Thursday, January 31, 2019

A BIG DAY FOR TWO GIRLS

Well... first up for today... is Marley.

She is going to the vet for a SPEY operation.

Yep.  No puppies for her.  Or us.  NONE.

I have finally decided NOT to go down that track again.  I simply do not need the stress that comes with all that.  

It took me ages to finally make up my mind, but now that the decision is made, I feel good about it.

I will be dropping Marley off at the Vet's at around 8.30 this morning, and picking her up again late this afternoon.

Denim is getting 'fixed' as well, but I'm not sure when.  Because she is partly deaf, it's totally the right decision for her.

Next biggie of the day is Brylee going over to Te Awamutu to sit her Restricted Driver's License.
She will be having another driving lesson immediately prior to the test with a really good instructor, so I'm feeling quietly confident she will do well.

I will be having a quiet day in the sewing room working on a baby quilt.  So, I will be keeping myself busy, trying not to think too much about Marley or Brylee!

If it's yet another stinking hot day I will be in the pool later on in the day... that pool is such a godsend, and worth every cent it cost.

ONWARD...


 ABOVE:  And off they go.
This test is going to be extra hard for Brylee, bearing in mind she found out yesterday a few things that she's NOT been taught.  It's thrown her for a loop.
This morning that poor girl couldn't even drink water without vomiting.

I've given her some glucose tablets to take, to try and help her energy levels if nothing else, but I fear her nerves are going to play a bit part in what happens today.

I KNOW she can drive perfectly competently, and with all the saftey necessary to pass... so  GO BRYLEE!

No matter what ... we got ya back.  Love from Griffin and Dad too.

ABOVE:  I've been busy this morning.... getting heaps done on this little cot quilt... I've not used a panel for a cot quilt before... it's quite interesting.  I know I am going to do more than what most would do with a panel though... I can't 'just' stitch around the lines!  *smiles*

BRYLEE IS HOME.

AND ....  after all our fears, and all her nerves and vomiting and stressing:




SHE PASSED HER RESTRICTED
DRIVERS LICENSE!!!

I DON'T HAVE TO BE HER TAXI EVER AGAIN.

I'm thrilled to bits for her.  

And she's... STARVING.   So, she's now having her breakfast and lunch mid-afternoon.

And I am off to pick up Marley from the Vets. Apparently her operation went well and she's ready to come home.

5.10 pm:  just out of the shower after a lovely refreshing swim in the pool with Brylee.  OMG it is so hot again today!  Heatwave?  Yep for sure.
When I got out of the car at the Vets to pick up Marley I almost died!
The heat coming up off the asphalt was astronomical.  Reminded me of the heat in Singapore... unbearable.

We are going out to the local Indian Restaurant for dinner tonight by way of celebration, and well... it's just too hot to cook.


Dinner out was lovely, nice food as per usual at Hello India here in Cambridge.
Everyone is tired, it's the heat dragging everyone down.
Signing off for the day.  Catch ya tomorrow.

22 comments:

  1. Can you sneak in a secret "car coaster" or some silly gift for the potential new driver?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Brylee. Woohoo. I remember the days when I was learning to drive but I was 22 eek. I'm sure you have way more confidence than I had

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a great decision for the dogs. Puppies are adorable but so much work! Good luck to Miss Brylee! I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Brylee, you got this and if ya don't it's ok we got ya back kiddo xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck Brylee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS BRYLEE SO VERY PROUD OF YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloody Awesome Brylee I'm So bloody stocked and proud of you.....now I better get my full before you bloody do aye lol, on the phone now organizing that lol 😂
    Xoxoxo You Got It Girl 👍xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Brylee!!!! Not only does Mum not have to be your taxi driver - you get to be her & Dad's sober driver (I told my kids that why I had them lol).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:26 PM

    Congratulations Brylee well done

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah Brylee! Way to go!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Brylee. Wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Brylee. I failed the test twice and was so freaked out I didn’t take the test agin for years! Singapore, when were you there".".? What is the temp".¿ we are at thirty below zero with a windchill of 60 below zero. Boiling water freezes and turns to snow if you throw it in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were in Singapore way back in 1997! Visiting my brother who lived there at the time. It is in the +30 C here right now, with a humidity factor of around 94%. So quite hot and muggy. I can't imagine being somewhere that is THAT cold!!!!

      Delete
  13. Awesome news congratulations Brylee way good

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab news what a great day you have all had

    Vizzies an hr away so better go get some stuff organised

    So Happy for you all

    Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous7:30 PM

    Congratulations Brylee !!

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Brylee well done have wheels will travel..,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Brylee - it’s a real step on the way to independence.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Brylee!

    Danka

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to Brylee 👍😊

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah Good Job Brylee!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.