Wednesday, January 11, 2023

POOL?

 Last night, when Stew got home from work, we decided the pool wasn't settled enough for him to start the vacuum and pump out some of the calcium.

It had been blowing and raining on and off all day, keeping the water turbulent.

So we haven't been able to start the de-calcification process.  Most frustrating.  And the weather is not looking too flash for the next few days either.   I suppose it's lucky that it's not warm enough for swimming right now, we are not missing out.

I don't have any firm plans today.  I won't commit to anything till I'm up and moving.  Cos right now, I'm still in bed and plan on staying here for another hour at least!  Maybe longer.

I like to lie in bed and read the news, check out Instagram, YouTube and Facebook.  All time wasting activities, but ones that ya get hooked into!  And of course, do me blog.

So, until later.... 


8.55 am:  We have had rain all night long.  Non stop, and it's still raining.

Our pool...

ABOVE:  Overflowing.  And crystal clear.  But not quite enough with the rain on top to show the calcium on the bottom.  Feeling very positive about it though... we will get it out.

I've done all me morning jobs, and now might just work on my newest jig saw.

2.49 pm:   I'm in the sewing room.  Making a LOVIE... and the girls are out the front.  And for the first time EVER, Marley sees a person walking their dog past our gate, and runs over and says 'Hello' to the dog WITHOUT barking like a banshee!!!
PROGRESS.  So good.

9.10 pm:  I made 3 more LOVIES this afternoon:

ABOVE:  I now have 5 ready for market.  So I'm happy.  There is another pink one cut out, so I'll probably sew her up tomorrow and be done with LOVIES for a while.

Stew got home and we had takeaways for dinner.  I felt like a day off cooking.
Before dinner Stew vacuumed the pool, and we topped it back up, as it drains quite a bit of water doing that.
We will do it again in a couple of days, once the water has settled again.

And that's me for today.  I'm ready to just chill out and watch my favourite TV programmes.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:18 AM

    I'm glad you all figured out the pool issue. I've never had a pool but understand how frustrating it has been for you. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:01 PM

    I wish our neighbor’s two dogs would mellow out, they drive the whole street crazy. I really like your fence, I can see how handy it would be. (We get too much snow and ice for that to work.)

    I think your lovies are darling.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:42 PM

    I do love the Lovies. So cute
    Hope you can Get the pool sorted and enjoy it when summer comes back. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.