Thursday, May 12, 2022

BIG CHANGE COMING

 


Well, I've said this a few times in the last couple of years.

And I've certainly thought about it more than you will ever know.

But now I'm serious.

I'm going to be making this blog private soon.

PRIVATE as in, ONLY for family.

BUT ... I will not disappear completely, don't worry!

I will still be on FACEBOOK.

BUT NOT daily.  Just when I have something worth showing/sharing.

I was planning on doing this over a year ago in fact.  I always said to myself I'd stop blogging once my Mum passed away.  She loved reading it, but she's gone now so I don't feel like I HAVE to blog any more.

So, it's time to pre-warn you all, and give you a chance to friend me on Facebook!

This is my profile:

Why am I doing this?

Primarily because I want to be more PRIVATE with what is going on in my/our life.

I know there's plenty of people who read my blog just to be nosey, who really dislike me and just want to know what I'm doing so they can talk about me behind my back, or leave nasty comments.  I think the last straw was a death wish/threat recently.  

I might add... that was reported to the Police, along with the ISP address it came from.

There's also people who are not welcome in my life, but who can 'look in' via the blog.  Well that is gunna stop.

This is the first step.  A Pre-warning.

I do not have a date in mind YET.  But it will be within the next month or so.

So... send me a friend request if you are not already a friend of mine on Facebook.

Obviously whatever I post on Facebook will be slightly different from the blog... less day to day and personal stuff. 

Back to the 'normal' blog now.

Stew and I are going to Tauranga for the day.  

Just for a tiki tour around the area north of Tauranga really.  

So, catch ya later.


2.08 pm... we are having a very pleasant drive.

ABOVE: An almost 360 degree panoramic view from Bowentown lookout. Just one of many beautiful views today. 

5.15 pm:  And we are home after a really lovely day out and about.
Photos:

ABOVE:  Looking back down on all the traffic travelling on the Kaimai's.  So many trucks.
The view was stunning, not a cloud in the sky today.
You could see the Mountains (Tongariro and Ngauruhoe), but they don't show up well in the photo.  


ABOVE:  a lovely carved stone and the waterfront at Omokoroa.  We hadn't been there in many, many years.  It has grown so much, so many new homes!

We had a wander around the shops in Katikati.

ABOVE:  We found a local craft shop that had some nice things in it, including those funky, bright tea pot cosies.
I resisted the urge to get one.  

ABOVE:  We had lunch at a local pub in Katikati, and sat under a HUMONGOUS Avocado tree!

ABOVE:  There was a sign saying you sat under the tree at your own risk, as there were lots of avocados on that tree.

ABOVE:  Another only so-so lunch.  Our problem is that I cook food and make it really TASTY and FLAVOURSOME.  Most places don't, they cater to lots of people, so play it safe.



ABOVE:  We loved the views from Bowentown Lookout!  Stunning sea and harbour.
I had only been to Bowentown once before, when I was a teenager.

ABOVE:  Poor Stew had to gather rocks... as per usual.  One from Te Puna beach, and two from the Karangahake Gorge.


ABOVE: The gorge was just beautiful today.  No wind.  We spied a little pile of rocks out in the river.  Made us smile.

ABOVE:  We did a tiny bit of shopping along the way.  Some new melamine trays, some funky pants for Keera, two old bottles (they are really little) and a beautiful pottery heart for our bedroom 'heart wall'.

ABOVE:  The RED line is pretty much our travels today.  A nice big loop.

And that's a wrap!
Time to chill out before I prepare dinner.

We are having Corned Beef and Veges.

 8.25 pm:  Our dinner was very nice, I used frozen Corned Beef and it came out really great.

Now watching some mindless TV before bed.  I'm so tired, I doubt I will be up much longer in fact.

51 comments:

  1. You will be missed, but I do understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrible about the threat. Mean People Suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris! A lot of people aren't on FB for many reasons, not least of which being FB is a proven data mining site that sells our information to the highest bidder. Aside from that, I'm sure going to miss you. Covid has caused havoc in many of our lives with family members who have died, jobs that have been lost, homelessness and depression. Many times I've wanted to drop you a comment but life got in the way. If you are receiving death threats, that is unwarranted and the person/s making those threats are genuinely mentally ill and that's a scary thought. Anyway, I wish you nothing but the best in life and, as I said, I'm going to miss dropping in and reading about you and your lovely family. KIA ORA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:28 AM

    Totally understand your reasoning for more privacy. What happens for people like me who have followed you for years, not commented much (and certainly left no nasty comments), would you accept me and likely others on Facebook? Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. A death threat!!! That is insane, wtf is wrong with people 😡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great decision time for yourselves 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm already friends on facebook so will continue to follow you there. I'm amazed that you have blogged virtually everyday for all these years. Given the death threat and certain people that you would prefer not to read your blog I don't blame you one bit for going private. Hopefully you will post the non-intrusive family stuff and all your crafts etc. still on facebook. Take care, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read your blog everyday for 15 years. I'll miss you. Thank you (and Stew) for sharing your life all these years! See you on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely understand why you are going family only and will certainly miss reading about your day to day activities. I feel like you are a friend although I have only ever known you through your blog. I hope that you accept my Facebook friend request and then get to know me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally understand and think it's a good move. Life should be more private. I still blog but not day to day and never really personal stuff. I'm about to start my 'motorhome travel' blog which I will keep as we travel around. that will be more for my records than anything else... I really enjoy the diary aspect of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:43 AM

    Omg some people really are POS💩I hope whoever made the death threat cops the full force of the law😡. I would like to send you a friend request Chris, been reading your blog for years, since Griffin and Brylee were little. We will have a mutual friend in Colleen Barnett. I've always commented on here anonymously but my Facebook name is Shar Lene😀

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:10 AM

    I can't imagine what you have ever said that warranted a death threat - the person must be seriously deranged. Oh well, you and Jacinda have something in common anyway!! I shall miss your blog and commenting (hopefully in a nice way!) on things you say that I don't necessarily agree with. 16 years is a long time and I think for a while you will probably miss it and we all certainly will. Hope to follow you on facebook. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:32 AM

    I figured you were shutting the blog down, and I understand your reasoning. Happy life to you and yours, Chris. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't have Facebook... send me your email address.

      Delete
  15. Anonymous9:37 AM

    Completely understand Chris. 😊 Have just requested on fb. From Suzette… ( crappy commenter - but have emailed you before as ‘ Suzy ‘)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am reluctantly on Fakebook, they are such nasty censors, and sorry to see your blogging will end. I've enjoyed reading it and hearing about your life and adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no what am I going to do for those 10 times a day that I check your blog 😥
    Totally understand stopping blogging I think I would be stopping fb as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Will continue to follow on Facebook.
    Blogger being a bitch and not letting me comment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Will miss you here Chris but you have made a good decision for yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous10:49 AM

    I stopped blogging for similar reasons (not the death threat though wtf?) after over 20 years on and off. I enjoy Facebook as I can keep my friends list tight. Trish in Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous11:31 AM

    I will miss the window in on your life but completely understand - nothing is worth the scare that threat must have given you.
    Best of luck
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  22. Will definitely miss your blogs but at least I can keep up with you on fb and the other page

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous11:56 AM

    Like so many others I am really going to miss reading your blog every day but I understand your desire for more privacy. I can’t understand people who leave nasty comments and send crazy things like death threats. Hope to follow you on Facebook. Thanks for sharing your life with us over the years. Sus (Susan)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Chris, I've been reading your blog for quite awhile but don't comment much. I am so sorry that you are receiving death threats. Hope the police can track them down. Wishing team Harvey all the best. I sent a friend request on Facebook that I hope you will accept.
    Vonda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Definitely going to miss your daily stories but we're Facebook friends so I'll definitely catch you there. I'm so sorry other people cause so much trouble. I'm sending you a fun little gift as a Thank you for the years of love you've shown us all by sharing your life and connecting us across the globe. Much love ~Nicole in CA

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have read you daily for years. Even though I’m on the other side of the world from you and I completely different lives, I’ve always enjoyed hearing your stories and you sharing your different journeys. I tried to find you on Facebook and could not. I will miss hearing about your life.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Chris. You are doing which is right for you & your family. Stay safe.

    Southgirl.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Absolutely fair (& I can't believe anyone stupid or vile enough to send a death threat!!! & sorry you have to deal with that). You do what you need to do. I'll follow along on FB. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I will miss your blog! Yours is the only one I still keep up with. Have a great day with Stew!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous3:43 PM

    Holly shit a death threat, nope that’s dreadful. I will send you a friend request with the my name Josephine Batory.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous3:52 PM

    Sorry me again, your Facebook page only has messages there isn’t anyway to send a friend request. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'll be very sorry not being able to read about you and your wonderful kiwiana life. Can totally understand why though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, do you not have Facebook Chick?

      Delete
    2. Don't have Facebook Chris. I deleted mine a few years ago. I may have to start again. I'll think about it cos I really will miss you!

      Delete
    3. I hope you do chick... it would be nice to continue hearing from you.

      Delete
  33. Kiwionholidays7:10 PM

    I had a feeling that would be the news Chris
    I am so sorry it has come to this
    Eg today you gave me a blast from the past with the fab photos of the round trip that you 2 enjoyed
    We know all that area and have been away a long time, but you revive our memories
    Have so enjoyed the blog Thanks for sharing, but as we are not on Facebook we may sadly have to say Haere Ra once the blog closes but will continue to read till we no longer can,
    Can’t believe that there has been such unkind things going on behind the scenes and it’s best for your Whanau to feel safe and protected

    Team Harvey will still carry on and if there’s any way we can touch base sometime then that may happen

    Take care n please let’s know on here when you are going to pull the pin 🧷

    🕺🏿❤️🌸🌲⛱
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiwionholidays: Please send me your email address. to: stewandchris@hotmail.com

      Delete
  34. Kiwionholidays7:29 PM

    👍❤️✅🍰

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful drive you had today. I thought Rotorua was much further north but I obviously don't know NZ very well.

    ReplyDelete
  36. So glad that you had a great day and picked up some nice momentos. I really like the heart

    ReplyDelete
  37. I will miss your blog but hopefully can still follow your posts on Facebook. Will send a friend request on Facebook from Jane Gardner.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I can undetstand your reasons but I'll miss following your blog since I'm not on Fakebook. Best wishes for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anonymous11:05 PM

    OMG what is wrong with people! I have no words …. Not polite ones anyway. I hope you will let me friend you on FB. Michelle M

    ReplyDelete
  40. Anonymous11:46 PM

    I’m going to miss reading your blog everyday. Will look for you on Facebook. Thanks for sharing.
    Carol WA

    ReplyDelete
  41. Looks as though you and Stew had a lovely day. Will miss the blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Anonymous3:44 AM

    I haven't been able to comment on your blog for some time now; Google has prevented me from doing so by giving me this message:

    "403. That’s an error.

    We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page. That’s all we know."

    I had the bright idea to go "incognito", and boom! I can comment. Wish I'd thought of this sooner.

    I am so very sorry to hear that you have again been subjected to online abuse and threats. I hope the police can locate and charge the individual responsible, and that the full force of New Zealand laws will be brought down on them. I do understand your reasons for taking your blog private; it makes sense for your safety and that of your family members. I will miss hearing about your family's lives, and seeing your numerous creative ideas as they come to fruition. I am not able to follow you to Facebook, as I do not use social media at all. I'll continue reading your blog until you decide to stop posting.

    Farewell, Chris and family! I wish only the very best for all of you.

    A Fan in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  43. Anonymous4:24 AM

    Wheeee - I just sent you a friend request on FB :) I understand your reasons for stopping the blog; I have enjoyed reading it every day but hopefully you will friend me on FB. But I totally get why you are doing so!! BE WELL, Stay safe and Take care of yourself (and Stew too). Dawn Pinnataro, Albany GA USA

    ReplyDelete
  44. Have enjoyed reading your blog for years but totally understand wanting to go private. I have a Facebook account (I think) but have just never used it. I'm on there are erinmct though. if i can figure out how to get in, i'll send a friend request. So appalling that someone would make death threats ... hope there are severe consequences for them. I went private with my account years ago because of a couple of batty in-laws. Best of luck to you and yours. Erin

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.