Monday, January 16, 2023

LUNCHES

 4 days a week, Stew takes a vege and steak stir fry to work for his lunch.  Then he gets home and has a smaller dinner.

This is working for him, as he's lost about 5 kilos in the past 5 months.  Small and steady losses, that should stay off.  

My biggest 'problem' is lunch.  I don't want a stir fry every day.  

You'd think I would know what works for me by now eh?  But no.

I have been having my 'main meal' at lunchtime for a few months, but some days I fuck it up by having a second 'main meal' at dinner time.

And it means I am usually cooking two main meals a day.  Sometimes I have left overs from the dinner the night before, but not often.

IT'S NOT WORKING ANYMORE.  I've hit a plateau that I need to bust through somehow.

So, I need to rethink what I  have for lunch, so I can join Stew in having a 'normal' dinner at dinner time.  A SMALL dinner, cos portion size is the most important aspect of what I'm doing now.

Well that, and not snacking, not having too many sugars etc.  Common sense shit really.

So... LUNCHES?

Gimme some ideas on what you do.  I want something that is tasty, quick and easy to prepare, not high in carbs or sugars... bla bla bla.

My mind has just gone to mush when I try to think what to have.

MUSH  I tell ya.

I want to cover at least 5 days a week.  On Friday I will be having a Subway after weigh in at WW.  One day on the weekend we will no doubt eat out.  So yeah, just 5 days to worry about.

Now, back to today.  What am I doing?  Well I'm waiting for lunch ideas, then going to the supermarket to get said shit.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜…

Oh, I think I know what I will do with that little bit of 40 year old fabric now too.  More on that another day, when I've actually used it.


10.45 am.  Some good ideas so far girls, thanks.

I also thought of Rice Paper Spring Rolls.  I went out to the supermarket and bought some fresh produce/rolls/rice paper/shrimps/ham etc.
I nice sandwich is also a good option, and easy.
I'm not 'scared' of bread, but do like to limit it if possible.
For lunch today I've decided to have a brioche bun with ham, cheese and basil pesto.  The pesto makes it really tasty.
Tomorrow I will have a couple of Rice Paper Rolls.   With Hoisin sauce.  That stuff is nice and tasty too.

It's all about having tasty food, not boring or bland.  I don't 'do' boring or bland.

ABOVE:  Our pool is now CRYSTAL CLEAR!  To think of all the time wasted (and worry and expense)... all we had to do was stop using that crap granulated chlorine from Para Rubber!!!
I don't dread going out to check on the pool now.  Another stress gone.


I absolutely LOVE that this year Stew and I have done everything we can to lower our stress, by primarily no longer being involved in situations that cause us stress.
I love that we have finally cut a toxic fucking bitch out of our lives completely!  It makes me so, so happy.  And OMG I can laugh my head off at the pathetic games it plays.  KARMA is coming you fucking bitch.

Oh sorry, but sometimes my inner BITCH comes out.

Bex and the boys just arrived to visit, so I better get off here and be polite.

An hour later and they left, taking the girls with them.  Poor Coco went to jump in their car and didn't quite get there, and smacked her face into the car door step!  Poor girl.  Bex lifted her in.  She's certainly starting to show her age.  (the dog, not Bex πŸ˜πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚)

As they were about to leave, I glanced over at the front garden which runs along the footpath, and noticed ...

ABOVE:  How well our little Peach Tree was doing.... and then to my utter shock!...

ABOVE:  We have PEACHES!  And one was perfectly ripe, so I ate it.  Bex took a bite too and even she was surprised how nice it was.
That tree is only a year old, and it's producing fruit already.  WOW.  And not just fruit, but really lovely, tasty fruit.
Here's hoping no one else notices them and eats them for us.
If that happens, I might have to move it come winter.

ABOVE: How remiss of me not to show you me peach!   I'm not usually a fan of peaches, it's the fluffy skin that puts me off... but that one was delicious.  So sweet and juicy.

ABOVE: I'm now working on my jig saw... which is coming along very slowly.  But it's a good one, not too easy.

ABOVE:  The kids came over before dinner for a swim.  The pool is perfect now, so clear.  

Dinner tonight was a silly bugger meal. Fish cakes, saveloys, potato rissoles and spaghetti!  Rather yum.

That's me for today, catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:49 AM

    Well, I would be having a big salad sandwich with chicken, ham, tuna, cheese, some low fat low sugar mayo, on low GI bread, sour dough is filling, don’t be scared to eat some bread, if you have protein with it, it lowers the GI. I know you need to watch the carbs, but you are doing that already. I think it will be easier for you to cook your main meal at night and share with Stew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:07 AM

    Do you like soup? If so, maybe make up a pot of soup and eat on that a few days? Chicken noodle, beef and veggie, or lentils, beef and veggies...make all homemade as most canned soups are too high in sodium and that opens up a whole different can of worms. I am a clear broth soup eater, not too nuts about cream of soups...good luck with trying to find something different to eat. It does get monotonous coming up with something to eat daily. Ky Girl

    p.s. I know you like salads, so maybe a salad and a lean piece of meat? Even a hamburger is okay if you stick to the 4 oz rule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omelettes with veg, roast vege frittata, chicken salad sandwiches, baked beans with egg on toast, scrambled egg with spinach or avo on toast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soup & 1/2 sandwich, salad (yuck), stir fry sounds good at least once a week since you already have it handy, leftovers are my go to! taco, burrito, nachos, tiny slider type sandwich on mini brioche bun. leftovers. cheese and crackers (diet coke makes anything a meal). leftovers.pizza. homemade pizza on a flatbred, pita or naan. leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sushi, salads, eggs (scrambled, omelette, poached, fritatta), soup, tomatoes or avocados on toast or crackers, tin of tuna, salmon or chicken with some vegetable sticks (carrots, cucumber etc), hummus, chicken wraps made with lettuce on the outside

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is crazy that one stupid chemical did that to your pool.
    Sorry to see the mini-rant regarding toxic person. It has been a while. I am glad you are making peace with the situation (for you and Stew).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:33 PM

    "I better get off here and be polite" love it lol you sound just like me🀣

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:04 PM

    Wow! Those peaches look picture perfect!! How amazing that you found them just at the right time. There is nothing like a summer peach. Enjoy! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chris..I'm an elder, live alone lady in the US. I use this recipe for lunch very often (easy, qiuck) and usually add a piece of toasted homemade bread and half a grapefruit for "dessert" (I add a bit of honey). Omelette For One: 2 eggs, 1-2 T water, 1/8 t salt, dash of pepper, 1 t butter for cooking (I use a small, cook for one, skillet)..my filling varies by seasonal vegies>>>favorite for me is: sauteed asparagus, grape tomato, fresh mushroom, shredded cheese (any I have on hand), cooked slowly then topped with a tablespoon of salsa. Hope you like it too. Evening dinner is also my main meal...usually something from the crockpot.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.