Saturday, March 30, 2024

WHO KNOWS?

 


I think we are staying around home again today.

We are going to Spotlight to get a memory foam topper pad for the queen bed in the spare double bedroom.  They are on sale for a damn good price, so best to get it now, before we get visitors who have to sleep on that bed.

That bed is really FIRM, and I don't know how anyone can sleep on it!  I slept on it when Stew had Covid recently, and it was AWFUL!

Steve 'n' Bex will probably be getting a topper pad for their bed as well.

Yesterday afternoon I cut out the cotton wadding for the next run of bowl cosy's.

ABOVE: There's 208 squares there, enough to make 104 bowl cosy's!

DON'T WORRY, I won't show you all 104 as I make them!   

That would be mean right?  lol

I haven't mentioned it yet... Stew's hernia operation is in TEN DAYS.  April the 9th in fact.

We were not expecting him to get in that fast.  His operation will take place at a private hospital, funded by the public health system.  They do that to get the wait lists down.  So, he must have been fairly high on the wait list.

His recovery time is fairly long in relation to what he will be able to do.  But, as he has a fairly sedentary job, he will probably be back to that in a week or two. 

Just no physical stuff for a few months.

So, we are on the countdown now.

And that's about it from me for now. 

2.30 pm.   

Stew has done his 'weekend' shop.

We bought the topper pad for the front bedroom.

We had hot cross buns and a toasted sandwich for lunch.

And I've done this:

ABOVE:  I'm pretty sure I've cut out at least 104 outer and inner squares for bowl cosy's!

And... I'm done.

My back is KILLING ME.

Time to stop and do something else.  And that won't involve fabric, or rulers, or rotary cutters.

ABOVE:  We ended up at The Base, where Stew got a new phone case and screen saver for his new phone.  (just a company phone, boring as).

Then we had an ice cream before coming home.

I had to re-apply for the Kinloch Market at Labour Weekend, as they hadn't received my application back at the beginning of the month!

I'm assured I will get in, so am breathing a sigh of relief over that!  

We are now going to the supermarket to get an Easter Egg or two.  Decided 'why not'?  Ya only live once.

Left our chocolate run a bit late!  There wasn't that much left to choose from, but we did manage to get something for the kids tomorrow.

Now, I've gotta cook our dinner.

We are having a lamb chop, roast potato and veges tonight.

Our dinner was lovely.  Stew is now watching RUGBY, and I'm watching a Netflix movie.

Eating chocolate with gay abandon.  

Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. You're going to have a hard time keeping Stew sedentary for that long. I suspect he is going to be feeling great and ready to GO! No Stew ! Leave the lawns alone! And we DO want to see all 104!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:16 AM

    I will keep Stew in my thoughts for a successful surgery and recovery. I am glad he is having it soon, I was worried about the delay. Happy weekend!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Gosh the is quick all the best Stew for the 9th and fast recovery hope U dnt have markets in time off recovery. Is that wadding for bowl holders wool mix doesn't look dacron.
    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever Lily wow she be in the
    Move soon.
    Love the hat colours very nice.
    That lunch looked delicious, and yes a nap after that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:36 PM

    My eyes would be crossed doing that many outer and inner squares. Congrats!! ;-) Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somebody brought Chocolate covered marshmallow and Caramel Easter egg candies to pickleball. Yum....
    WHICH movie are you watching on Netflix? I'm always looking for suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're in bowl cozy robot mode lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.