Tuesday, September 10, 2024

A NEW MARKET!

 


A few months ago I heard about a new market starting up, here in Hamilton.

I was like, yeah nah.  I didn't want to add another 'regular, every month' market into our schedule.

But then I got some positive feedback from a couple of other marketeers about it, so emailed the organisers, asking to be considered for a spot.

They got back to me yesterday with a very lovely:  "We would love to have you at our Market"!




So, starting next month, we will be doing the Pukete Artisan Market, every FIRST SUNDAY of the month.  I'll post more details (address/time) closer to the date.

I'm excited to see how it goes, as it is only a 5-10 minute drive away from where we live, so damn handy.  And we won't have to get up at an ungodly hour to get there and set up.

ABOVE:  This is the new runner in progress.  I've put white paper around the bottom just to show it's edges.  I will probably bind it with black.

But first, I need to make it longer, then stitch all the pieces together.   I think I've got it sussed how to do that too.

Just took some thought, and hopefully it works.

So that's my plan for today, work on that runner.

We are looking forward to having dinner at Brylee and Dom's this evening.  We are being fed home made pie apparently.  

ONWARD...

10.50 am:  Trucking along with this runner, it's getting easier to remember how it goes now.

Now, for those who might be confused by 'Border' and 'Binding'....

ABOVE:  A little sewing lesson for ya.  A border makes the runner wider/longer.  The Binding finishes off the edge.

And now... back to it.

ABOVE:  I've managed to add 6 more strips to it this morning.

I might take a break soon and have something to eat.  

2.15 pm:  And....

ABOVE:  It's done.

It took longer than 'normal' as I had to nut out it's construction.  I was only going by a photo of another one on the 'net.  I am happy to say I got it right in the end.

What do you think of it?  Is it worth making another one at some point?

Right now, I'm taking a break.  I deserve it! lol

Well that was a long break!   Stew arrived home from work then we went over to Brylee and Dom's for dinner.  Which was very nice, thanks kiddos.

Home now, watching Coronation Street before heading off to bed.

Catch ya tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:41 AM

    Am I assuming that Dom is the cook Chris? Seems like a nice boy. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dom does do the majority of the cooking I understand, but maybe tonight's dinner is a combined effort?

      Delete
  2. I love that runner! Particularly the COLORS. Does it have to have a binding? I like it the way it is.
    Pie? As in dessert or a savory pie?
    I will have BOTH! Thank you very much!
    Have a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking that design!! I don't think it needs a binding but then again, either would look nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:55 AM

    Are they confusing “border” with “binding” do you think?
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:20 PM

    I love it. I have to have a go at that one too. Yeah right lol. Beautiful warm day here so tidying up slowly. Going to get rid of button jars soon so if you'd like some let me know. I have put my old sm in my sewing room so now I have to use my Janome!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love buttons if there going
      For a project….

      Delete
  6. Anonymous3:00 PM

    Fabulous runner, very clever....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice runner, cute pattern. Maybe not black for the next one but a plain blue or green so it wont be so overwhelming

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Love the new runner and the black binding makes the bright colours pop
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:21 PM

    Black binding is perfect...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rhonda7:49 PM

    You are so clever Chris. The runner looks very nice and I’m sure it will be a good seller for you. Not for me though, to colourful lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:54 PM

    I think it’s lovely. Agree, make one more muted (no black) and then see how they sell before doing more.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new design you can have themes still, a kieisna, a blue green like landscape oh the endless n possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool & colorful runner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1:56 AM

    That new design is so cute. Jean from Canada

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.