Monday, January 02, 2023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA

 

ABOVE:  And the birthdays start all over again.  First up... Amanda.  She is 44 today.  Making her exactly 20 years and two months younger than me.  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA, we hope you are having an awesome birthday.

I ventured into the sewing room yesterday and made a start on a little project.

ABOVE:  I love doing little projects that use up heaps of my scraps of fabric.  Some of that fabric is over 10 years old.  But, there's nothing wrong with it.  

Any guesses what I'm making?  And no, it's not a cot quilt.

*Reminder to self*... go to Spotlight for other supplies necessary for the above projects.

ABOVE: We got these vege plants yesterday at Mitre 10.   And had planned on planting them last night, but by the time we got home from the movies we didn't feel like it.

So, first thing this morning they are going in the vege pods.

And we will also plant out my succulents.

I also hope we get time to set up our soaker hoses in the gardens too.

That should take up a nice chunk of this morning.  After that, who knows what we will get up to?

Everything is tickety boo inside and outside our home now.  No major jobs await Stew.  *snort*

I'm sure he's thrilled to bits about that.


11.30 am, well after getting up AFTER 9!... we got stuck into our jobs.
I went to Spotlight and bought what I needed.
Stew is out in the garden putting the soaker hoses down.
And I'm making a big Potato Salad for dinner.

Once that is done I shall join Stew in the garden and 'direct' where he shall put my succulents.

After that it will probably be time to stop and have a late lunch.

ABOVE:  Salad done... enough to feed a few coming for dinner this evening.

ABOVE: Stew staking up that flower.... so it can bloom and not fall over.  I think it's a gladioli?  I'd love to get more of them in differing colours one day.


ABOVE:  This front part of the garden now has heaps more succulents in it... and it's penned off so Coco doesn't dig them all up.  Or worse, continue eating the dirt!

Yep.  She's started eating dirt.
I don't think she's lacking anything in her diet, so maybe she's just bored? Or stressed. 
Perhaps being out the front yard is stressful for her?
I'm sure she will settle down.
Either way, she can't get into that garden now.

8.05 pm:  another lovely day done and dusted.
Family here for dinner, followed by FruJu iceblocks.  So nice.
Time to sign off for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Your herbs look healthy and delicious. Do you have success keeping them alive? Mine always get all weird and lanky and never last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:36 AM

    Happy B-day to Amanda. Love her skirt!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda-Alison OBeirne9:06 AM

    Thank you mum 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Amanda #twinning 🎂 🥳 🎉
    #Lacy💜💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Don't forget succulents don't like a lot of water. In hot sub maybe once a week but in winter only when they are dry. Too much water makes their roots rot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:58 PM

    Your potato salad looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Chris it is a gladioli and the bulbs grow beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:52 PM

    Are you making table placemats for children's table? or chair cushions for children's table? I wonder why Cocco is eating dirt only now? must be like you said anxious about the new area with the new fence out the front? Your gladioli looks superb - any ones I have had in the past as soon as there's heaps of flowers on it starts sagging might have to try staking it like you mentioned. I just thought I mine where lacking something and that's why they were falling over. Maria (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:30 PM

    Definitely a gladioli. I stake mine to stop them from falling over. Helen in France.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:42 PM

    Chris you are too young to have a 44 year old. Just realised my oldest turns 44 this July! Where did those years go? Belated Happy New Year.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:42 PM

    I am not Anon, sorry I'm Trish from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:01 PM

    I love the gladiolus. My dad used to grow them for flower shows. They come in amazing colours.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.