Sunday, January 15, 2023

IT'S VERY OLD

 Over 40 years ago, when I was pregnant with one of me kids, I made myself a maternity dress.  And once I'd had the baby, I made her a little dress using the same fabric.

Obviously, both dresses are LONG GONE.  But I still have, would you believe it... a small piece of that fabric.

Every now and then I look at it and ask myself,   "What shall I do with you?"

I'm actually amazed I still have it!

ABOVE:  The reason it's not been used yet is because I simply cannot think what to do with it.

I want to use it for a keep sake for both myself and the 'baby' who wore the dress.

ANY IDEAS???    Now that I have some spare time on my hands, it's a good time to do something with it.

ABOVE:  Our vege pods.... I love them so much!  No bending, no weeds... just waiting for the latest crop to grow now.

ABOVE:  A vase full of whatever I have in the garden.  Some of it is from shrubs and trees.   I really don't have many flowers.  I think I am going to explore the options, and get more actual flowers for the gardens.
I'm no flower expert, so have no idea what to get!

Woke up and decided we needed a new rug. So Stew and I have spent the last couple of hours out hunting one down....  We went to many and varied places to look.

We didn't want to spend a fortune as it's a heavy traffic area.

Eventually we found something that suited.

At Bunnings of all places.


ABOVE:  BEFORE & AFTER.  Coco immediately sat on it, as if to say... it'll do.


ABOVE:  It looks different depending on where you sit in the lounge.  The one in the store was faded a bit, and I actually like it better!  So, here's hoping it fades.  

What do you think of it?  Nice or NAH?

On our way home we popped in on Steve 'n' Bex.  Steve has worked hard this morning pruning all his hedges and trees.  Looking good.  Now he just has to water blast his fences... but that will have to wait until at least next weekend.

He's got 'dead arms' now.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‰

I had a nana nap this afternoon... which was nice.

Since then I've been working on me jig saw and not much else.

Quiet evening ahead .... so will catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. I made a myself an outfit for my 1st baby shower. I think I have finally used all the scraps but maybe not lol. It is fun when you come across scraps from something memorable you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is darling. A few days ago I saw a pop up on Instagram to make a small teddy bear with fabric from baby clothes - and then it has weighted filling (not sure what) to weight the bear to baby’s birth weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric looks very familiar - I have a feeling that I had a dress or top made out of a similar (if not the same) fabric as a young girl. I'll have to show my Mum your post next time she visits to see if it looks familiar to her. She used to make all my outfits as a child. Your vegetable pods look great - I should probably look at getting something similar for our place. At the moment I'm tossing with the idea of getting a few chickens - if we do so, I will definitely need to ensure any vegetables are at a height where the chickens can't raid the produce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:21 PM

    I think the rug looks very nice, it anchors the room. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays2:33 PM

    I am with Ky girl
    The rug is just great n with Cocos approval ya can’t go wrong
    These fur babies sure know the comfy spots πŸ•ΊπŸΏ

    Love the mixture of flowers from the garden including the vase
    Inside flowers bring with them ,,,lotsa pleasure ,,,

    Have a fab day over that side of the Tassie ❤️πŸ₯

    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rug looks great. We have a similar one we got from Ikea of all places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:32 PM

    Aw gosh? I remember that fabric, don’t recall if it was me or Lacy tho… you could find two A4 pic frames and stick some fabric into each pic from, one for you and one for the big baby? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:24 PM

    With the fabric, what if you made a stuffed heart to hang with your heart collection and one for the 'baby' too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, the baby in question must be Lacy. It could be Amanda. Hmmm, which one is 40 years old? I am sticking with my first guess. Lacy. The rug looks good. I hope you don't trip on it though. I find rugs always slip around. Don't trip. It looks like the edges are sticking up a bit. Probably cause it was rolled up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the rug πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the rug too, but do be careful of tripping, the one we have is always creeping on the carpet.
    Cute fabric, it depends on how much you have to work with, I like the bear Idea, make two small ones and put them in a shadow box frames, one for each of you, also include the date of birth, weight etc. What ever you decide to do with it, I am sure it will appreciated.
    Have a great day.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.