Wednesday, January 18, 2023

I REALLY SHOULD STOP

 I move stuff too often.

Two days ago I wanted to put a certain cast iron ornament on top of the big rock in the rockery.

Do you think I could find it?

It had always been beside a door, cos I used it as a door stop more often than not.

So... There we were, Stew, Steve, Bex and I hunting all around the house and yard, looking for this:

ABOVE:  It's not exactly small... but do you think we could find it?  Nope.

I was kinda sure I'd put it outside the front door, last time I moved it.

So, we were thinking some nasty arse person had nicked it, and I was about to move all my pretties around to the back yard, so they wouldn't be stolen too.

Yesterday.  I'm outside.  By the rockery and dang! There it is in plain sight, on top of another rock!!!

HOW did 4 adults not see it when searching for it just the day before?  Derrr.

I'm NOT putting it on top of the big rock in the rockery now.  It's come back inside, so I don't lose it again.

Moral of the story, STOP moving shit.  

And let's just consider that option for a moment.

What's the chances of that???  0% right. 😖😒


ABOVE: There is nothing wrong with a nice salad.  I just loved the picture.  lol  Sharing and all that shit.


ABOVE:  Our rockery is starting to look awesome!  All the teeny tiny baby begonia plants have grown HEAPS.  And there's more coming up all the time.

ABOVE:  Our brazier is not used to burn anything, so I put lots of succulents in pots in it.
I think it looks neat.

ABOVE:  The only thing I want to do in this area now is put more succulents among the rocks.  I put some in a couple of months ago and they are doing really well.  So I know that works, and will put more in soon.
This area looks so much better as a rockery compared to the pond that was there.  

I might even plant more succulents there today.  There's nothing else on my agenda for the day.


11.20 am:  and I'm having an excellent morning.
I've actually made me bed today, on top of doing the washing, tending the pool - which looks amazing.
Done some of my jig saw and yakked to some family.  All is GREAT.
Later on I plan on planting a few more succulents, but right now it's too hot to be outside for me.

I read on Stuff about a TV programme that I'd never heard of before.  New Amsterdam.  Apparently it has just finished it's latest and last? series.
It got rave reviews, so I decided to start watching it on Netflix.
So far I've watched 3 episodes.  
And cried several times.  It's that good.
I hope all of the Series are on Netflix, I want to watch them ALL.

Bex and the boys just arrived for a swim.  It's a gorgeous day out there, but clouds are forming, so expect rain at some point.
Best keep an eye out, cos I've got washing out on the line.

Left overs for dinner tonight, so I don't have to cook a thing.  Gotta love that.

8.30 pm:  Talk about a quiet day... sorry !
But I'm LOVING the drama free, stress free days.  I want them to continue.
Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. I agree with the cat!
    I don't know how you keep all those plants alive. Especially the potted ones.
    It seems they would dry up and die 2 days into my posession of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:48 PM

    New Amsterdam has been on TV for a couple of years. It started good. Went a bit weird, then come good again, but I stopped watching it. If you like that type of show you'll enjoy it. Cheers, Colleen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:43 PM

    I'm about 1/2 way through with the 2nd season of New Amsterdam and I am already sad that I am almost through it. It is that good! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're watching the last season here and very sad that it is ending!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At your recommendation I just started New Amsterdam. I am like halfway through episode 1. Loving it so far. Keep the recommendations coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well - that was intence. Episode 1 was vet]y stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The whole series isnt on Netflix. Ive been watching it on Prime tv, although they have paused it fir the holidays it is halfways through series 3, and plays mon- fri about 10am, maybe back on in feb? I think all series are on neon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great program. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:52 PM

    You have such a good eye for 'arranging' things. I guess that's all part and parcel of you being a talented arty/crafty creator. The rockery just looks brilliant....all the garden areas do :)
    Tracy, Cornwall,UK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:37 PM

    I will start watching that. Need a good program to keep me entertained. I am so frustrated with my stupid brain. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.