Friday, May 13, 2022

FRIDAY....

 After travelling for hours yesterday, it will be nice to just blob out at home today.

I've got a few jobs lined up, but nothing major.

Keera is the pits when it comes to clothing, and wearing several sets per day.  And she just drops them back on the wardrobe floor!  Maddening.

I've got a whole basket full to sort out and put away again.  I should have done it already of course, but well... not a priority.

What else?  Oh yeah, I am going to chop up a couple of our bath towels and bind them.  Then they can be used as extra long hand towels in our ensuite.  Most hand towels are just too damn short.  We like them longer. 

We looked in almost every shop that sells towels the other day and didn't find ANY that were long, but not a full towel.  So that's another little job I might get done today.

It's Black Friday.  I'm not in the least bit superstitious.  Are you?

That's me for now, catch ya later.


MOVING TO FACEBOOK in the near future for my daily or weekly updates... has been the best thing ever!

I have so many new 'friends' over there, but better yet... I can now put faces to names!  So many people I've never known I can now get to know better cos we can interact easier, and I get to SEE you.  I'm loving that.

Oh and it's  bloody freezing this morning.  5 more days until we get the new heat pump in this family room.  I cannot wait.  

So, I just did a post over on Facebook, it's what the future will look like for me and my social media posts.  No more daily/hourly updates on my blog.  Just happy, newsy ones over there.

LYNDA:  I've already done that.  The middle join does not sit nicely on the rail.

Went to get baking ingredients out of the pantry.... they are down too low.  It's doing me bloody head in.  So... now I'm about to re-organise the freaking pantry.  Dammit.

Hey can you imagine what it would look like if I did a post on Facebook every time I thought of doing something?  Like the blog?  LOL.  It would be crazy.

ABOVE:  And just like that... we went down to The Warehouse and bought some plastic boxes for the pantry.  
I'm gunna have it looking so much better soon.

ABOVE:  And BOOM! That is how ya do it.
Much better, so much more organised, and with space to spare.  

I'm gunna sit down and relax for a while now, that was a big job!

BTW:  I've not done one single job that was on my 'To do' list today.  Got side tracked with other things obviously.

Well... it's been a neat day.  Got some good jobs done.
Dinner was Pea and Bacon soup, slow cooked in the crock pot all day.

Just watching the TV now ... then bed.

15 comments:

  1. Hand towels... here's a suggestion. Take two hand towels you already own and join them! You could make the seems pretty flat if you cut off the exiting one and join them almost invisibly. That way you have proper looking hand towels but double the length!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you a friend request. I can't imagine any day without hearing from you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Thanks for accepting my FB friend request and you are right it would be nice for you to see more of the people that read your blog instead of it being mostly a one way communication 😊 Michelle from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those crocheted double hand towels. Maybe you can cut long strips of towels and use those to make the crochet ones, which would then be longer than the ones made from tea towels?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sunny day here done a whole heap of washing mostly for my Ma's fundraiser for CWI needed to get rid of it. My brother and his wife picked up their new puppy today 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:36 PM

    I'm going to miss what's happening with Keera and the boys. Seen them all born literally lol, it's a long time. Have a good weekend. It's cold down here too. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pantry looks well organized

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Hi, I just wanted to say how much I’ve enjoyed visiting your blog over the past couple of years. Sadly I don’t have Facebook . I will very much miss popping in every day so thank you and good wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best pantry I ever had had drawers instead of shelves. I miss that pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the add on Facebook Chris. As you mention, now you can see what we look like too/follow what us non-bloggers are up to ! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Keera is generating tons of laundry every day... I wish I could be half as organized as you. You make me wat]nt to go buy many plastic containers.
    I had to get off of Facebook, and have been so much happier since then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to see your final hand towel solution. Hand towels are pretty short - but I never thought to do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just sent you a friend request.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.