Friday, January 13, 2023

COLD

 It's the height of summer... and I am cold!

I never, in my wildest imagination, thought I would ever be saying that.

There are moments when I'm hot and sticky, but sometimes I'm damn cold!

This summer is totally fucked up. 


 
It's BLACK FRIDAY today.  That one snuck up on me for sure.  Not that I'm in the least bit superstitious.  Anyone reading this superstitious?

What superstitions do you have?  

Is thinking things go in 'threes' a superstition?  Cos if so, I do believe in that one.  πŸ˜…πŸ˜†

Today I'm gunna plug in the water blaster and give it a go... see if it's working properly.  If it is, I might make a start on the back path, which is the worst it's ever been.

All the rain we've had has made it slippery and mouldy and just bloody yuk.

So that's me plan for the day, well at least the morning.

Catch ya later.


11.25 am:  3 hours.
That's how long it took me to water blast the back path!
And it looks A MILLION BUCKS NOW.

ABOVE: The before shot.  Looking disgusting.  All slimy and with some sort of mould/fungus growing in many places.  And weeds.

ABOVE:  I'm feeling rather proud of how well it has come up ... my hard work was worth it.  All the mould and shit is gone, and so are the weeds.  

ABOVE: That was one of the worst patches, right under the clothes line.  We think that's where the girls go piddles the most.  

ABOVE:  Good choice not having a shower first thing this morning!  I got filthy.
But, I'm all clean again and looking forward to a couple of hours with me feet up just relaxing.

Then I might work on me jig saw some more.

5.25 pm:  Well after taking a couple of hours to relax, I went into the sewing room and did some work in there.  Just tidying up, getting a few things cut out ready for sewing... and so on.
And now it's almost dinner time.

I'm cooking pork strips to go over pasta.  Kinda like comfort food.
Annoyed with myself.  I forgot to go to WW today!

Got carried away with the water blasting, and just completely forgot.  Never mind, there's always next week.  😊

Stew should be home soon, so I better get on with preparing our dinner.

Dinner was yum.  The pork strips we got from Costco were very good.
Stew spent some time this evening vacuuming out the pool again.  I think that might be the last time we have to do it?
I've got the pump on now, then after a couple of hours I will turn it off and let the water settle again.
Hopefully later on tomorrow we will be able to see how clear the bottom is.
Now ... time to chill out till bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. I think we've grown up with the bad things happening in threes. As i get older I'm wirse... little things like microwave stopping on a certain number... i used to have to walk up stairs and finish on an even count 🀦‍♀️ but that's weird 🀣

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call it "Friday the 13th". And My moms birthday is on Sept. 13. So she has a "Black Friday Birthday" every so often. I don't think I believe any superstitions. I'm boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Black Friday" here is the day ofter Thanksgiving. It is when stores are in the black (or making a profit).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hadnt realised it was black Friday today, yesterday was bad enough

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays11:42 AM

    One of our Nanas lived with us after being widowed ,,,and she always said to get out in the garden is better for your mind than anything else,
    She had bought up 9 children πŸ‘§ so knew the score,

    I thought of her straight away when I saw your water blasting effort Chris πŸ‘
    The before and afters,,,,, it’s so worth the effort .

    You hopefully now will have so Chris time n stay relaxed n enjoy the rest of FridayπŸ’―πŸŽΈ
    Lovely n sunny here so I am doing inside stuff n keeping the jrt inside cos DH is repainting the back patio with the roller, n Marley tries to help 🐢🐢🐢

    Take care all of you over there n the other bloggers who join in from across the Oceans 🌊

    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great. It's so satisfying seeing all that gunk disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:44 PM

    What a big chore to get rid of before the weekend. Great job!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the water blasting ... I want a water blaster now! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melaka4:52 AM

    Well, today is my birthday, so Friday the 13th comes around every so often. My husband was born on the 13th and we were married on a Friday the 13th. I think it's all about how you want each day to be. I don't know what is going on with the weather this year. I live in Utah, USA and we've had over 350 inches of snow at the ski resort just 15 minutes away from my home since November. I don't comment often, but I love reading your blog every day. It's nice to see what's going on, on the other side of the world. I think for me, Christmas in summertime would be very weird :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.