Wednesday, January 04, 2023

WOW.....AND FIRST PROJECT OF 2023

Got woken this morning by a really strong earthquake !  5.39 am. Nothing on the news yet with details.

ABOVE:  6.15 am... No reports of damage or casualties. That's the second earthquake in that area in the past couple of weeks.

I'm thrilled to bits with my first project for 2023.

I made it yesterday afternoon, but it had to be 'tweaked' cos I got an important part out of proportion.

It didn't take too much to fix, I just had to chop off it's head and do it again! 

ABOVE:  Meet my LOVIE.  I am going to make two more, one blue and one light green.  And take them to market.

If they don't sell, well I will have three gorgeous gifts for babies in the future.

So that is what I plan on doing this morning.  They won't take too long now that I've drawn the pattern (super easy!), and sussed out the sequence and steps required for stitching them up.

The first one is always a bitch! And it was.  Gosh I made a right muck up of the first  head!  It was a  hideous shape and size.  But sorted now.

ABOVE:  Yeah, this is me.  But I'm not bitching.  YET.

We are supposed to be getting rain for the next few days, which should cool things down nicely.


Oh hell!  Just realised I'd not updated all day.  Sorry about that.
So where was I?

I did some sewing:

ABOVE:  A second Lovie.  I enjoyed making this one.... now that I know what to do.  Yes, maybe the ears could be a bit longer on the next one SPARKLING.

After that Stew and I went to a coffee shop for lunch.  Chartwell Square today.  It was quite busy in the mall.
I wore my beautiful Pink Dress and got lots of glances and smiles.  Then a lady told me I looked so pretty!  That was so nice of her.

On our way home we popped into Steve 'n' Bex's for a quick visit.

ABOVE:  I decided I wanted to do a jig saw, so we drove over to Whitcoulls at the Base.  Found two that appealed.
Gosh they didn't have many on the shelves I must say.  Obviously jig saws are popular for Christmas and the holidays.

I'm certainly going to enjoy doing them while it's wet outside.

8.18 pm:  We  have had a really lovely afternoon.
I worked on my jig saw for a while.  Then we had visitors arrive.
Neat to see Martyn and Deborah, and spend a couple of hours just yakking.

Brylee called in as well, she was over to borrow a suitcase for a little trip to Taupo with Dom.

After everyone left, I cooked dinner.
I made Pastry parcels with Cranberry sauce, Brie Cheese and Ham inside.  Very yum.

Now we are just chillin' out watching TV until bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

20 comments:

  1. Clarification needed - Did YOU feel the earthquake from your home? Is that common? I dodn't recall you ever mentioning one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Stew and I both felt it. Our bed was shaking and the house creaked. Not sure if I mentioned the last one on the blog.

      Delete
    2. Yikes! I have never felt such a thing.

      Delete
  2. I love your quilted bunnies! They will sell I'm sure!
    I have to sleep with a fan and blankets~ LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been a lot of shaky ground the last few weeks but that has gotta be the biggest in a while . How did u get that picture of me in bed...just how i look sleeping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:24 AM

    Glad of no casualties from the quake. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe make the ears a little bit longer so the kids have something to hang on to and drag around. It is a gorgeous pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A few people at work felt it... i was up getting ready but must have been wandering around. We used to get loads when i lived in rotorua... hate them

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is a "lovie"? Do you put something in its torso?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just a very soft lightweight cuddly toy a baby or toddler can sleep with or lug around.

      Delete
  8. Love your Lovie. How clever you are

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:45 PM

    Ooh I love your Lovies. So cute! I think we're all in for the rain. I can feel it already but it will be nice if it cools us down. That pink dress is stunning and suits you perfectly Chris. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh I may have to order a pink
    Lovie for an Up and coming Pepi January 9th due…. Well I think it’s pink if not earmark me for the blue one too if that’s ok hedge me vets lol
    Ohhhh how much I may have to have 2 (spare one) in case of a lost item x
    I will let you know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sent you a message over Facebook Messenger Sharon.

      Delete
    2. Sent you a message over Facebook Messenger Sharon.

      Delete
  11. Oh and I’m glad the pink dress got smiles because it is stunning on you and so your vibe x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet project. I too cannot sleep without a blanket. Have fun with the puzzles. Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pastry parcels sound delicious! And those are just the sort of jigsaw I like. lots of detail, not lots of blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovie is sooo cute, can't wait to see more.
    I received a jig saw puzzle of quilts, who would have guessed, starting it this afternoon.
    Pink dress, may have to get one, smiles and glances are always welcome.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love puzzles but the cats like them too lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.