Saturday, January 21, 2023

MARKET DAY

 5.50 am:  Up bright and early, getting ourselves ready to head off soon.

It's a bit chilly out.  But we are expecting a stellar day, unlike the previous two markets at Tamahere.

I'm really looking forward to today's market.  Knowing it is going to be good weather makes such a difference to the mood.

Bex is going to pop over to our house this morning, to get the girls and take them back to her house for a play date.  That way they are not home alone all day.  Our girls just love company. 

Once we are set up at the market, I plan on going around and taking a few photos for you, not just of our stall today. 


...

ABOVE: Ready for the day.








ABOVE: Just a few of the other stalls here.
Lots of different things. 
It's now 8.50 am and still very quiet.  But the weather is just lovely. 

ABOVE: Spending money ... instead of making it! 
WHOOPS.

2.15 pm:   Home. It was a beautiful day, but SLOW as FUCK.  Sales were the worst I've ever encountered.   But everyone said the same thing, January is always a slow month.
I didn't mind too much, but next time we are going to take cushions for our chairs!  Sore butts .... like ouchy.

I'm hoping that our next market, on Monday the 30th of January is better.

Stew has gone down to the supermarket to do his usual Saturday shop, then he's getting out into the garden to weed 'n' mow the lawns.

I'm doing nothing.  I'm knackered.

Steve, Bex 'n' the boys just arrived to return the girls, and have a swim.
So, I will get off here and be sociable.

I'm sitting there with me feet up, and Steve gets up and say's, what is that noise?
Goes into the kitchen and yells "Shit you've got a big leak!"
He yells at me to grab some towels while he runs outside to turn the water off...
So I get up and go into the kitchen, half doubting him, but there is some water on the floor.   
I open the cupboard ...

ABOVE:  And yes, I do have a big leek!  Little shit.

Just had a swim with the kids, so nice.  Great way to cool down after a hot day at market.
The kids have gone home now, so...

Stew has gone outside to get the lawns and weeding done.  Me?  Gunna be totally lazy and just sit here.
Dinner is already sorted, Chicken and rice that we didn't eat last night.

9.10 pm:  Dinner, well I ended up having some as it was a long time since breakfast! And I don't usually have breakfast, but when you have a very early start, ya get hungry!
Now, I'm watching TV till bedtime.  Which won't be much longer cos I'm bloody tired.

12 comments:

  1. Good Luck today! Wondering why Bex won't be there with her fun goods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shes not applied for the Tamahere Market yet. It is very hard to get into.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:24 AM

    Looks great!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:35 AM

    Those rabbits are much bigger than I thought. Stall looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a big variety of products at the market

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have a booth of rocks with googly eyes? People buy that? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Steve is such a goof!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, Steve is hilarious 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve you are a nutter...I'm sure the boys had a good laugh at there grandma expense. Been a lovely cool day here the heat is so exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh just live your Steve. That is the funniest ever!
    There is so much talent at that market. Incredible kiwi women!! Hope you all make loads next time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:23 AM

    Steve is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:53 PM

    Geez I can imagine Steve doing that.Smart arse! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.