Wednesday, February 01, 2023

STRIPES

 

ABOVE:  My view for the next few days.  A sea of stripes.

And filling bobbins endlessly.  It took 5 full bobbins of thread to do just the first runner yesterday afternoon!

That's a shit load of thread.

Today I hope to get at least another couple of those runners stripes stitched up today.

It feels like a production line!

Unfortunately the only 'downside' of sewing all day is my legs swell up.  There is no way to have them up and still sew.  Bugger.

But I really do need to get more runners done, particularly the Kiwiana/Wonky House and Cats varieties.

I will laugh if I get plenty made to cover the next couple of markets, and I don't sell any of them!  😂😅😆

I have two markets this month, one in Tamahere, and one in Te Kowhai.  

ABOVE: Stew having his smoothie for 'dinner' last night.

I'm going to have one for lunch today, without BANANA.  Stew put half a banana in his last night, and when I tried his smoothie all I could taste was the banana.  Ikkkk.

Right, time to get a move on, I have jobs to get done around the house before I can get back to the sewing room.

11 am:  And I'm hard at work....


ABOVE:  But at least I have company, even if they don't yak.

ABOVE:  I've been mucking around with my stall set up.  I think I'm going to try this configuration at the next market.

Why change it?  I want people to be able to just walk straight in and out, not manoeuvre around the table that was across the front.
This way gives me slightly less room for hanging things on the gazebo walls, but oh well.... I really want to change it up, and see if 'better' access makes a difference.

I'm going to be taking a break in an hour, and have my lunch 'n' put me feet up.

HELLOOOoooooooooo.... I know it's boring on here right now... but still.  A little 'Hello' would be nice.  😖

5.40 pm and I'm done for the day.  I'm absolutely knackered again.  9 hours, less 30 minutes for lunch, in front of the sewing machine.

All 4 Kiwiana Runners are now ready for binding!

I should be able to knock that out tomorrow, I hope.

Then I can move on to the trickier, more time consuming Wonky House Runners.

Gosh I had forgotten just how tiring it is sewing all day.  I feel like I could fall asleep right now.

But I think 5.45 pm is just a bit early to be going to bed.  Dammit.

8.30 pm:  Well I'm still awake!  Kinda got a 2nd,  or is it a 3rd wind for the day.

Took Stew out to look at the new stall set up and we both agree it's worth trying at the next market.

Now it's just quiet time, I'll stay up to watch Coronation Street then head off to bed.

I missed Coro Street last night thanks to stormy weather cutting off our reception.  Never mind, I'm sure I'll get the gist of what I missed quickly enough.

Catch ya tomorrow.

Where I will bore the shit out of you all over again.  HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:59 AM

    Compression socks?
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so cool all over you studio like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:01 PM

    Hello. Hope you aren't doing too much!! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. exhausted here too 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is a long time in the sewing room. Well done to get the runners to this stage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Hi Chris, your productivity is impressive! and inspiring. So glad the market went so well! Penny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5.45 is just a tad early for bed, imagine what time you would wake up
    It sounds like you got a bit done on getting your market supplies up

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been working 10 hour days sorting flood claims for clients. Barely time to scratch me bum 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hat off to you chick, I'm sure you are doing an amazing job. Can't be easy with the huge workload you must have right now.

      Delete
  9. My legs swell up like that in the summer too, it is so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck getting your stock re-established in time for the next market.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Just about want to buy a table to have a runner on it. They are beautiful. I hope you charge what they're worth. A lot of the and materials in them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:24 PM

    G'day Chris. Your content is never boring! I love seeing what you have been up to. Wow you have been very busy, and super productive. I hope you sell out again.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.