Tuesday, January 10, 2023

IT WAS LOVELY

 The coleslaw I made yesterday WAS YUM!

Not exactly the same as Lone Star's, but just as nice.

ABOVE:  What I used:

1/4 cabbage, finely sliced and diced.  Could have used red cabbage too, but didn't think of it at the time.

1 Grated Carrot.

1 X Fresh corn from the cob, cooked first.

A handful of blanched Broccoli, chopped up finely.

1 heaped Tablespoon of chopped mint, and 1 heaped Tablespoon chopped parsley.

About  1/2 cup of both seed toppers (combined, shown below).

ABOVE:  I just love these seed toppers.  I like to add them to most of my salads now.

ABOVE: Combine all ingredients, then pour some of this dressing, or whatever YOU like on top and mix in.

Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.

Oh look... I just became a cooking blog!

Yeah Nah.  Imagine having to come up with something new every day!  Fook that.

So today... I'm going to pick up our water blaster.  It's been in getting repaired since mid December.  The repairs were under warranty, so that's a relief.

I can't wait to clean our paths and the house eaves.  Both desperately need it.


 

ABOVE:  A quick video showing the white sediment in the bottom of the pool.  I will use this to show the pool professionals today.  Hopefully they will know why this happened, and how to stop it happening again.


I took two samples of our pool water out with me this morning.  Overnight the white sediment had settled on the bottom of both containers of water.   It was THICK.

First stop was The Pool Shop in Flagstaff.
She looked at my sample and nearly had a fit!
Tested it.
Came back extremely HIGH in CALCIUM.

Seems the Granulated Chlorine I've been using, which I bought at the beginning of this season, is heavily padded out with CALCIUM.  It is a cheap import from China. And I got it from PARA RUBBER.

They are selling a very inferior product to unsuspecting people like me... then when the pool goes cloudy because of the heavy build up of CALCIUM, which stays in the water... they say it's PHOSPHATES, and sell you HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS worth of Phosphate remover.  

I am beyond livid.  And I damn well cried in the Pool Shop when I found out.

The Pool Shop lady has told me it will take us a couple of weeks to slowly vacuum the pool repeatedly (to waste, not through the filter) to get rid of most of the calcium.
WONDERFUL.  At least I now know what I'm dealing with.

Next stop.  
PARA RUBBER.
Deep Breaths.
Went in and explained what I had found out.
Said I was LIVID and UPSET that they had:

a)  Sold us an inferior product that has fucked up our pool.  
AND...
b) Sold me over $500 worth of products to try and get our pool clear, which was NEVER going to work.

That bitch in the Para Rubber shop tried to fob me off with all sorts of excuses, but at the end of the day she had nothing.  No sorry.  No offer to refund for all the money I'd wasted. NOTHING.

I told her exactly what I thought and left the shop, vowing to never set foot in there again.

I am going to get Stew to go in over the weekend and demand a refund for the faulty Chlorine and an unopened bottle of Phosphate Remover.  OMG when I think of how many bottles of that shit I've used over the past 9 weeks!!! 
Makes me see RED.

Obviously, I'm still fuming, but there is nothing else I can do.  I now just have to work on getting all the calcium out of our pool.  

I picked up our water blaster while out as well.  Such nice people there!  I can't wait to test it out and make sure it is working well now.

1.15 pm:  I'm working on my jig saw, and I keep glancing out the window.  Why?
Cos I just love my view!
The rockery is coming along so well... with so many new plants popping up, particularly the begonias.  Some with colours that are not from the 'parent' plants either.  No idea where the differing colours are coming from.  But I love it.

ABOVE: The other thing that makes me chuckle... my 'shark's fin'.  Can you see it?
It's actually the top part of a garden sculpture that is not a shark's fin at all, but from this angle... it's a shark's fin ... so there.  😂😊

I'm over this morning now.  Just happy to be in our lovely home, with no drama or stress.  The pool will get sorted out and all will be good.

7.30 pm:  My afternoon was quiet, I worked on and finished my first jig saw.  Started the 2nd one now.
Dinner tonight was steak, sausages, coleslaw, and potato.  Very nice it was.
Just watching the telly now, with a blankie on as it's a bit COLD!
Lots of wind and rain on and off today.
Signing off early as I doubt we will get up to anything much now.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:04 AM

    Your slaw looks delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:07 PM

    As you know how to use computers it would be a good idea to google problems you have such as the calcium build up - lots of knowledgeable ;people on there with answers. You can find out most things if you do that but keep an open mind as obviously there will be lots of different opinions. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:41 PM

    I wonder if you can send an email off to Para Rubber's head office or something, demanding a refund (state your financial requirement, and be prepared to negotiate a lesser figure if need be), and your expectation of outcome, first. Don't worry about the chick at the front, go higher. Cheers, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:34 PM

    That pool situation - you have every right to be livid - what a ripoff and people trust that they are getting accurate information because that's their expertise that you are going to them for. I think you have a valid issue to deserve some monetary compensation - considering all the costs you have had - due to their assessment of what your pool needed. They would obviously have other people experiencing the same issues after using that faulty product. Joining you in ranting this is not good enough. At long last your pool will be looking great -with the help of the new pool shop advise and heaps of vaccuming what a pain lucky you changed pool shops it would have been just going round in circles otherwise. Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If u dnt get any satisfaction from para im thinking an email yo to head office but im pretty sure Stew wil get some results us girls get too emotional

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:56 PM

    Should let Dept of Fair Trading (or whatever your kiwi equivalent is there) and let them know about Para rubber selling cheap shit from China

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh I would be livid with Para Rubber as well .... can you make a formal complaint to their head office? They definitely owe you a refund - could the products be considered not "fit for purpose" - they didn't resolve the issue you initially presented with. They definitely need to provide some more training to their staff by the sounds of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make a formal complaint and hi to Fair Go
    The thing is now we are getting inferior substitute product it’s the way of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seen weather tonight crappy hope you miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get some compensation for the pool products.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.