Tuesday, January 03, 2023

BEDROOM SORTED, AND SORRY


ABOVE:  It wasn't until we moved this bed away from the window, (it had the headboard up against the window frame), that I realised that it should never have been that way!

Small tweaks make such a difference eh?

There is more room in there, and I can easily get to the window to open it now.

So, that is sorted.

Now the sorry.

Steve told us this joke yesterday:

ABOVE:  yeah, sorry about that.  Poor taste, but still funny.

We have had ONE DAY where the pool was perfectly clear.  Now?

Not 100%, but not as bad as it was.  Today I'm going to tweak the chemicals AGAIN... I can't believe it is still not perfect.  Talk about a money pit this year.

Not sure what else Stew and I plan on doing today.  

I might even end up in the sewing room. 

ABOVE:  What I have wanted for so long.  The girls enjoying being out the front, watching the world go by.

They still bark at passer buys, but NOT as much as I anticipated.  
 


11.30 am:  Stew and I went off to the Base first thing this morning.  I picked up a repeat prescription, then headed to Just Cuts for a hair trim.
The queue was out the door, so we went over to Chartwell Square.
There was still a wait there, but only 20 when we got there.
By the time we left the wait was an hour and 45 minutes.
Sure pays to get there early.

A lovely bloke trimmed my hair, first time I've had a man do my hair in probably 40 years!
He did a damn good job, and didn't hurry it either.

ABOVE:  once it's dry I am going to curl it.  I don't feel like just putting it up today.

ABOVE:  Countdown had that lovely Brie Cheese in the big rounds, so we grabbed them.  
They are a Christmas Special, but maybe we can still get them year round from one of the Cheese Shops?  I'm gunna do a Google search to find out.

While standing in the check out aisle at the Chemist Warehouse, I spotted these:

ABOVE:  And my first thought was 'OH HELL NO!'
The last thing I want is to REPLUMP anything! 😂😅😆
Needless to say, I didn't get any.

I'm going to do Stew and I a main meal at lunchtime today.  Pork 'n' Apple schnitzel and potato salad.  Then this evening we will just have crackers and cheese/relish.

Our lunch was lovely, and afterwards I tried to have a nap.  Didn't happen.  I really wanted to get in the sewing room to continue with my new project.
So I did.
It's done, but needs 'tweaking'.  Things are not quite right yet.
Hopefully I will have something to show you tomorrow.

Well that's another day done.  We didn't get much done today at all.  Just a lazy day.  Certainly cooler today, which was nice.
Catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I love that your dogs can be outside like that. One thought I had though is the heat of that concrete on their paws during the day. We literally couldn't walk on ours in bare feet the other day! I suppose they'd just come inside it it got too hot? I bet you are happy with everything you've done since buying your home... and yes, that bed looks much better like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:38 PM

    Funny about what people prefer, I haven’t had a woman cut my hair in 40 years!! And I’m also very particular with medical professionals, both my doctor and dentist are asian, have a lot of faith in them. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dogs have learned to "relax" in the new environment it appears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:59 PM

    I laughed out loud at that joke. Very clever lol. The bed looks great that way and makes a lot more room. How's Stews back? I've got a pinched nerve down from my shoulder and it was soon painful. I manged to see physio before new year but can't see her GIn till 10th. I put a gel icepack on it and that seems to work alongside painkillers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too laughed more than I should’ve at the joke.
    Dogs look so relaxed.
    I LOVE how the driveway looks now, send a “this is how a driveway should look” to those arsehole asphalt company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha great joke! Looks like you had a busy Christmas holiday. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.