Wednesday, February 15, 2023

THIS ISN'T FUN

 Good morning, OR should I say night?

It's 2.30 am and I'm sitting in the lounge wishing I felt well.

But I don't.  I've got terrible reflux.  Cos I ate too much last night.  Well, it's still 'last night' right now.

So, I am sitting upright, trying not to vomit.  I feel terrible.  Serve me right.

AND, even worse, I think the UTI is coming back!

If it is, I'm off to the Doctor first thing in the morning, once the Dr's opens again.

Meh... over bitching.

I'm gunna finish the last two Cat Runners today.

ABOVE: Then I am going to get back to that Fish Runner I started a couple of weeks ago.

That might get finished by Saturday, if I'm lucky.  But maybe not, as it's the first one of that style.   It will take more time to suss out how to do the fish effectively. 

So, that's me day sorted.  Well, all going well it is.  Maybe I'll be at the Doctors instead?

I think Stew is going back to work ... as there really is no danger in Hamilton from the storm that was going through on Monday/Tuesday.


10.18 am. Been to the Dr. I went to one in town where you can see the Dr and not pay Urgent fees ($80!). In fact I only had to pay $19.50 which is amazing. AND I only had to wait 45 minutes. I'm now on a new antibiotic for 10 days..  hopefully that works. 
I got next to no sleep so when I get home I'm gunna have a nap.
At the chemist waiting for my prescription now. Will be half an hour, hence I have time to blog. 🤣😊

11.15 am:  Home.  And so happy I remembered that the Tui Medical in town takes 'walk ins' and doesn't charge for Urgent treatment!  AND they gave me a repeat on ALL my medications and sent the prescription to The Chemist Warehouse, where all prescriptions are FREE.
Today I spent $19.50 to see the Dr and get my pills.
I SAVED $95 !  That is HUGE.
The only, and I say it lightly, the only drawback of going to Tui in town is they are only open Mon - Fri, 9-12 and 1-4.  But hey, I'd rather go there than the usual place if I can.

As for my reflux. I only get it if I overeat at dinnertime, or have something like ice cream and chocolate sauce before bed.
So simple solution... DON'T OVEREAT in the evening.
I've not had reflux in MONTHS... so might just behave myself in future.  Even Stew regretted having the ice cream.

I just had a fruit smoothie using Greek Yogurt.  Having yogurt should help me avoid getting any other problems associated with taking antibiotics for over 2 weeks... like Thrush.  OMG the last thing I want next is bloody thrush.

And now my peeps, I'm going to lie down and try to take a nap.  I am so damn tired!

4.15 pm:  Oh my, that nap was just the ticket.   I woke up feeling quite a bit better.  Well not in the piddle department, but certainly not as tired.

Straight into the sewing room I went, and I got the last two Cat Runners finished.
Then I did a big clean up in the sewing room, which I tend to do after a big 'run' of projects.

Now I am going to have a look at the  Fish Runner.  Sort out fabrics to use, cos looking at the above photo shows me there's too much of the same colours for the fish. 

End of day:  Just took my 1st new antibiotic.  9 to go over 9 days.
Feeling exhausted, UTI's sure take it outta you.
Let's hope tomorrow is a better day.

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:28 AM

    I wonder what’s up. I have never heard you up in the middle of the night with tummy woes before. And I am certain you must of overeaten once or twice in the last 13 years I’ve been reading. The UTI meds could cause tummy problems but I assume you are done with those by now. I hope it goes away quickly and you can get back to bed!
    I can’t wait to see the fish!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer ... hopefully you can get yourself sorted early. I'm going back to work 😃 yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:15 AM

    Chris, this is Magpie from Australia, do you have any bicarb in your pantry, take 1 teaspoon in water and you will get rid of the reflux.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better than most over counter reflux cures

      Delete
  4. Hope you're feeling better soon. Reflux is bad enough, but coupled with a UTI sounds miserable.
    I'm going to love the fish runners. Can already tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I sure know that feeling of being up with reflux! Mine got extremely bad a few months ago and I was scared to eat anything. I'd be up every night! I have a hiatus hernia causing mine and have since upped my medication and it's gone except for (like you) if I eat dessert at night or too much food. Last week I had a gastroscopy to check down my throat and stomach again. This might be a good idea for you perhaps to check all is well there? I hope the UTI gets sorted, it's awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:56 AM

      I used to have exactly the same symptoms with a hiatus hernia. Three years ago I had it repaired. What a new lease of life-no reflux, able to bend over, do the housework and gardening as well. Helen in France.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous10:41 AM

    Sorry you are sick. I've been ill with stomach issues since Sunday 4 a.m. but feel better today. I hope you get to feeling better sooner than later. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:44 AM

    Thinking of you and yours. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! You still have a UTI? Did you pee in a cup to verify?
    Another round of antibiotics. BLEH!
    Hope you don't get a yeast infection next.
    I am so sorry. That is NO FUN!
    Back home and trying to catch up on emails, orders, watering plants, petting the dog, etc.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:30 AM

    You poor thing, that sounds awful. I wish we had a doctors like that near me. I feel like it’s so hard to get in to see someone nowadays and even harder to find a decent doctor. Weather sounds scary over there. Hope you and all the family are safe x Nic (Running GIRL)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hate to tell you this but....antibiotics kill all the bad and good stuff in your body, that includes the nether regions, hope no yeast infection adds to your troubles.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris on the rare occasion that I have to take antibiotics I also take Inner Health Plus probiotics. Works for me to prevent the dreaded thrush. Cheers Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:11 PM

    Bloody hell we are getting ripped off in Australia. Nearly $100 to see a Dr, not much back on medicare, no walk in places around my area and always pay for prescriptions. Not many place bulk bill anymore and we have a doctor shortage

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came to check on you after the Cyclone. Now I'm worried about you and not from the storm! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Take care of yourself and i hope the new meds work perfectly and you're feeling 100% again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon. Glad the cyclone wasn't too bad for you. Hurry up and get well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.