Tuesday, January 31, 2023

RUNNERS

 Today I am putting the new 'Fish Runner' aside for now.  

It requires HEAPS of work before it is likely to be finished, and after yesterday's market, I REALLY NEED to make some of the most popular runners asap.

I still cannot get over how many runners we sold!

Usually I sell 2-3 runners at each market, sometimes none!

Yesterday we sold 10.  I've never sold that many in one market before.

I have ONE Kiwiana runner left, so those are top of my list.

Next will be Hanging Cats and Wonky House Runners.  I only have two of each of those types left.

Once I've got a few made of each of those types, I will get back to the Fish Runner.

ABOVE:  An almost empty runner rack from yesterday!  That was scary to see, but thrilling as well.

We had SO MANY lovely, positive comments about our products from people yesterday.  It really made getting up so early, and braving a possible wet day worth it.

By the way, it didn't rain at all, after all the dire forecasts.  We only had a few very light spits early in the morning, and nothing got wet.

Talking of the goddam weather... it's supposed to pelt down again, especially in Auckland, Northland and the Coromandel over the next few days.


ABOVE: Those poor buggers!  The land is already ultra saturated, there's been so much flooding and slips, road closures and so on... and they are going to be getting more rain. 

ABOVE:  Kopu/Hikuai Road.  This is one of the two main roads heading up the Coromandel Peninsula from Auckland and the Waikato.  It's going to be closed for months by the look of it.  Particularly as there will be more damage done over the next few days for sure.

We are very lucky here in Hamilton that we've not had much damage from all the rain.  Fingers crossed that stays the same.

And that's about it from me for now.  I'm off to set up the sewing room for heaps of production!



ABOVE:  Well... I'm making good progress on getting some Kiwiana runners ready for sewing.

ABOVE:  It doesn't happen very often, but I've run outta pins!
So I might take a quick trip to Spotlight and get a few hundred more!  And more thread for stitching all those runners.  

1 pm:  Right, back from Spotlight.  I got 500 more pins, that should do me.
Just had lunch, and watching something I recorded last night, then I'll be back in the sewing room.

6.20 pm:  And yep, I've been in the sewing room ALL DAY.  It's been lovely sewing again, after a few weeks 'off'.
Stew is home now, so I've reluctantly stopped to spend the evening with him.
Gone are the days when I'd keep on sewing or crafting till after midnight.

And that's a wrap on my day.  I hope your's has been a good one too.

13 comments:

  1. Whoa! That road!
    I think the sea runners would be fabulous - you can certainly simplify the fishes. The ones you were working on are AMAZING but look hard as .......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:11 AM

    Perhaps you should try and pace yourself at a couple of hours at a time or you will end up with a very bad back. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn’t the weather shocking. There has been so much flooding recently including last night Sydney copping it again last night
    How is your body after your fall yesterday?
    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:45 AM

    Congrats on the awesome day at the Market! That picture of the road washed out really hammers home the damage that is happening from the torrential rains. I am glad you all are safe and I hope your extended family is as well. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:41 PM

    I am so glad you had good outcome at the markets - but your runners are beautiful colours and very attractive. Thats a crapload of rain your country is getting its insane. Hopefully you continue not to get the brunt of the rain where you guys are. Maria (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great news about the sales... especially because you were going to cancel that market! I think the Kiwiana ones are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:12 PM

    10 runners, that's awesome! Did you sell any Ucki's?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:44 PM

    The rain sounds crazy over there. Glad you aren’t flooding! Good work on all your sales. I got excited when I read the title of runners, thought you’d come over to the dark side lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:45 PM

    Forgot my name and think it will come up anonymous but I’m sure you can work out who it was! The one who loves to run 🤪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes..... I twigged it was you NIC ...LOL

      Delete
  10. Wowza 10 that’s FAB hope your body isn’t too sore from market falling and then sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Wow that's an awesome result at market. Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.