Saturday, May 14, 2022

HOW LONG DID I TAKE?

YEARS.

Every time I mentioned to Stew that I wanted to stop blogging, he talked me out of it.

Now that I'm actually going to do it, it feels RIGHT.

Before, I was fairly easily swayed from the idea.  And to be honest, when I thought of doing it, I started to feel like maybe it wasn't the right thing to do.

I've blogged for so long it's second nature.  But... it's time.

And the plus is that I get to interact more with whoever reads my drivel on Facebook.

I hope you have sent me a friend request?  Because it won't be long before I do the switch, and make this blog PRIVATE.

I'm still going to be blogging as it serves as a very good resource for looking back and finding out when/where/how/what happened in our lives at various times.  But, just not making all the nitty gritty details of my daily life public anymore.

There will most likely be posts on Facebook every few days, mostly just newsy/crafty/travel photos and so on.

Less stress/pressure on me to produce daily content for readers of the blog.  

And let me assure you, it IS/HAS BEEN stressful at times.

Some days I would literally scratch my head pondering what the bloody hell to put on here!  My life is fairly mundane in the grand scheme of things.

How many times have ya seen me re-organise the pantry FFS?  Or move furniture?  Seriously.

You are gunna be spared all that soon.

I know it won't be the same for YOU, but it will be easier and safer for me.  

And that's what matters.  What's best for me, and the family.

Right.  Stew and I don't have any plans for today at all.  I might do those little jobs I didn't get to yesterday.

And he will probably watch some shoot 'em up, bang bang movie on Netflix.  He's loving them.

Bloody typical man.  Movies.  Or sport.

My dear Mum would have been 85 today. 💜💚💙


12.39 pm:  Stew and I went out to K Mart and found long, thin towels for $4 each!  Perfect for handtowels, so I don't have to chop up 'good' towels now.

Home and waiting for lunch...

ABOVE:  Family here for lunch...

ABOVE: And there's the cook today.  He's making Franks on Buns.  Yummy.

After lunch Bex and I went to Spotlight as they were having a Sale on wool/fabric etc.  Like they do EVERY DAY, like Briscoes!
Anyway, I was sure they wouldn't have any new fabric in, and I was right.
They are woefully low on patchwork fabrics.
I usually only get my backing fabric from Spotlight anyway, so it didn't really worry me.
I left with NOTHING.
Bex got a small amount of wool.

The rest of the afternoon went quickly, no more visitors.  Just Stew and I.

Dinner was Beef Stew and veges.  

Now... we are just watching the telly till bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

32 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and THE OLD MOO 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs for you and your lovely Mum. She sounded so fabulous. I love your drivel. I enjoy hearing about the pantry reorganizing and "musical chairs" with your furniture. It even inspires me at times. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:26 AM

    Morning Chris... going to be in Hamilton on the 31st .. would you be interested in meeting at the base for a "diet coke"? Bee - Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Just gimme a time and place.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9:59 AM

    Hi Chris. How do I send you a friend request? Tnx Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:06 AM

    I sent friend request, ignore my other comment 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. Chris. I've enjoyed your blog for years, but I know it's time for you to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only found you about 18 months ago, but yours is the first blog I read every day. I can't find the correct Chris Harvey on Facebook, but I would love to follow you. I am on Facebook as Dianne Mauth Daines, maybe you could friend me, please? I don't want to lose you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sent you a private Message over Facebook so you have the link to my Facebook Profile.

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday to the Old Moo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've found it very freeing to go private on my blog ... no boundaries!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Heavenly Birthday to your Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll miss your blog but I will catch you on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:48 PM

    I'm not a commenter but I have read your blog everyday for years and cheered for you along the way. I am in awe of the way you have tackled each obstacle as it has come. I will send you a Facebook friend request but totally understand if you choose not to accept it. All the best.
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:02 PM

    I don’t have a personal Facebook account so there isn’t a reason to friend me. Just want to say that I have GREATLY enjoyed your blog for several years and will really miss you!!! But I understand your reasons…I will miss all the interesting things you do,your creativity and artistry,getting to hear about alll the big and little kids in your life and learning a little about your beautiful country.Hope things will be better for you on Facebook. Mary in Colorado….USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RuthW in MD12:13 AM

      I want to say, "DITTO!" to this comment from Anonymous. I have enjoyed your blog immensely, and look forward to any updates you choose to do on it. Thank you!

      Delete
  14. Anonymous4:17 PM

    Happy Heavenly Birthday Old Moo! Steve is awesome making lunch. Going to miss your blog heaps but totally understand. I’m so glad that I am friends on facebook with you. Kym/Australia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous7:37 PM

    Hello Chris, like many others I just wanted to wish you all the very best for the future and to thank you for your years of blogging dedication! I stumbled across your blog around 2007 I think, before you moved to Auckland. At the time I was on a weight loss mission and looking for similar people for inspiration!! I have read every Saturday morning since then, with a cuppa tea and a lie in, catching up on your week :) Before you close the curtains on this chapter, I wanted you to know that I've developed a total fascination for NZ and have kept a list of all the amazing places you've posted pics of that caught my eye, as thanks to your blog I'm planning a once in a lifetime holiday in a year or so.
    If I used FB I would follow you there, but I deleted it around 10 years ago. Totally see why you've made this decision, and all good things must come to an end :)
    Tracy, Cornwall, UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Tracy, if ya miss me too much can I suggest to create another Facebook Profile? I would happily accept a friend request from you.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:24 PM

      Thanks Chris, I may just do that if the DCR withdrawals get to much :D

      Delete
  16. Hi Chris, I would really like to follow/friend you on Facebook. I live in Australia and have enjoyed reading about your life in New Zealand. Frances from the
    Central Coast, NSW. https://www.facebook.com/frances.ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francis I can't find you .... there's a lot of Frances Ryans! Perhaps you should look for my profile and send me a friend request?

      Delete
    2. Chris, if you click on the link I gave you it will take you straight to my profile. I found you on fb (https://www.facebook.com/chris.dietcokerocks) it only allows me to send a message. No friend request button, last entry by you was 2018.

      Delete
    3. I have now done it right, and sent you a friend request from the facebook account I use now. NOT chris.dietcookerocks

      Delete
  17. Anonymous9:31 PM

    A Happy Heavenly Birthday to your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh chook - the end of an era of all of us who blogged. There was only you and Jen in WA that I still followed. Thanks so much for the bloggy friendship and look forward to continuing on FB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zanna I still blog...usually weekly.

      Delete
  19. Blogger really being a bitch still.
    Just wanted to say Happy Heavenly Birthday to your mum. I'm sure she knew you were remembering her special day and blogging all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will certainly miss reading your blog, it was the first one on my bookmarked list. Did not leave comments on a regular basis. Look forward to your posts on FB.
    Happy Birthday Mum. I miss mine, especially last Sunday, Mother's day in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thinking of you on this first without your Mom. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.