Thursday, May 05, 2022

ARIEL

 

ABOVE: And... there she is.  Beautiful Ariel.  Grossly overpriced ornament.  Probably the last one in our collection.  UNLESS some new little ones come in and I can't resist!

I'm going to (hopefully) finish making the blocks today!  Then the fun begins.  Stitching around every single petal/heart/leaf/butterfly etc.

Luckily I really do love sewing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GRANDSON ARCHER.

He is 7 today.  Getting to be a big boy.

They are coming here for dinner this evening, which means no cooking dinner for me. They are getting all of us Chinese takeaways (Archer's choice).  Yum, can't wait.

Honey King Prawns and Prawn Twisters are a favourite around here.


ABOVE:  I just stole this photo from Bex's Facebook page!  lol
He's the 'dog whisperer'.
If there was ever a kid that would LOVE his own dog, it's our Archer.

ABOVE:  Well the sewing room has gone from this ungodly jumble of fabrics all over the place...

ABOVE:  To this!  No fabric on my work benches!!!
Which must mean only one thing.

ABOVE:  All the blocks are ready for stitching!
OMG this quilt is going to be bloody stunning.
It's already been quite a mission, but now the real work begins.
Hours and hours of stitching.

I'm a very impatient person, but when it comes to this sort of thing, I don't mind how long it takes.  It will be worth it.

I just got a phone call from Harvey Norman's.
The girl had an installation date for our new heat pump.
I fully expected her to say sometime in July, as she did warn me that it could take up to two months, due to high demand for installations.

NOPE!  18th of MAY!  Wow.  I wonder if they pushed our installation up due to the utter balls up they put Stew through in getting it all organised?  Doesn't matter, I'm thrilled to bits.

I've got a bit of a headache, so will take a break now.  I've been in here working on the blocks for 3.5 hours.  Time out for lunch.

Well I fluffed around all afternoon, didn't do much at all.

Dinner was awesome, and so was the birthday cake (s).

ABOVE: Bex did what I did for the last birthday, and got smaller cakes and put them together.
It works really well.  We had Carrot Cake, Banana Cake and Cup Cakes.
Very nice.

They have now gone home and we are chilling out till bedtime.

11 comments:

  1. She's adorable!!! OMFG he's seven??? Where has the time gone!! Happy Birthday Master Archer 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way that is the LAST ornament in your collection. There will never be a last.... Because collections are collections and they grow. They are never complete.
    Happy Birthday Archer!!
    Can't wait to see the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ariel is beautiful. Shame they are now so expensive but I guess you can keep collecting if new ones come up that you absolutely love :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that Archer deserves his own dog as a 7th birthday present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Archer! 🥳 Gorgeous photos of Archer, your quilt and your new Britto. Your sewing space looks so different - what a transformation compared with earlier in the week. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:42 PM

    Oh Archer, what a gorgeous young man. He does love the dogs. What an awesome family they are? Love, Love Love the quilt Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt looks absolutely stunning!! Happy birthday Archer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Archer I hope you had a fabulous day, what a great friend you are to the dogs.
    Quilt looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture of Archer with the dogs is so adorable! Happy birthday to the little guy! Love the cake idea! Your quilt is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trish in New Jersey11:09 AM

    Wow! Your quilt is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.