Tuesday, January 17, 2023

THIS MADE ME LAUGH

 I saw this on Facebook and just had to share:










This used to be my life some days.  

Not anymore.  Taking care of Stew and I now.

This morning I am going to make some Rice Paper Spring Rolls for my lunch.  I'm really looking forward to them too.

There is a cafe in town called Saigon Noon, that is where I first tried them.  SO YUM!  But quite expensive, so making my own will be a much better option.  AND I can put everything I love in them, certainly NOT Avocado!

That is ikky shit!  Stew loves it, but I just don't get it.  Slimy, eewww.


When I got up this morning .... I decided I just could not live with the mini tramp being in the family room:
 
ABOVE:  It just did not look 'right' there, well for my brain anyway.  

So, I have spent 2 hours juggling a few things around so I could move it from there and put it in the sunroom.

ABOVE:  Of course putting it down there necessitated me moving the brown ottoman, which moved up to beside the couch.  That worked.
But then, I had the plant trolley to move somewhere else right?  😓😒😏

ABOVE:  The small coffee table that was between our chairs went into the lounge, and I put the larger trolley there instead.  That worked.
But then, where to put all the plants?

ABOVE: Well some went here...

ABOVE:  And some went here.
That worked.

And then I moved a few ornaments around, cos well... I was in the friggin move shit around mood eh?

AND, I've still not made me bed!

And now I'm tired and a bit grumpy, and don't feel like making Rice Paper Rolls for lunch at all.
I will make them for dinner instead.

Right now, I'm gunna stop fluffing around the damn house and just sit still.  Later, I might make me bed.  Maybe.

2.18 pm:  The beds still not made.
Instead, I did this:

ABOVE: Prep for the Rolls.  It's not arduous at all.
And luckily we have heaps of fresh mint growing, cos that's the magic ingredient.  It makes them taste so FRESH.
I love mint btw.
Lettuce, Carrot, Cucumber, Capsicum, Vermicelli, Mint leaves, Ham and Shrimps.

ABOVE: Plenty for dinner.  I will have some home made wedges on the side as well... cos some carbs are necessary for a main meal.
I am going to serve the rolls with Hoisin Sauce.  Stew will probably have Chilli sauce too.  (pulling an ikkk face)

Bex has brought the boys around for a swim, and she's in as well edit:  only her feet got in!  Too cold for her.  
I'm just going to sit here and relax again.  The rolls only took about an hour to make, but standing at the bench for that long kills my lower back. 

3.45 pm:  All is quiet again.  Family has gone home.  Just thinking about working on me jig saw now.

9.30 pm:  Our dinner was really, really YUM.  The Rice Paper Rolls were exactly as I expected.  Wedges an added bonus. 
Now... waiting to watch Coronation Street, then off to bed. 
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Take pics of the Spring Roll process. I have never made them - but I LOVE them. What will you put in yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:56 AM

    Didn't you make Spring Rolls once before and they were successful. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did. And yes, they were lovely, so I'm looking forward to making them again later on today. You often forget different things you have made over the years. Like Sushi. Not making that again, way too annoying.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous12:44 PM

      I remembered you making them because I was so impressed I made them too but they were a bit too fiddly for me, like sushi - my husband wasn't too keen either so I haven't made them since. Audrey

      Delete
    3. Anonymous12:45 PM

      Stew must think he comes home to a different house each time you are in the mood to shift things around, lol. Audrey

      Delete
    4. He's totally used to it! Lucky for him I can't move our bed.... well I could but it wouldn't look right. lol

      Delete
  3. HAHA, I did not think the tramp would stay there long. Have you used it? Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I use it. Yes it is great! You get tired really fast bouncing though, so for now I do it in short bursts.

      Delete
  4. That Facebook post is adapted from a great comedian - Masood Boomgaard. He is so funny! https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmzFz9ODk7U/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those rolls look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:28 PM

    Howdy stranger, I’ve been a slack tart. The lead up to Christmas was chaotic and since then I’ve been trying to limit online time. Still have a quick read every day and realised it was so slack of me not to comment. You are so right mint is the magic ingredient. Wish I had some growing but I definitely don’t have a green thumb. Well done on your weight loss. I’ve been eating far too much crap and need to stop that! Nic (Running GIRL) still can’t log in properly to comment!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.