Thursday, January 05, 2023

HAS THE STORM HIT YET?

Has the expected 'storm' arrived?  Nah, not here in the Waikato, that's for sure.

A bit of rain, that's about all we have had.

I've not read the news yet, so unsure if the areas that were expecting terrible weather go it or not.

Shame as it has ruined lots of people's holiday plans.  

I am going to make the third Lovie this morning.

It will be blue this time.  

After that I will work on my latest jig saw, which is a WASJIG.  I love them.

The other one I bought yesterday looks to be quite difficult.  Yaaa.  I love hard jig saws.

I did start a very large jig saw a while ago, but it defeated me!  It was incredibly difficult.  I have packed it away for a time in the future when I have more time and patience for it.

Has anyone else been defeated by a bloody jig saw?  

The M5.1 earthquake yesterday did virtually no damage to properties, and no one was hurt.

So lucky.  But it is a bit unnerving when it was the 2nd one, in the same place in only 6 days.

ABOVE:  Probably one of the few places to show effects of the earthquake.  A Farmer's MAISE field has a few big cracks.  He has described them as 'speed bumps'.  😃😆😅  

I'm hoping those two are all we are gunna get.

Right, I'm off to start me day.  Should be a quiet day with not too much happening.

So... tell me what you are doing!  Are you enjoying Summer, or freezing Winter?  I'd love to hear where you are reading from.  Do you read this blog often?

What do you enjoy about it? Or do I drive ya nuts? 😌😋😉


10.45 am:  Right... I've just finished the blue Lovie.

ABOVE:  I love them all.  And I think the Pink and Blue ones are already sold.  Just need to confirm that with SM.

I will be making more over the next few days I suppose.  I'd like to have three to take to the two Markets at the end of the month.

JO:  In answer to your Question:

AMANDA:  Just turned 44 this January.
LACY:  43 in February.
KELLY:  41 in March (100% Estranged from her)
RUSSELL:  40 in June
STEVEN: 36 in April
MICHAEL:  Is 33, 34 in November

BONUS KIDS:

BRYLEE:  22, 23 in October.
GRIFFIN: 21, 22 in November.

Stew has been doing a little bit of gardening this morning.  We had a shrub in the front garden that was dying, it's roots were barely in the ground!  So he's taken it out and is moving a small camellia into that spot.  Hopefully it doesn't die from being moved mid summer.

ABOVE: Well... that little camellia has a big gap to fill!
Give it a couple of years, it'll be fine.

8.38 pm:  Well it's been a productive day here.
I have done more sewing.  Moved a couple of things around in the house.
Stew has kept himself occupied watching the TV.

The weather has been very overcast with some wind and rain, but nothing worrisome.

Further North it's been pretty horrible with heaps of rain and flooding, slips etc.

And that's about it from me for today.
Looking forward to a quiet evening.  Loving the peace and quiet, no stress, no drama.  Long may it last.


27 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:33 AM

    I read your writings everyday…and enjoy them so much!
    You write as you think!😉
    Thanks for taking the time to write from Wendy in wet Derbyshire, England!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has been very stormy here, high winds & rain. I am off to the gym then to the other side of the bridge to drop Samyson’s phone charger to where he is house sitting then working for the rest of the day - such fun 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer? We had that week, one day of 39.8. Hubby and I both ended up with Covid soi haven’t done much except sneeze and cough

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just at home sitting out Stu's second round of covid :) None yet for me but you never say never.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's about 34degrees Fahrenheit here in Wisconsin USA. We have had 14" of snow so far but it's mostly melted now. I'm having a lazy day, just did a couple of loads of laundry and did some prep work for dinner. I read your blog every day, I just enjoy hearing about your family and seeing your gorgeous country. If it's not too personal would you give the birth order for your kids. I think I've figured out that Amanda is the oldest and Steve is the youngest but the rest I don't know. If you prefer not to that's ok. I think that's all you asked us to write so have a great day. I'm looking forward to seeing the blue lovie. Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:35 AM

    Winter here in Indiana/USA, it was very cold a couple weeks ago, now fairly mild. I am spending the winter decluttering every room, too much stuff has accumulated (again). I am also making a series of quilts this year, working my way thru all the cousins’ kids who are all young adults now.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most days I read your blog :)
    I didn't appreciate yesterday's earthquake either LOL (never felt the first one!).
    Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Long time reader (almost since the beginning!) and daily reader (OK - several times a day) and hail from cold wintery summer in Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. RuthW in MD12:35 PM

    I am enjoying a soft winter day by visiting a friend in a nursing home. I remember feeling the Sylmar earthquake in southern California in the 70s. Those little lovies are just darling!! I enjoy reading your blog. Yesterday I finished reading my father's missionary journal of his two years in Australia and Tasmania. I like to read different blogs to hear different "voices." Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to work at 6.30am... took paige to work at midday and am now wagging the rest of the arvo at home 🤭

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Seeing the earth shoved up like that in the farmers wheat field is scary looking. Cold in my neck of the woods here the USA, lots of snow on the ground since early November, and bitter temps in the negatives, so it is not melting very quickly, but it was 36 today so we are improving. Yay!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Puzzles. I just started doing them during Pandemic. Now - I buy more than I assemble. I like them, but then don't motivate myself to start them. My VERY naughty child just bought my mom (who I puzzle with) a 2000 piece puzzle. He chose it because it has quilts on it and she makes quilts. So we started it over NEw YEars. We have a cabin in the woods on 100 acres that is our permanent home. And my folks have a "vacation" cabin on the same land. So when they are "up" from the cities we puzzle! Make a "lovie" with the New Zealand stripey things!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading daily from Colorado, USA since 2009. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stinking hot here bit of a breeze thankfully...was goingnto have lettuce salad for tea but appears so is everyone else in ashburton 2 countdowns and new world and not a lettuce to be had.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6:49 PM

    I read your blog everyday Chris. I'd be lost without it. It gets very lonely on my own so it's like catching up with good friends. I'm stuck now with a maybe ulcer on my leg!!! Dr has told me today to keep it up higher for the next 3 days. But I have so much to do!!! Kj

    ReplyDelete
  16. The farmers ‘wheat’ field looks more like corn/ maize

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julia here from England - and I read your blog every day - catch it in the evening when you've just written your entry! Hubby died relatively young at the end of September and I crave the "normality" and the family feeling that I get from you. You make me laugh when I badly need it. It has been a very tough, sad year but must plough on and I love the blogland community. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Julia so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I hope you are doing well ... {{{HUGS}}}.

      Delete
    2. Back at you, Chris. xx

      Delete
  18. I’m not a real fan of summer, hate the humidity we get. It’s hot and humid here today so I’ve shopped early and home pottering,
    Got the littlest grandies tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  19. S. W. Ontario, Canada here reading you every day to see what you are up to. I posted, (at least I think I did, not too computer savvy here) a Lovie on your FB page I thought it was really cute, much like the ones you are making.
    Cloudy and cool, only 5*C expecting some light snow for the next couple of days after several of very mild wet days which have melted all of the snow.
    I was given a quilt jig saw puzzle for Christmas, started it yesterday, a start to some "ME" time that I have not had much of recently, 2023 has a lot of resolutions that are going to be kept. Not going to be the carpet any more I am the "broom".
    Cheers, keep those blogs coming, enjoy so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi from Alberta Canada where it is -4C today. That is pretty nice for here. We are supposed to have a fairly nice January whereas December was very cold, -30's. Have your blog open all the time so I check it several times a day. I have read your blog from the beginning although I didn't discover it until you were about 7 years in-then I read it from the beginning!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Freezing rain here in Montreal Canada. If not at work I am at home doing that routine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love them so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love those lovies! What fabric is on the backside? I have 5 new babies in the family this coming year and those would be perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polar fleece on the back, so soft and cuddly.

      Delete
    2. Thank you ... they really are lovely ... what a great idea. Wish you weren't across the ocean from me as I'd be ordering about 10!

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.