Sunday, January 22, 2023

SUNDAY... AND YEP, IT WILL BE A DAY OF REST

 We are sleeping in today. Which is gunna be so nice after having to get up so early yesterday.  I'm going to lie here and just doze.  Well... after I've read the news.


ABOVE: That used to be my String Of Pearls plant.  It just never took off, in fact it kinda died.  So, I gave it some Diet Coke.  Who knows ... it might revive it!  But I doubt it. 

Some plants I've managed to keep alive, and that one .. yeah nah.  

ABOVE: That is our 'patch of grass' at Tamahere!  lol   

Just sharing.  It took forever to get our patch.  

I wonder what else I can share with ya today?

Well... you will just have to wait and see.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜Š  Hopefully more than a dead plant and a patch of grass!


10.55 am:  I stayed in bed until QUARTER TO TEN!!!
That's probably the longest 'sleep in' in a very long time.
It was wonderful.
Then I got up and said to Stew, "Let's go to Spotlight!"

ABOVE: The cotton batting I use for the bowl cosy's is on sale this weekend.  And I ALWAYS wait to buy it when it's on sale.
Who wouldn't when it's 60% OFF?
They do this particular sale only about once a year, and I keep a keen eye out for it.  Obviously.

ABOVE: So off we went and bought two bundles of it.  That lot should see me right for the rest of the year, until their next sale on it.  πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜Š

Steve 'n' Bex mentioned they were having crumbed chicken for their dinner last night, and I said "Oh YUM"... so they decided NOT to have it last night, but bring it around here for lunch today.  That way we got it too.
How lovely is that?
I'm rather looking forward to me lunch now.

And trying something different, cos I sure in hell don't do to the chicken what they are doing.
Paprika?  Onion Powder.  Cornflakes?  Weird.
I will show you the process once they get here and actually DO IT.  

ABOVE:  Steve made a marinade using Greek Yogurt, Paprika, Garlic Power and Onion Powder.  Then he coated the chicken meat in it, and set it to marinate in the fridge.


ABOVE: Then he made the crumble... using crushed corn flakes, the three spices (same as the marinade) and some salt.


ABOVE:  Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, depending on how thick your chicken pieces are.

ABOVE: While the chicken is cooking, prepare your other ingredients.  We used lettuce, cucumber, red onion, capsicum, tomato and basil.
Sauces were Sweet Tahini, mayo, and a Greek Yogurt one.

GREEK YOGURT DIPPING SAUCE: (All to taste, so how you like it.)...
  
- Greek Yogurt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Thyme
- Olive Oil
- Lemon juice


ABOVE:  Then you lay out your ingredients on a wrap, fold it up and....

ABOVE:  Then ya eat it.  So bloody yum!!!
And that is my main meal of the day.
I will be having something really light, and a tiny portion for 'dinner'.

Thanks Steve and Bex, that was a really lovely lunch.

ABOVE:  While the chicken was cooking... and Bex was preparing the other shit, Steve, the boys and I played a game of Unicorns.  It was fun, and even better, I WON!
It's a great game for kids as it helps that they have to read the cards, strategize and plan.
Good skills to hone.

Stew did a little job for me this afternoon, one that has been on my 'to do' list for a very long time.  Amazingly, it only took him about half an hour to do, after all that waiting.  More on that tomorrow.

Well, although Stew did a little job for me today, it has been a relaxing day.  Just hanging out at home, enjoying company, watching telly and so on.
Now, I'm watching a gruesome programme about the Bali Bombing.
After that I'm off to bed.
Catch ya tomorrow.


16 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:04 AM

    Magpie here, Chris you are hilarious, I burst out laughing when I read your post about a dead plant and your patch at the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pot plant looks like it's full of mince and noodles lol πŸ˜†
    #πŸ’œ2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:46 AM

      Made me look twice too lol

      Delete
    2. Lol I looked at it 3 times for at least half an hour lol πŸ˜† but keep in mind lol it was this morning lol......πŸ˜‚
      #πŸ’œ2

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:45 AM

    I've killed 3 or 4 string of pearls lol I gave up and just buy artificial ones from kmart🀣

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve never seen that brand over here. We have Legacy Grab and Go for $60 this weekend but it’s an hour and a half to my closest Spotlight, lucky I have three rolls stashed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:17 PM

    Unstable Unicorns Card Game is what shows up on a Google search.

    Can you show box and close up of a couple more cards please?

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is the game. And Steve and co have gone home, and taken the cards with them. So sorry, no close ups today.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous3:42 PM

      Thanks.
      Vickie

      Delete
    3. Kiwionholidays3:44 PM

      Aww that fabulous step by step of the lunch that Steve n Bex set up n did ,
      Well done Harvey crew , love the random way , living so close you n yours can call by n cook n swim n all,

      Lacy it was hard to figure that plant etc had me n others baffled too.

      Hope alls well in the mighty Waikato today and wherever the rest of the crew are,,,n you all have a great night as well now summers here

      Lovely drizzle here today so hoping it lasts cos new seeds are waiting to sprout in the wee veggie patch

      Cheers πŸ₯‚

      Delete
  6. Hey Vicki yes it's called unstable unicorns there's another game called exploding kittens which is also alot of fun. Exploding kittens also has expansion packs you can add in. The boys love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:20 PM

    The chicken and the wraps look yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That chicken looks delicious! I've also just watched that Bali bombing program... we had a friend badly injured in that and was one of those who went on the planes back to Australia. Thankfully he recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:59 PM

    I'm watching 333 about the miners who were stuck in the mine. Was going to watch.half and go to bed. Yeah right! Kj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:15 PM

    Yep I thought that first photo was some weird breakfast lol. How good did your lunch look, yum! Nic (Running GIRL)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought your dead plant looked like something you were going to eat. LOL The chicken lunch looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.