Saturday, March 09, 2024

MARKET PREP, AND A FEW ODDS 'N' SODS

 


Tomorrow we have our 2nd Cambridge market of the year.

I think I have everything done in preparation for it.  I've certainly got enough stock.

Yesterday I finished off those two Tree Runners, then I made these last night:

ABOVE:  6 Cat Placemats.


ABOVE: And then this cute little Table Runner using a small panel I found in me stash.

I had planned on making some dog placemats last night, but ran out of energy by 8.30 pm.

I will probably do them today.

We have straps around the upper edge of the gazebo to hang runners on, and one of the clips is broken, so I need to fix that today.  We will put the gazebo up in the driveway so that can be done.  That is top of the 'to do' list, it's been broken for ages!

So, there's a bit to do today.

CATCH YA LATER...

ABOVE: Well we are out and about.

A relaxing little walk along the river..  and now we are having brunch at Chartwell Square. 

ABOVE:  The Big Breakfast at The Coffee Club, Chartwell Square.

Critique:

I had to send mine back IMMEDIATELY as the eggs, even the whites, were RAW.  Like almost totally raw!   

Once returned they were OK.

All was luke warm.

The sausage was too spicey for me, even Stew found them a bit spicey.

Other than that, it was not bad.  I give it a 6/10.

After Brunch, we bought some cupcakes from Girl On A Swing.

ABOVE:  Opposite Chartwell Square.   Stew said they made amazing cupcakes.


ABOVE: They do!  But two was too much!  I now feel ill.

We have been watching a house being built on River Road.  It is being built on a VERY steep section.


ABOVE:  A MASSIVE amount of earthworks was done, then huge piles were driven into the ground before they could even start to build the house.

It has been very interesting to watch it slowly grow.

It started about the beginning of May last year, and I anticipate it will be finished this coming May.  They are on the internal finishes now, plus some landscaping.  So many retaining walls !

ABOVE: That is the view of the house from the other side of the river, which we walked along this morning.  It is a very 'compact' looking house.

Stew and I are just blobbing out now... both stuffed full of food!  He's watching CRICKET, which is even worse than bloody rugby!

So, once I can move without feeling like throwing up, I'll probably go into the sewing room.

ABOVE:  Four hours later and I have three more runners to take to market tomorrow.

Totally changed my mind about making dog placemats obviously.

And now... I've got everything sorted and ready for tomorrow, so can sit back and relax till bedtime.

CATCH YA TOMORROW.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:46 PM

    Made cheese and bacon scones for lunch....to much cheese is actually a thing who would have thought lol.
    Those buns look very sickly but gotta be eaten lol.
    Feel better soon. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays7:47 PM

    Lovely catchup just now
    Hey the wee table runner is stunning so cute those wee faces and ears ❤️
    Lovely you’re getting out and about in the good weather and all the. Best with the Markets

    You’re surely well stocked up ☕️
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:26 PM

    There is a little cake shop near us that makes similar sort of gourmet cupcakes and I can relate to you feeling ill....lol. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:58 PM

    You were generous with giving your breakfast 6/10 Chris, it looks very sad to me, you pay good money, you should get a hot well cooked breakfast with quality ingredients. Maggie Melbourne. Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cupcakes look yummy. Love the new cat placemats. All the best for tomorrow's market 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got Cookie Crumbl' yesterday. They are giant WARM cookies that come in a pretty pink gift box. We took a little Road trip to an actual big city. So had a few foodl treats while away! Also watched a professional Pickleball tournament. I received a black eye playing Pickleball the day we left! So I am sporting that cool look for the next couple of weeks, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.