Tuesday, January 22, 2019

ON THE GO

I'm out bright and early today... I'm off on an FBG Social Walk.
7 am start, so yeah *sigh*, that means me getting outta bed by 6.30!  But I have to do it... I need the exercise, and I will enjoy seeing me friends again.

After I get home I will be going into Hamilton to pick up that desk for Griffin's room.
The seller took a while to get back to me, but at least she did eventually.  Griffin isn't working today, so  he can come with me to help load it in the car for me. 
I have Stew's larger car today, the desk will fit in his car better than mine.


ABOVE: Yet more 'water' photos! This time Brylee and her cousin Danielle in the pool yesterday.  They were the only ones in it cos there was a really cold wind.


 ABOVE:  Yesterday these three kids went to two different playgrounds, and played outside at home ALL DAY.


ABOVE:  Happily playing in the park...they go home later on today.
It's been lovely having them visit, but phew! They are tiring.  And always eating!  Or playing.  And talking, talking, talking! 
Love having them here *smiles*.

And now... I better get dressed, get me sneakers on and go walkies.

ONWARD...

Well I suck.  I slept in and didn't go on the walk.  I was awake in time, plenty of time... but I lay there thinking "Just a couple more minutes..."... and fell asleep again.
Grrrrrrr..... I am never even going to think about going on an early walk again.  Seriously, I am just NOT an early riser.

So instead, I got three small kids jumping into bed with me.  At least they waited till 7.30.

I got a couple of things on 'Pay it Forward' yesterday...

ABOVE:  I got this really lovely basket...


ABOVE:  It's a really good size.  I've not got any idea how to use it YET... but isn't it lovely!

The lady who gave me the basket was having a huge de-clutter, and urged me to take this as well:


ABOVE:  It's a very funky little coffee table.  I really don't need it, so Bex has said she will take it.  Yaa, less clutter in my house.

We still have a very cool wind, it's a bit weird for summer.  The kids want a swim, I bet they don't stay in for long... they get really cold fast.

I decided to see what would happen if I put a plum (whole) in the freezer.
So I put one in the freezer two days ago.
I took it out this morning.

Dante asked if he could have a plum, so yeah...


ABOVE:  I put the frozen plum in front of him.  He was highly amused.

As for how it thawed out?   Turned to MUSH.  Leaked juice all over the plate.  Probably not such a good idea.

I just finished making lunch for everyone.
Bex and the kids will be leaving in the next hour or so.

Griffin and I picked up the desk, I will show it to you later.  It's still in the car right now.

5 pm:  and all is quiet here!
Bex and the kids have gone home.
Griffin and Brylee are at work, as is Stew.
So I'm finally HOME ALONE again.

I've had a swim this afternoon, the water is rather cold!  We still have a really cool wind, which is obviously cooling down the pool.
But it's nice once you are in, really!

Stew is in Rotorua today, so it will be a late dinner... if I can even be bothered cooking!  
I think I've got a couple of girlfriends coming over later for a dip in the pool and a catch up.  That will be lovely.

9.40 pm:  And I've had a  really lovely evening with two of my girlfriends, we had a swim and then yakked for almost 3 hours!  It was so nice.
And Griffin sat and yakked with us too... even nicer!

Anyway, they have now left and I'm freezing cold! The pool was cold and I think I got a bit chilled.  Sitting here with a blanket on and it's the middle of summer! Outrageous! lol

Time to sign off for the day and just relax in me blankie till the next hot flush. *smiles*


6 comments:

  1. Its so great to see that Bex makes sure the little ones are active and outside much of the time. Honestly, I see so many kids their ages glued to one kind of screen or another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dante is such a cutie patootie!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha - love the plum experiment! Can't say I've ever seen frozen plum for sale at the shops - that's probably why :-) Also, how much for postage for the coffee table to Australia? Ha! I love it! Lucky Bex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving todays variety of photos Chris. Well done you!!!

    Love that unusual coffee table (like you no space so gr8 Bex can take it off your hands.

    Looks like the woods the high school ones used to do at woodwork back in the day(now Girls and boys do it )

    Remember the boys (brothers and cousins etc ) coming home with their 1st project,(grandies did the same) and the Mum n Dads used to have it as

    "Pride Of Place" at home (smiles) like planter boxes etc the list goes on.

    Dante, his look of surprise (smiles)

    Havent heard either of frozen plums,,, our tree used to be laden,,, so we made and handed out the Jam,, or others made it from their scores!!! ..Was like a bartering system really,,but we all just shared the surplus and looking back it all did a circle..

    but now its called Pay it forward .

    Gr8 brylee and her cousin attempted the pool,,, as the wee ones would have done today..

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog photos are cool so neat to see the kids sprouting up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.