Monday, January 21, 2019

MAKING A START

Like many people at this time of the year, we are inundated with freakin' plums!
Stew picked heaps off the trees yesterday afternoon.

ABOVE:  That's about half of them!  I don't know what the hell to do with them... can't make jam cos we are not allowed to eat it.
Any suggestions?


ABOVE: I won this power cord/light off a local auction site yesterday for $2.  It's the start of my 'NEXT SUMMER CAMPING' supplies!
Yep, next summer I have every intention of going camping with JUST STEW.

Now... here's a smorgasbord of photos:




 ABOVE: Having fun in the pool late yesterday.

 ABOVE: I had a lovely video chat with my niece Rowena last night.  Our girls are staying with her in Brisbane right now.  Those two littlies are Charlie and Joyce, Rowena and Dave's babes.
Cute little buggers.


 ABOVE:  Sadly, I have never met Joyce.  Maybe this year it will happen.

ABOVE: Lacy, Kelly and Rowena comparing their 'tans'.  Rowena is the Australian... with pure white skin!  OK, ok... she IS a red head with super fair skin!  *smiles*

Next (published with his permission) is a progress photo of Griffin's acne:


ABOVE:  The difference is AMAZING!
Just can't believe how much it has cleared up in 4 months!  He says the best thing is that his face no longer HURTS. There is NO ACTIVE acne on his face now, which is wonderful.

Here's his back too:


 ABOVE:  A lot of what you can actually see on his face and back now is mild scarring, that should fade over time.  He's young... and the skin is amazing at healing over time.

Oh ... almost forgot these two photos!....


ABOVE:  He needs a haircut!

Now... today?
I have a Dr's appointment this morning.
Bex is going to Te Awamutu.
Brylee is hanging out with her cousin Danielle.
Griffin and Stew are at work.
I will hang out with the dogs.  LOL... how lucky am I?

We are supposed to get rain showers today... so maybe no swimming... but time will tell.

And that is it for now!  Catch ya later.

ONWARD...

Cloudy day... it's wonderful!  So nice not getting up and immediately roasting.  Wonder how the girls are finding the temperatures in Australia?  It's a damn sight hotter there.  *smiles*

I've gotta get me face on and get to the Dr's soon... 

The sun came out.  It's hot again.  But a coolish wind blowing, so tolerable.

I had a good visit with my Dr.  She's taking me off the Gliclizide (sp?), so hopefully I no longer get the horrible blood sugar lows.
AND she told me NOT to have a blood test this month, to give me time to get back on track with the diet.  It's been pretty bad lately.  Stress does that to me, emotional eating and all that.

My Dr is a really lovely chick!  Very understanding and caring.

So now I'm home and watching 'Moana' with the little kids.  I've never watched it end to end, so maybe I will get to do that today.


ABOVE: This is the 'Lagoon' where the girls and family went today.  Looks lovely.


 ABOVE:   Fun obviously... just like us in our pool. *smiles*

Re the plums:  there's people advertising FREE PLUMS all over the place right now!  There's a glut of them already out there.
I might try freezing some for smoothies as someone suggested, AND offering them for free over Facebook too.

Time to sign off for the day.  Catch ya tomorrow.

17 comments:

  1. Griffin, such a handsome boy with a beautiful smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get him to take collagen supplements they will help with any scarring, look online, plenty of sites selling them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Griffin is looking awesome! I like the "topknot" haha. Maybe Emu oil can help the scarring? I don't usually recommend weird things but it helped my son with some scarring - but there is really no way to tell if it would have cleared up without it...... Like you said, the red may just mellow out over time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning from the kiwi girl in Auzi 🇦🇺 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I had skin cancer on my face my oncologist sold me a cream called Stratomed. I would massage it into the wound, then scar, twice a day. I can't even see where it was now. I got our son to get it for me in Australia because it was half the price there that it is in Canada. Apparently it is widely used over there and you can get it in nearly any drug store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Griffin's skin looks very improved and he's soooo very handsome, with a sweet smile, Christy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:00 AM

    Hi I agree with Christy Griffin is looking great...glad the girls are enjoying themselves over here they picked the hottest time....

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you stew the plums then add them to yoghurt or porridge?

    Griffin is looking good, he must be pleased with the improvement. Bio Oil may help with the scarring too, that is what Samyson used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi from east texas waaay across the pond- we have plums on our property too (both the wild variety and some we planted) and freuently feel they will just take over the kitchen when they are ready to pick- we do enjoy jam and jelly, but our favorite way of using them is in a salsa- just find a recipe online for a mango salsa and use the coarsely chopped plums instead- oh, so good with all the tex-mex foods, in salads, on sandwiches, with any meat,cheese, or fish dishes ... good anytime!!
    love reading about your life so very very far away-
    all regards-
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Griffin is a very handsome young man and I'm so glad his acne has improved. As for you Lacy... haha I love your excitement for travel!!! If you are anything like me it will become an addiction. I didn't go to Australia until I was 34 and have travelled overseas at least every year since and I'm now 62!

    And Chris, it's great you have a good doctor - get back on to the good eating, just remember how well you felt when you were more in control.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cut up plums and freeze to use in smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:35 PM

    Gee Griffin's skin looks amazing, both of my kids are on a similar drug. They are seeing great results as well.
    Everything I hear you mention Te Awamutu, I sing Crowded House Mean to Me! Such a great band! 😊 Sharnee from Melb, Aus.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:45 PM

    Rowena's children are gorgeous...

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:24 PM

    Could you pop the excess plums on Pay it Forward? I'm sure some families would love a bag for free. Or in a box on your verge for neighbours to help themselves too? That's what everyone does here (Perth, Aus) with excess lemons! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think Brylee and Rowena look a lot alike. Looks like the girls are having fun. Griffin's acne is looking so much better. I tried to get Melissa to get Accutane but the doctor won't give it to her. I keep hoping it will clear up for her soon. Do you have a juicer? Maybe you could juice the plumbs and then use the juice in cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What about a savoury plum sauce - great with sausages! Check online for sugar free recipes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pool looks so inviting.
    Griffin growing more handsome.
    Glad the treatment worked.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.