Thursday, January 12, 2023

POOL AND LOVIES... HIT REPEAT

 

ABOVE:  Stew doing the pool vacuuming last night.  I feel like we got a good amount of the calcium out ... but we won't really know until the sediment settles again.

Meanwhile, I will go out today and buy LIQUID Chlorine.  Then we will never have the calcium problem again.

When I get home I am going to make that last, pink LOVIE.

And then I want to go through all my runners and take out all the Christmas ones.  There is no point us taking them to market again till around October.

Our next market is on the 21st of January, and another on the 30th.  I'm praying like mad that the summer tropical storms are over by then!

I can't bear the thought of yet another wet market day.  Our last two were a bloody disaster weather wise.

One good job I got done the other day was to clean my washing machine.  It was starting to smell ikky, and leave some residue on the cleaned clothes.  So we bought a bottle of washing machine cleaner, something I've never used before.  And OMG it worked so well.  Very impressed.

So, if ya washing machine is a bit smelly, I highly recommend using a product specifically for cleaning ya machine.  We just got that one from the supermarket. (ABOVE)

And that's me for now... I'll catch ya later.


While at the Pool Shop the other day, I got talked into buying a bottle of 'Floc', to help settle the calcium to the bottom of the pool faster.
I didn't want to buy it, but was more or less told it was NECESSARY.  

I was told not to run it through our filter or it would ruin the sand, and we'd have to replace that as well.  Hmmm... so if you put it in your pool to resolve the calcium issue, but it's going to bugger up your filter??? She said to run the water out to 'WASTE', and it wouldn't get into the filter. 
(Really?   Like I'm not going to drain the entire pool of that shit am I?  Some must stay in the pool)
 
So after some lengthy 'persuasion', I bought it.  It was $78.

Then when I got home I realised that the calcium was settling ALL ON IT'S OWN, thank you very much.
So this morning I took it back.  The lady was very nice about it.  
I exchanged it for liquid Chlorine, so not a total waste of time.

But seriously, I'm now feeling like ya can't trust anyone who tries to push products on you that you really DON'T NEED.  We have had over two months of that with Para Rubber.
I am not going to get sucked into getting another damn chemical we don't need, that's for sure.  The 'Floc' was the last straw.

And why have you had to read all that shit?
Cos I don't want to forget.  This blog is like my daily diary, and everything gets put on it.
You just have to suffer through my daily crap.  Or bugger off.  Rather simple.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‹

Now I have a REALLY BIG container full of liquid chlorine in me car's boot.  I think Stew can get that out when he gets home.  It's 20 litres, so should get us through the rest of the summer.

And now... I'm gunna sew.  

AUDREY:  The liquid chlorine does not have UNDISSOLVED powdered CALCIUM in it, and that is the problem with the Granulated Chlorine we bought.  Just sayin'.

I worked on my jig saw for a good deal of the afternoon.  Then I made a meat loaf for our dinner.
Dinner was Meat Loaf, Smashed potato and lettuce salad.
Very nice, though the meat loaf is repeating on me, so maybe not so nice.

A quiet evening ahead, just watching the telly.
Catch ya tomorrow.


STILL RAINING!

14 comments:

  1. Ohhh I need that product for a couple of work washing machines…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:31 AM

    My husband scrubs the inside of ours with a white magic type sponge every once in a while, but I did not know about cleaner. Thank you.

    I very much enjoy your daily notes. I think it is how most women learn very practical things, from each other.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:54 AM

    If you use too much liquid chlorine you will end up with calcium build up as well. Just a thought. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:08 AM

    I have been looking at new washing machines to buy, we have a front loader and have cleaned out the rubber seal many times, but probably not as much at first and it is stained, then when I looked into the machine more, like at the washing powder/liquid dispenser I could see mould going down the tube and under the dispenser etc, etc, and when we do loads I had noticed a smell even though it is not in the washing bowl itself ...apparently it is not good for our health...it is also annoying, I will be doing a lot more cleaning maintenance on which ever new machine we buy...we are thinking of a Miele....does anyone have an opinion on those machines? Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:27 PM

      Using liquid soap and conditioner causes a build up of smelly gunk. My front loader of 27 years has never had a problem as I have always used washing powder.

      Delete
    2. I have used powder only for YEARS. I recently bought some liquid detergent to try. I don not use conditioner at all.

      Delete
  5. I enjoy every word. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:19 PM

    My daughter had a front load that was included with a furnished apartment several years ago. Mold was a huge problem. It is so hard to clean that rim area in particular. None of us will ever have a front load again.

    I think a major issue with any machine is the lid must be left open so it can air dry. That is easy to do with a top load.

    But depending on where it is located, it can be difficult to leave the door open 100% of the time, with a front load, when it is not running.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learn so much from your daily crap. Don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:50 PM

    For Peta, bought my second Miele front loader in 18 years recently. Have had different brands over last 40 years but Miele definitely the best. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might try the washer cleaner. I have seen it - but never used it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Oh sorry Chris, another reply for PETA. The Miele rep said if considering a Miele front loader to steer clear of the machines that automatically dispense detergent/softener. He said they have had nothing but trouble with them. So DIY detergent

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kiwionholidays6:04 PM

    Lovely pics n all the last few days n sorry to hear you are having para pool issues,
    Hopefully now you’re on the home run with it and the weather plays nice soon for you to enjoy it,

    Thanks heaps for the heads up on the Dettol cleaner,πŸ₯

    Got a F&P top loader so have it on my coles list for tomorrow,,

    Love sunny day where we are today,,,with a nice sea breeze to add to it, so enjoying some well deserved R&R, (That’s rest n relaxin ) not RocknRoll,,lol
    That was our parents era πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ’―

    Hope all the Harvey crew are going well,

    Take care
    Catchup soon πŸƒ‍♀️πŸƒ‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish that washing machine cleaner was available in Canada. The products available here are not very good and are difficult to find. Why who the heck knows. There is an indicator on my machine so it get cleaned about every two months. Glad to hear you got the pool issue under control. Happy swimming!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.