Sunday, January 08, 2023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING

ABOVE:   HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING.  It is Stew's birthday today.  He's 62. 

I'm going to pop down to the supermarket this morning and get him a Birthday cake.  We are expecting some family at lunchtime to help him blow out the candles. 

As for dinner, I have booked us a table at Lonestar for this evening.  Just the two of us I think.  

I was in me dressing room/wardrobe yesterday morning and was like... just not happy with it.

The full length, free standing mirror was over by the door and annoyed me there.

So I started moving shit around.

Then we went up to Auckland and I had to stop part way. 

I got back to it once we arrived home.

ABOVE:  All I had to move was the two dressers and the mirror.

Both those dressers weigh a tonne!   But I did it...

ABOVE:  Upper photo is the BEFORE, lower photo is AFTER.  
Once I'd moved the furniture and mirror, I proceeded to sort out ALL ME CLOTHES.
All the long things, dresses, coats etc are now in the actual wardrobe in the room, and everything else is hanging along the wall.
It's neat how I can adjust the shelving and rails to suit how I want to use them.

I only found three things that I want to gift away (for now anyway).  I will take them to my WW meeting on Monday or Friday, and see if anyone wants them.

I'm sure in a few more months I will have more.

Still waiting for Summer to really hit here.  When it does, OMG, it's gunna be humid as hell.

We have not had to install the soaker hoses in the gardens yet.

It was top of my 'to do' list after getting the fence/gate up, but it's just not been needed yet.  

Once the summer rains piss off, I bet we have a drought!  That would be rather typical.


Right, enough on that.  Time to get moving, get some washing on, tidy the house, tend the pool, shower, dress and go to the supermarket a bit later on.
Looking forward to a lovely, family filled day.


...  And 90% of the prep is done.

Groceries bought.  Pool done.  Washing done.  House tidy.  Feet up for a little while.


ABOVE:  Three little boys, all in the same shade of red.  Funny.


ABOVE:  Out of hiding.  Amanda and Maitland.


ABOVE:  Happy Birthday cake.... a very rich chocolate one.

Half has gone home with Amanda and Bex.


ABOVE:  Another birthday done and dusted.

Next one will be next month.

It's gone quiet here now... might need to have a nap.  Or work on my jig saw.

Well I did some more of the jig saw late this afternoon, before Stew and I went to Lone Star for dinner.

Stew got a steak.  It was rather small... but overall his meal was OK.

Mine?  I ordered my favourite Lasso of Hog.

Sadly, it was so dry and stringy I couldn't eat it.   The waitress came over to ask how our meals were and I told her I wasn't going to eat mine as it was too dry.

So she took it away.  As Stew was over half way through his dinner, I didn't bother ordering anything else, and came home having had no dinner.

Not a problem really, I can always get something out of the fridge or pantry.

Just sad it wasn't good.  At least they didn't charge me for it, and gave Stew his drink for free too.

Now we are just chilling watching mindless TV until bedtime.

Catch ya tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:47 AM

    Happy Birthday to Stew! Enjoy the day with the family!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Stew hope you have a lovely day
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. A happy birthday and many many happy returns Stew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Stew! Hope you have a great day with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Stew, have wonderful family day and dinner out tonight. Regarding that wardrobe? Clearly I don't shop enough! My entire wardrobe of clothes is less than a metre long. I just find it so hard to find anything that suits me or that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:25 AM

    Happy Birthday Stew! enjoy your day....it is also my sisters birthday today, she turns 80! more than 12 years older than me.... she looks years younger than her age ....lucky her... Chris your dressing room looks great....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Dad
    Love you 💜💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your lovely Stew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Stew, have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Stew sorry i had forgotten until i logged on to blog usually rember your birthday not cause im stalking but cause its mine tomorrow. Gosh havnt been to lonestar in forever

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday, Stew. He is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Stew. Looks like a lovely day with the family 🎂🎁

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:55 PM

    Happy Birthday Stew.. tomorrow marks 17 years since I started working with you. And I am so fortunate to still have you and Chris in my life. Big hug Birthday boy. Luv Scotty X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5:28 PM

    Happy Birthday Stew, I hope you had a great day with your family, enjoy your dinner tonight too. Magpie (Maggie Melbourne Au.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday! Fun to see everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous7:13 PM

    Happy birthday Stew!🎂🍺

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to Stew 🥳🎂🍺.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Belated Birthday Stew!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.