Monday, January 23, 2023

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING

 I am sure Stew thought he was finished with the jobs around the house and yard eh?

Nope.

There is always something I can find for him to do.

Yesterday afternoon I reminded him that I really wanted a gate between the house and the pool fence, to stop the dogs going on the lawn and fouling it up.  AND Coco digs holes and eats the dirt now, so an added reason to block it off.

He wasn't too keen, but as we already had a big gate, he decided it was best to just get it done.


ABOVE: And just like that, in about half an hour, he had it done.

BOOM!  Thank You Darling.  💙💚💜

This morning I am heading over to Cambridge for an FBG Social Walk. 🏃

Normally I'd never go walking in the heat, and even at 9 am over summer, it's too bloody hot for me.

But this walk is around Lake Te Ko Utu, which is quite shaded in places, so I should be alright.

I'm looking forward to catching up with some of the girls (and bloke), who I've not seen in a few weeks.

It will be a lovely start to the day.

Catch ya later.


11.45 am:  And I'm back from Cambridge.
It was a very nice walk this morning, not too hot to start with, and I only started feeling really hot and uncomfortable after we were on our third time around the lake.

ABOVE:  It is such a pretty walk.  

ABOVE:  I just love little creeks like this, that trickle down a hill side.

ABOVE:  I  had to stop on the side of the road to take this photo.  I thought the sky looked gorgeous!

After our walk  most of us went to a local cafe for morning tea.  I had a donut and chocolate milkshake, so YUM.   

And now, I'm going to just sit and relax and wait for the next load of washing to be ready to hang out.
I don't know how, but I've managed to find 3 full loads for the machine today.

7.15 pm:  Obviously it's been a quiet day, and not much to comment on.
I've had a very quiet afternoon, just making sure all the washing got hung out and brought back in again.
Dinner for Stew was Beef Meatballs in a sweet 'n' sour sauce, over rice.
Steve, Bex and the boys came over after dinner for a swim.
Stew and I are watching a neat TV programme about buying Country Homes in New Zealand.

So, winding down for the day... catch ya tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:49 PM

    I like the new gate, will you be painting it to match the fence? Also, I bet when you're sitting on the patio furniture it feels like having a whole new room. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenery and weather.
    Happy it didn't take too long to install the fence.
    Relax Stew! Until next week...... or whenever the next project is proposed!
    hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the clouds certainly warrant stopping to take a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice walk and catch up with the FBG. Loving the programme of buying Country homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely area to walk in

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.