Monday, May 16, 2022

MONDAY.... YEAH!

 I know most people don't particularly like Mondays, but I do.

Much as I love Stew, I like it when he goes to work!

I like having the house to myself.

PEACE.

I can do what I want.  Which is usually getting the house totally spic 'n' span, then just enjoying it!

Do you know how long it's taken to have my home exactly how I want it, and not have anyone mess it up?  YEARS. DECADES IN FACT.

ABOVE:  THIS.  IS.  SO.  TRUE.

If you only have 1-2 kids, you probably cannot relate.

Try having 8.

OMG.

I may not have a crackhead or a preacher in my family.  But I sure have a mixed bag of people I call 'family'.

But the biggest thing that matters to me is this.

LOYALTY.  LOVE. CARING about one another.

That's what matters.  Nothing else.

And that is another of the biggest reasons my blog is going PRIVATE in a few days.

So those who are LOYAL and LOVING will still be able to see what we are doing on a daily basis, and those who are backstabbing bastards cannot.

I will not have trolls and haters having a go at me, threatening me and so on.

This move to going Private is something I should have done at least 2 years ago.

I'm so glad I finally got over the hesitancy and uncertainty of breaking a 16 year 'habit', and am just going to DO IT. 

Today is Monday.  By Friday this blog will be PRIVATE.

Remember, there will be updates on Facebook fairly regularly, but probably not daily.  I will do photo posts mostly of what's been going on, what we have been doing... but in retrospect.  Not necessarily on the same day events happen.

It's called being safe.  That is big to me.

NO MORE HATEFUL/MEAN/NASTY COMMENTS!  If I get any... well I can just block that person.  

I know I've hammered this MOVE to Facebook for days, but I need you to really understand why I'm doing it, and to give you all time to send me a friend request if you want to.

I am not going to say 'SORRY' for going Private, because it's what is best for me.  And most of you have been really lovely and understanding about that.

So instead, I will say  'THANK YOU'.

Thank You for following my blog for however long you have, and I hope you have enjoyed reading it.

Today, after my morning jobs, I am going to do some sewing.  I have three runners that I'd like to get finished before a market I'm doing in July.

My pretty quilt is a long term project, to be fitted around other things.  I will post Progress photos of it, on Facebook.

Oh, I am going back to The Warehouse this morning, to get a few more of those 'pantry' baskets too.  I've got some spaces that I can use more in. I really love those baskets, and they are such a good price.


10.43 am:  And I managed to get 10 more of those PANTRY boxes.  Seems I left out the R in Pantry earlier on.  'Someone' found it amusing. (Dee)

The Warehouse was a ghost town.
I've never seen it so empty before.

Since I got home, I've used 8 more boxes in the pantry, and have two left as 'spares'.

Just had a bit to eat cos I was starving... left over scones from yesterday.

Now?  Better make my bed... I totally forgot to do it first thing this morning.  MOST unlike me I might add.
It's usually right up there on my 'gotta do' list.

ABOVE:  Coco in her happy place.

ABOVE:  And me in mine.  Half way to finishing this runner.
Thinking about dinner.
Forgot lunch, so kinda hungry.

I've got some left over beef stew... but I really feel like HOT CHIPS!  LOL

Well that was just lovely.  We had a burger and chips from Burger Fuel... the best burgers ever.

I folded all the washing I got done today and put it all away.  Good job done.
Time to wind down now... off to bed in an hour to so.

21 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:48 AM

    I am going to miss your blog so much, it’s been amazing having you share your life with us, happy and sad times, you are always real. Telling it how it is, take care and love to you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:54 AM

      Chris, that first comment is from Magpie from Melbourne Australia, I don’t know what has happened, I am anonymous know it seems

      Delete
  2. You must do what is best for you. While we will miss you, you don’t need threats and harassment
    Panty baskets? Great typo 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't funny the way kids in a family turn out so different. Know just what you mean
    Know about peace and quiet at home too.
    And can understand exactly why you're going private. Bout time it sounds!!
    Maybe I'll see you over there soon.
    Thank YOU for letting me into your life a little

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss your blog. Ironically, it is the ONLY blog I follow. I started when Coco was pregnant for the first time. I understand though. There is NOTHING that is worth the abuse you have endured. I am so sorry that someone in the family is causing this mayhem. It seems like such a fun, loving group of people. The little Meme you posted is quite accurate too. Siblings can be quite the opposites on one another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I am blocked on Facebook,because I cant find you with the pic by the tree...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why on earth would I have blocked you???

      Delete
    2. I dont know I cant find you for some reason weird.....

      Delete
    3. Try looking for Stew Harvey... you might track me down via his facebook page? What does your profile photo look like? I will try finding you too.

      Delete
  6. Morning not much happening here I've done my back in can't walk very well off to the doctor shortly 😭💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:52 AM

    I wasn't able to find you on fb either so I went in through Stew's fb and clicked on the link for you - I felt like a stalker. Completely understand why you are going private with your blog and amazing that you have kept it up for 16 years. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:56 AM

    Dear Chris,
    I remember sending you a birthday card for your 50th birthday! Not sure how many years that is, but i will miss visiting your blog a couple times a day. I especially appreciated your loving relationship with Stew. I don’t do facebook, so I will just wish you well for your whole family in the future. All my best!
    Christine from Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  9. your sentiments about family are spot on! I'm glad you are doing what you need to do to get some negativity out of your life. you just don't need it. i will miss your daily updates but understand perfectly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:48 AM

    I can understand the attractions of Mondays - I always like bundling the children off to school. Gosh I remember Coco being pregnant too and Teddy…so many years reading when you look back on it.

    Before you go I must ask I’m driving with my mum through Cambridge in a couple of weeks do you have a cafe/cafes you would recommend? Especially ones for breakfast/brunch?
    Enjoy your week.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a good couple of years since I lived in Cambridge, let alone frequented a coffee shop for brunch. So I can't really recommend any. Suburban Kitchen is very good for donuts! lol And I've heard Joe's Garage is very good too, but I've not actually been there. Both of them are out in the 'suburbs', not in town itself too.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:54 AM

      Thank you! Donut recommendations are always a great option. 😅
      (!I know you aren’t in Cambridge anymore but thought you might have 1 or 2 places you still liked there.)
      Will definitely look for it. Have a lovely day X

      Delete
  11. One kid can hurt and rip ya heart out i tell ya :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trolls and arseholes ha you’ve may have won this battle but ya didn’t win war on Friday have champagne and the royal wave as you exit glad to see you’re at peace with the move see ya on the flip side

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've 2 adult kids. Chalk and cheese. I'm not saying either is "bad" but one has made some dodgy choices but fingers crossed has come out the other side. The other has kept to the straight and narrow. Same house, same parents, same upbringing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1:20 AM

    I'd like to wish you and your lovely family all the very best for the future, may it be filled with fun and laughter :) It has been lovely to read your blog over the past couple of years and your various outings have brought back some lovely memories of when we visited New Zealand in the early 2000's. My partner still has relatives living in Hamilton but judging from your blog posts it seems to have changed quite a lot since we visited with them. Take care and best wishes, Gail x

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.