Thursday, September 05, 2024

SORTING OUT RUNNERS

 


YAAAA!  Those 24 freakin' Braid Runners are DONE.

ABOVE:  LUCKY LAST, finished last night.

Today Lacy and I are going to unpack ALL THE RUNNERS from the market bags, go through then, and sort them out.  Then I will be ready for the next few markets.

Hopefully I now have enough stock to carry me through the summer markets.

After we have done that, I'm not sure what I will get up to.

Let's wait and see.

ONWARD...

VICKI:  Thanks for that, but in all seriousness, I could have had all 24 runners finished weeks ago, if I'd not decided to do other things!

There was no urgency to get them done either, so I did put them on the back burner a bit.

I'm now about to get stuck into some more tidying up.   The garage is looking a mess, so that's on me 'hit' list later on today.

I've done the washing and hung it out cos it's a lovely day again!  I wonder how long it will last? 😏

Lacy arrived.  She was a bit depressed.  Her black guinea pig, Onyx, got taken by (we presume), a cat a few days ago.

So she was left with just Chocolate, her brown one.

When I was at the Pet Shop yesterday getting a water dish for Coco, I noticed they had a couple of guinea pigs, one being pure black, like Onyx was.

So, while Lacy was here, I suggested PERHAPS we go look at the little black guinea pig?

Well.  Guess what happened?

ABOVE: Yep.  Lacy now has TWO new baby guinea pigs!  She's holding Chocolate, her 'old' guinea pig on our right, and one of the new babies on our left.

I have named them.   The Black one is Smokey, and the fluffy, multi coloured brown one is Gary.


ABOVE: All three together.  Chocolate spent a lot of time talking to them.  Probably asserting his dominance.

They will take a little while to get used to one another.


ABOVE:  I suspect Lacy will be in this position for hours today/tomorrow, and the next few days.  Making sure Chocolate is nice to the new babies.

At least Lacy is happier now.  Job done.

10.02 pm:  And a lovely evening has been had.

First up, visit with the kids, then off to meet Stew at the pub.  Caught up with a few dear friends.  

Then home to spend the rest of the evening catching up with our friend Jacqui, who's here for the evening/night.  She'll be heading home to Tauranga tomorrow.

Time to sign off, catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:10 AM

    Stew think this is a Xmas one too?
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. its actually the one he made that comment on a couple of months ago. Thats how slow I've been getting them all finished! But in my defense, there's been quite a bit of background stuff going on thats not been mentioned on here.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:19 AM

      I do not think you have been slow.

      I think you have been balanced/good pace.

      Vickie

      Delete
  2. Thanks Ma 😊
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Smokey and Gary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:03 PM

    First thing I thought was it's a beautiful Christmas runner. It's stunning. I wish I could get motivated here. Poor Lucy. I didn't know cats would take them. Enjoy the rest of your day. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not bad names, I would have gone with Purina and Whiskas though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust you Steve! lol

      Delete
    2. Hahaha even I chuckled a bit at that 🀣
      Ginuea's are safe chilling in the bathroom now after a nice afternoon in the front yard πŸ™‚
      #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

      Delete
  6. Oh how adorable are they, so cute.
    Now that runner is right nice and bright!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.