice people to yak with, lots of smiles and compliments on my work.  That is always lovely.

Stew and I went out to Taco Bell for dinner tonight.  Lovely as per usual.
Now... relaxing and looking forward to an early night.  We are both tired after getting up so early.  And markets are not exactly relaxing either.

11 comments:

  1. Looks amazing and yes, weather is looking good too. 🤞🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stall looks great! Have a fantadtic time 🙂. Great to hear the weather is on your side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck today. Let us know when the fish runner sells!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! It has already been sold. First one to sell today.

      Delete
  4. Have a great (and successful) day at the market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:02 AM

    Have you done birds yet? The fish one made me think of similar bird characters on a branch.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:03 AM

    Woohoo!! Congrats on selling the fish funner. That lady knew a good thing when she saw it. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great start to the day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:04 PM

    Hello :)
    Just done a marathon DCR blog catch up after being laptopless for a few weeks. I guess I could have read on my phone, but am a creature of habit and love my Saturday morning routine of cuppa, lie in, and a good read with the laptop on my knees :D
    Have to say that the pic of Marley with her rubber chicken trapped under the car wheel has tickled me....am still chuckling over the look on her face!! Also, the Fish Runner is amazing....I would buy one in a heartbeat to go on the wall for sure. Hope you start to get back to full health soon!
    Tracy, Cornwall, Uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:51 PM

    I knew that would be a winner Chris. Your work is excellent. I like the idea of birds too. You rock!! Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.