Tuesday, May 03, 2022

SLEEPING IN

 


Nice sentiment to start the day with.

And sleeping in.

I'm not getting up any time soon.

But when I do get up, I'm doing the usual first thing in the morning jobs.

Then heading into this mess:

ABOVE:  I have piles of fabric all over the bloody place!

I will be really happy once I've got all the fabrics fused onto the blocks.  Then I can put all that fabric away again.

The mess is starting to do my head in.

I'm a clean/tidy freak, so when the sewing room is like this it grates on me nerves.

OH here's a question for you.

I've been pondering if I should turn those blocks into a duvet cover, as opposed to an actual quilt?

The duvet cover would be EASIER to make, and far less time consuming.  The quilt would look more 'impressive', but take me 4 times longer to make.

Either way, it will look amazing on the bed.

So... what do you think?  Duvet Cover or Quilt?

Right, I'm rolling over and reading the news, then snoozing some more I think.

Depends on me foot.  Why do I say that?  Anyone remember?

12.15 pm:  And I've not been a slouch.  I've done all the morning jobs, then straight into the sewing room.

ABOVE:  And I've got two more blocks ready for stitching.

I've not made up my mind about the Duvet vs. Quilt yet.

But I think... it will be a quilt.  But as you all know, I'm notorious for changing my mind. 

Time will tell I suppose. 😆😖

I think the fact that a quilt will take more time is making me lean that way.  I've got quite enough stuff for markets already, so a longer term project might be best.

It's lunchtime, so I will stop for a while and have lunch.  I've made myself a mince and potato pie.  Stew will be getting the same for his dinner.

Most days (when it's possible), I'm having my main meal at lunchtime now.

Seems to be working on stopping me over eating at dinner time.  Win win.

NOTE TO SELF:  Do NOT have a pie for lunch!  It will give you severe heart burn and reflux.

It only happens with home made pies I might add.

I've felt shocking all afternoon, another day feeling ill!  Not fun.

Bex and the boys called in after school, which was lovely.   She got to 'help' me cut out more pattern pieces 😅😋.

Stew just got home from Rotorua, and he's off to do some exercise in the gym room until his dinner is ready.

Right.  Dinner is done.  Husband is fed.  My tummy is finally settling down again, thank goodness.

Now watching Coronation Street, then off to bed.

11 comments:

  1. Duvet cover is my vote

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your foot? dOES IT TWITCH WHEN IT'S TIME TO GET UP?
    Duvet vs Quilt. Whichever one you would be more likely to USE on a daily basis. Don't worry about how long/hard it is to make. Just focus on the one you would be most like to use on a daily basis. Comfort, ease, personal preference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A duvet cover with a really expensive fluffy biofuels inner looks just as impressive too but a flat duvet cover if it doesn’t look right I can see you unpicking and starting again. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:24 AM

    Well I say quilt because I've only had a duvet cover once and it did my head in trying to keep the comforter inside straightened. If that makes sense? But either way it will be impressive on any bed. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't mention feet... my sister is at this very moment in Auckland hospital getting her foot amputated due to diabetes. I just hope that whatever your 'foot' thing is, it's not circulation or whatever. Regarding the quilt, only you can decide on how it would look. If a duvet cover would look OK then go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:36 AM

    Make both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sentiment is me to a T! I almost never get the house to myself except during some work days - at which time I have to work so cannot just relax & enjoy myself.

    As for the quilt vs duvet, which is going to get the most use and make you feel the most satisfied? A duvet may be quicker but if you constantly look at it & think "I should have done a quilt" it will just annoy you. Winter is coming so a quilt which takes longer could be your winter project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love my quiet house dont even likeva radio or tv on just me and the creeks and groans of the house and me bones

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Chris I’m going a quilt. Duvets will need to be washed more often and might wreck it. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote for the quilt. Love what you have done so far. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.