Friday, February 17, 2023

I JUST LOVE THEM!

 Morning!

Now, as I said last night, I'm thrilled to bits with how the fish are coming out.

I'm already planning the next runner with fish, just not FOUR fish on each one.

ABOVE:  See?   How gorgeous is that Angler Fish?
He's the blue/green one, if you don't know what an Angler Fish is.  The yellow one is OK too, but I really LOVE the Angler.

Today I will do the other two fish, then get the runner finished.
It means ... (Felicity), I will be working all morning and might not be back to update till lunchtime.  OK?  😂😊😉

Looking at the weather ... it's a bit iffy.  But I'm hoping it's not too bad tomorrow.  It's supposed to be 'light rain'.  😠😣  We can't seem to catch a break from the never ending bloody rain.
Let's just cross everything and hope it doesn't eventuate. 

Back to today, I shall do the usual housework, then head into the sewing room to get on with that Runner.


11.40 am:  And it's done.  Yay, another cutie to take to market tomorrow.


ABOVE:  I hope it sells!  And now, I'm taking a well earned break from sewing for a while.  I've made 18 runners in 17 days.  That's pretty good going if ya ask me.

Time to make some lunch, I'm having baked cauliflower with Parmesan cheese on top.  Should be rather yum.  Stew is getting the same for his dinner.

4.55 pm:  Sorry Dogstars, I ate it before I got your comment.
But really, it's just cauliflower pieces coated in a mix of:
Olive oil, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Parmesan cheese, then baked in the oven.  Very simple, and very nice.

ABOVE:  There ya go.  Bake in an oven for about 30-40 minutes, then sprinkle more cheese on the top before serving.

Whoops!  I forgot to take a photo of Stew's Baked Cauliflower too.
Oh well... it's not really that pretty.

I have spent a couple of hours this evening tidying up my photos on my phone.  I deleted about 20,000!  They were just sitting in Google Images taking up room.
Any that were 'important' I kept, or they are on the blog, so preserved for all time anyway.

Now... almost time to head off to bed, as we have an early start tomorrow.
THE WEATHER is looking good!
Well... at least according to the weather forecast.

Time will tell.

Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. I saw a news video of flooding and destruction in New Zealand. How awful!
    The outlining makes those fish POP! So cool....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:09 AM

    The fish runner is fantastic. Stay safe in all that weather

    Mary in Tassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this one (and many that you make) should not be called 'runners' - they are wall hangings. They are way too clever to put on a table and cover up. I would be selling them with dowel and decorative cord or similar for hanging. They would be great on a child's bedroom wall etc. Perhaps you could sell these with the offer of additional way to hang? Maybe make some with tabs on or however you think best to hang them. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. They are too cool.

      Delete
    2. A lot of my 'runners' are used as wall hangings so I'm told. I don't want to add hanging tabs or the like, because that could then 'define' their use. If people want to hang them it is very easy to add some hanging loops themselves. I do see the fish runner being hung on a wall.

      Delete
    3. I suppose what I mean is if you had one ready for hanging as a display item then you could offer to do that for any of the runners. They could leave it with you, you put the tabs on and they collect. A proper way of hanging would look very attractive I think :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE the fish runners but a wall hanging would be wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it's not too late - I would love to see a pic of this cauliflower conncoction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fish runner

    ReplyDelete
  7. The runner is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.